C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: Members Get Togethers and Events

CHANGE OF DATE AND VENUE FOR THE NORTHERN RALLY 2015

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Trainman   
Tue Dec 09 2014, 02:16pm

Member No: #86
With the 2CVGB National Rally moving from its customary slot in August to May because of the 2CV World event in Poland and the fact that it was to be held in Yorkshire, it presented us with the perfect opportunity to look at combining the Northern Rally with 2CVGB’s National. The mechanics behind this process are covered in the Northern Section notes elsewhere in the magazine. It also allows us to build on the increasingly close working relationships that have been and are being forged between the various Citroen clubs in recent years with ICCCR 2012 and, more recently, at a local level with the extremely successful Broach Hill Garage Dealer Meet in October.

Clearly the obvious changes are the date, now 28th to 31st May, and the venue, now Newby Hall near Ripon. So the Northern Rally is two weeks later, hopefully meaning a better chance of good weather (and no “Wetherby breeze”) and, if you want it to be, becomes a four day event. And it’s only 16 miles further north up the A1(M) than Wetherby so not difficult to find.

The 2CVGB National attracts many foreign visitors as well those from these shores and with many of the attractions over the weekend being previously seen at ICCCR 2012 in Harrogate, it promises to be a very cosmopolitan event indeed.

To allay any fears CCC Members may have that we are just tagging along with someone else’s ideas, everything we normally do at our Rally will be happening at Newby Hall, with our normal Concours events and prizegiving taking place on Sunday 30th May in a dedicated area. We will also try to make sure our usual traders are catered for. Hopefully, this will ensure the social side of the National Rally, which everyone says they enjoy most of all, isn’t lost but it will be enhanced with all the other attractions taking place. Sunday also sees the Grand Depart of the Citroen Specials round Britain Tour.

There will be a great choice of food and beers on offer over the weekend and the musical entertainment on the Saturday evening includes the popular JB Goode Band who wowed everyone at Harrogate.

If you’re camping there will numerous shower and toilet facilities around the site and if you’re staying for the whole event you’ll receive free entry to the award winning Newby Hall Gardens. And if you’re in the market for a new car, local Harrogate dealer Just Citroen will on hand all weekend with new models for you to view and test drive.

Click the link for full event details and the booking form which gives all the price combinations over the weekend plus keep an eye on the Section’s social media sites and - Click Here -

Steve Welsh Northern Section Webmaster
C6Dave   
Tue Dec 09 2014, 03:49pm

Member No: #1
I did query with the 2CVGB guys, specifically, Dan Fletcher, about 'club' parking i.e. TOC with the Tractions being together but the response was vague Steve to the point that it appears if you turn up for 1 day, say the Saturday or Sunday, you'll be treated as a 'Day Visitor' and could be parked with the visiting public.

A bit of clarification/organisational input is required as not everyone will want to be there for the whole weekend.

BTW the NECPWA annual Rally at Newby Hall in July (with 1,500 classic cars in attendance) has a separate entrance for club members and traders to the general public and Newby Staff should be able to help with advice on that.
Website
C6Dave   
Tue May 19 2015, 10:02am

Member No: #1
Just to confirm for anyone attending. I recieved this e mail today:

Your receipt is proof of your payment - you should bring it with you.

The passes will be provided at the gate.

Remember to take your reciept if you have pre booked.
Website
Trainman   
Fri May 22 2015, 06:09pm

I cheated, did mine through paypal Just been hunting High and Low for the paperwork, then realised I hadn't printed it off.......
Trainman   
Thu May 28 2015, 06:43am

Heading over to the Yarkshire........ today, I'll have the Lexia with me if anybody wants me to sort something out whilst I'm there

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club