C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

C6 Lounge Pack not working...

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
David Hallworth   
Thu Dec 10 2015, 03:20pm

Member No: #90
When my C6 was being viewed by it's prospective new owner, one thing that was discovered was the Lounge Pack was only flickering rather then moving properly, this was affecting both seats, not just one or the other.

They took the car for a run and upon their return the seats were moving properly so whatever it is must be interment as after taking the car 3 miles back to Steve's they weren't working again.

In the end the car went to Leo's garage where we tried another drivers door switch pack from Leo's C6 on it in case it was the child lock switch playing up, upon fitting the other one though, the problem was still apparent, it hadn't cured it, he took the middle seat out to access the wiring and the ECU and found the two plugs that go to each seat individually were loose, these were reconnected and when tested yesterday afternoon both back seats were moving perfectly. When left overnight and tested again this morning, the seats were just flickering again.

At one point yesterday the seats moved from their half reclined position back into the furthest upright position, almost like something had caused them to reset.

I've agreed with the new owner that I'll have the lounge pack repaired as part of the sale, but the problem is neither, Leo, Steve or myself really know where to go with it as it's such an intermittent issue.

Has anybody experienced any issues like this in the past? I've tried searching but can't see anything. When I cleaned the car on Tuesday last week the seats moved in both directions without fault so whatever has happened has only happened in the last few days and other then being moved to clean them, the seats haven't been sat in or moved at all.

David.
David Hallworth   
Thu Dec 10 2015, 08:00pm

Just to update this... A big thanks to Steve and Leo as I think we've found the problem. I think the ECU between the seats has been causing the problems.

This has been replaced this evening and it appears to be working without fault again!

Amazing how it can go from not working a few days ago to being a pain in the ar$e but I guess that's electrics for you!

David.
David Hallworth   
Thu Dec 17 2015, 06:28pm

Well it looks like this wasn't the cause of the problem...

The lounge pack worked for a couple of days and is now back to it's old trick of not working again.

Back to the drawing board by the looks of things!

David.
Trainman   
Thu Dec 17 2015, 09:25pm

Member No: #86
I've managed to repair my Lexia tonight, I think the next step is a bit of 'swap and change' with the switches.........

I'll arrange to take my car over at some point and see if we can figure out what is wrong, having another car with working lounge pack could be a bonus.....

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club