Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

dash intermittent no stereo, sat navigation, parking sensors and cruise control.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Jpwildish   
Sat May 16 2015, 09:08pm
Member No: #2166
Hi all. I wonder if you can help me, I have just bought a c6 from my best mate who has given up on it. He has had the dash repaired but it still only works occasionally, I started it up after being stood for 7 months to find the stereo and display dead. All fuses are okay, can anyone suggest any options?
Thanks.
e3steve   
Sun May 17 2015, 09:35am
Member No: #1163
Jpwildish wrote ...

Hi all. I wonder if you can help me, I have just bought a c6 from my best mate who has given up on it. He has had the dash repaired but it still only works occasionally, I started it up after being stood for 7 months to find the stereo and display dead. All fuses are okay, can anyone suggest any options?
Thanks.
to the House of Never-Ending Fun!

You don't state which C6 model/year/derivative you have...

If your ICE is RT3 you might wish to try this - Click Here - which was the problem with my RT3 ICE.

Good luck!
Jpwildish   
Sun May 17 2015, 05:11pm
Thanks, will check it out, have had the unit out but can't get any power on at all, awaiting a odb2 unit for fault codes,

It's a dark grey 2007 2,7 v6 exclusive diesel and wow what car.
Trainman   
Sun May 17 2015, 05:35pm

Member No: #86
Firstly

Second, the head unit which kind is it, RT3 has the satnav disc perminently in the headunit and a CD changer in the boot, whereas RT4 has maps and music stored on the hard drive.
Jpwildish   
Sun May 17 2015, 05:39pm
Hi the head unit states rt3 on the sticker on inside top, but there is no cd changer in boot and I'm sure the sat navigation is on a hard drive....confused!!
Trainman   
Mon May 18 2015, 04:47am

Member No: #86
Jpwildish wrote ...

Hi the head unit states rt3 on the sticker on inside top, but there is no cd changer in boot and I'm sure the sat navigation is on a hard drive....confused!!

If there is no CD changer, then it's RT4....... (if you PM me your VIN number I can double check for you)

Does the unit 'boot up' at all or is it completely dead?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club