C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

RD4 XCarLink Bluetooth

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
PHaTGRoB   
Sun May 03 2015, 12:25pm
Member No: #994
Hi. I apologise if this has been covered elsewhere, but I've searched and can't find anything.
I have purchased an XCarLink Bluetooth unit for the RD4 in my '08 Lignage.
When I came to install it, the Aux inputs (B & C?) on the back of the head unit, both have plugs already connected. These seem to be factory cables and plugs but I don't know what they're for.
I have no CD Autochanger or USB Box as far as I'm aware, so I'm puzzled. I don't want to disconnect anything until I know what they deal with.
Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks. GRoB.
magicands   
Sun May 03 2015, 12:55pm
Member No: #1021
I recall seeing this topic in other links and as far as my memory goes (which is not very far) some of these xcar links work and others don't.
Somebody may correct me but I think the xcar link connects directly to the back of the head unit on your RD4?
I suggest you trawl the forum for the relevant link and have a read.
Website
PHaTGRoB   
Sun May 03 2015, 01:10pm
Yes. It should connect into the back of the RD4 but there is no free Aux socket. Both are occupied. I've spent a long time searching but have found no other thread dealing with this specific problem. I fitted an XCarLink to our Fiat Sedici and it just plugged straight in but the socket was not occupied.
C6Dave   
Sun May 03 2015, 01:40pm

Member No: #1
Lots of threads on it over on C4owners where it's more popular - Click Here -
Website
PHaTGRoB   
Sun May 03 2015, 02:26pm
Thanks Dave. I've had look through the C4 forum and only one mentions a plug already in the Aux (Part C) socket. No-one came up with a definitive answer as to what it connected to but it was unplugged without anything stopping working. Could it be that it's pre-wired for CD Auto even though there isn't one fitted? Should this Bluetooth unit connect to Part B or Part C?

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club