C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Super Sticky

Diesel Additive for DPF Filter not Required for C6

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gmerry   
Thu Jan 26 2012, 07:00pm
Member No: #21
Ebay advertisement - Click Here - for C5/C6/C8 diesel additive to unblock DPF then states not required if you have Eolys system?

Regards
G
C6Dave   
Thu Jan 26 2012, 07:37pm

Member No: #1
PSA EOYLS system includes an auto regeneration mode that regulary cleans the DPF in the background.

Other systems don't which is probably why they are adding the 'get out of jail' clause in case it causes damage to the DPF
Website
C6Dave   
Thu Apr 12 2012, 08:05am

Additional Information:

Please Note: the addives used vary depending on the cars RPO number and can NOT always be mixed. More information here: - Click Here -

The additive DPX42 must be used for vehicles with a rigid reservoir for the additive filter up to RPO 9491

WARNING 'Adblue' must NOT be used in a C6 it is NOT compatible.

Caution: from RPO number 9492 the additive used corresponds to the 'clickfit' union on the additive reservoir.

• Green Clickfit: Eolys 176 (until stocks are exhausted)
  • Green Clickfit: Infineum F7995
  • Blue Clickfit: Rhodia Powerflex
  • White Clickfit: Rhodia DPX42
Later additives are in a 'flexible pouch' and it is simpler to change the pouch, as they aren't designed to be re filled.

Website
stefan063   
Sat Aug 04 2012, 04:09pm
Member No: #918
I have 2007 2.7 HDI with Diesel Additive for DPF Filter. Which additive should I buy? I have about 0.5l in tank left!
321dave   
Tue Mar 03 2015, 09:01am
Member No: #614
stefan063 wrote ...

I have 2007 2.7 HDI with Diesel Additive for DPF Filter. Which additive should I buy? I have about 0.5l in tank left!

Hi all,
I had a warning message come on for just a few seconds this morning when entering the motor way, if im correct it said (possible DPF blockage, im just days away from filling my Eolys tank up anyway on the 07 2.7HDi.
When you get the additive low warning message on screen (which i have been getting for a few weeks now), does anybody know how much is possibly left in the additive tank? I will most likely try and eyeball the tank level this evening if i can find the time before filling the tank back up(is the tank cover in front of the rear left-hand wheel?
Also if is it best to fill the additive tank (i have a 3 litres Citroen filling Kit of the Eoly fluid) even if you don't reset the counter with Lexia just yet? or is that a bad idea? Thanks again anyway to the C6forum for any advice.

kind regards
321dave
gmerry   
Tue Mar 03 2015, 09:57am
Have you checked your RPO and identified the correct and/or compatible type of EOLYS fluids - see previous postings in this message?

Regards
G
321dave   
Tue Mar 03 2015, 10:56am
gmerry wrote ...

Have you checked your RPO and identified the correct and/or compatible type of EOLYS fluids - see previous postings in this message?

Regards
G

Hi G,
I did, and then ordered the additive kit. It arrived last week, so its been on my mind to top the tank up regardless of the warning message today.
I think the level must be very low now, as this is the first warning of this type i've ever received, no problems generally with DPF warnings. I'll have a look at the tank this evening anyway, it will be interesting to see how much is left. The C6 has covered close now to 114,500miles, so i'm assuming it was previously topped up as i think the intervel is 80000miles or so?

kind regards
321dave
arconell3   
Tue Mar 03 2015, 12:09pm
Member No: #922
The 2.7 HDI additive reservoir has a capacity of 3.5 Litres. Factory filled with 3,5 Ltr. The warning message appears when approx. 0.5 Litres is left.
The reservoirs are color coded, on the 2.7 HDI it has green caps, i.e. your (official) 3 Ltr. filling kit must have green caps also. That makes sure that you have the right type of additive. Refills for the 2.7 HDI are available in 1 and 3 Ltr. kits, always with green caps.

Never reset the Eolys counter before it is refilled and don't wait too long after the message is displayed, because with the 3 Ltr refill you don't replenish the remaining 0.5 Ltr which means next time around you may end up with no additive left before the warning message is displayed. The counter only counts the amount injected in the fuel tank, it doesn't know how much additive is still left.

Regards Robert
Website
gmerry   
Tue Mar 03 2015, 12:43pm
Robert (arconnell3), where are you getting your information: i.e that the 2.7HDi always has a green cap?

Regards
G
arconell3   
Tue Mar 03 2015, 01:46pm
Among other sources thanks to C6Dave in: - Click Here -

Regards Robert
Website
gmerry   
Tue Mar 03 2015, 03:28pm
Hi Robert thanks.

that document indicates there are blue or white clickfit connectors for some later cars.

Then there is the difference between green clickfit pouches and refill containers for the rigid reservoirs.

Are we talking about the same things when you say the 2.7HDi always has a green top?

Regards
G
arconell3   
Wed Mar 04 2015, 12:46am
All 2.7 HDI equipped C6es have the same FAP system specs, they're all fitted with the 3.5 Ltr Eolys tank with green caps.
There are different brands of the stuff available, like Walker, Patfluid, Powerflex and Infineum. The packaging types vary, pouches or containers, but all click fit refill sets are color coded and should be green for all 2.7 HDI.

See also - Click Here -

Regards Robert
Website
gmerry   
Wed Mar 04 2015, 09:44am
Hi all, please be aware that sometimes forum posters get the wrong end of the stick. Use any advice offered here regarding refilling the cerium based catalyst, with a degree of caution.

Regards
G
C6Dave   
Wed Mar 04 2015, 12:37pm

You can't mix some of the different types of fluid.
Website
321dave   
Mon Apr 20 2015, 11:27am
C6Dave wrote ...

You can't mix some of the different types of fluid.

Finally after a long spell got the time today to remove the left rear wheel and try and top up the eolys additive tank. All fine regarding removing all the covers but I noticed a white click fit connection onto the additive tank? Will this go ok with the green caped Infineon F7995? when I disconnected the white connection to the tank i also noticed from the back flow of a little of the fluid the tank appear not down to its last 0.5litres, seems almost half full. So I'm thinking it not empty at all and the previous owners or garage must of not reset the counter?

Kind regards
321dave

Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club