C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: Members Get Togethers and Events

10th Birthday Bash

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Trainman   
Fri Mar 13 2015, 07:54pm

Member No: #86
Well the dates have been confirmed as 15th and 16th August, and the venue has been confirmed as RAF Cosford, the same as the XM 25th Anniversary gathering. Everyone seemed to have a great time at the XM event, there was a big hard standing for the cars to be parked on, as well as other things for people with families to go and do rather then just look at Citroen's. So it appears it's a fairly safe bet should the weather not live up to hopes as the coffee shop served a great cup of Costa Coffee! - Click Here -

I've spoken to Hungerhill Farm this morning about camping and they've confirmed that there is plenty availability (at the moment) to return their for camping as well. The owner, Ted, has asked that we give him an idea of numbers as soon as possible so he can make space for all the Citroen owners to be together. David Hallworth and I will be arriving on Friday 14th August at the campsite so anyone else camping can feel free to do similar! - Click Here -

There are various Hotels and B&B's throughout the area too

What will it cost?

There's no entrance fees to RAF Cosford, all you do is pay for parking when you get there...

£2.50 gets you 4 hours parking
£3.50 gets you 8 hours parking (the full day basically, doesn't matter if you go over in the evening)

Camping costs...

I *think* Ted said the costs are...

£8 per night for a tent with 1 person in it
£18 per night for a caravan with 2 people in it

Electrical hook ups are extra if required.

There is a farm shop on site selling fresh produce (eggs, meat, etc.) for a lovely freshly BBQ'd breakfast if you feel that way inclined.

Come on folks! Let's make it a good one.
jacktherev   
Sat Mar 14 2015, 08:41pm
Member No: #1423
Is that the RAF Cosford near Walsall in the Midlands?
Trainman   
Sat Mar 14 2015, 10:49pm

It is Jack
Norman   
Sun Mar 15 2015, 09:10am
Member No: #364
I would have liked to come to the meeting but she who must be obeyed has informed me we will be in Spain at this time, so will have to wait for another time.

Norman
Trainman   
Sun Mar 15 2015, 09:19am

You go and enjoy yourself Norman, have a glass of Sangria whilst sitting on the terrace in 80F heat don't give us a second thought, camping in a field in middle England, in the English summertime..........

Jealous........ NOT at all..............

seriously have a great time, I'm sure there will be loads of pictures
jacktherev   
Sun Mar 15 2015, 11:38am
Member No: #1423
I am working on "she who must be obeyed" as we are going to France the following week in the Motorhome with the 2 CV. Just wish she would get a blood transfusion from me so that Citroen would be in her blood. . Leave it with me.
Trainman   
Sat Mar 21 2015, 10:39am

Directions for getting to cosford

and the designated parking area, is the same one used for the XM Rally last year

FreakyFrenchFan   
Tue Apr 07 2015, 05:56pm
Member No: #2057
Does anyone know of other UK Citroen events being held this year?

I believe the Citroen car club are holding a national rally from Friday 10th through to Sunday 12th July but I can't find any info on its location. Can anyone shed some light on this event?
Trainman   
Tue Apr 07 2015, 05:59pm

Willow Bank Farm, Peterbrough, Cambridgeshire.
Trainman   
Thu May 28 2015, 07:36am

Right, We're getting ever closer, it's time to start thinking about who will be attending, I'd appreciate you adding your name once you know so I can give them a rough idea of figures.

1. Trainman
2. DHallworth
3. Hattershaun
4. Eric?
5. CitroenMan
6. FreakyFrenchFan
Hattershaun   
Thu May 28 2015, 08:48pm
Member No: #320
Me, I'll be coming.
Eric   
Fri May 29 2015, 07:36am
Member No: #425
I will be trying to get there it all depends on work constraints.....
I can confirm now I am going to be there. All booked in at a B and B locally See you all there. Do we have a time when we all set up in the car park or do we just turn up at opening time of the museum?
CitroenMan   
Sat May 30 2015, 04:43pm
Member No: #1622
And I'll be there........Oh, and the car, of course! -It's just got to go on holiday to Italy, first!!
Norman   
Sun May 31 2015, 06:16am
Member No: #364
Mine may be going to Spain, the better half haven't said when yet but keeps suggesting around that time, I will be interesting to drive down as she has a stop off in France to see a friend planned.

Norman
FreakyFrenchFan   
Tue Jun 02 2015, 06:42am
Member No: #2057
I'll be there!
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club