C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

RT-don't know?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Leobx16v   
Sat Apr 11 2015, 01:08pm
Member No: #2090
Right where do I start! I have a 2006 exclusive When I bought the car the woman I bought it off said she updated the radio and she handed me an update disc which she did it with.
It say cd software 8.31 navidrive 8.x rt5 and navi drive 7.x and rt4 7.x.
I assume this was a bad decision to install this because mine will probably an RT3 it has a six cd changer. The sat nav half works and in lexia there is no communication with the radio and the screen this is probably because the communication protocol will have changed? If someone can check via vin what I have that would be great! Do the head units all look the same aswell?
This is mine

The VIN is: vf7tduhzj78006907
chillmax   
Sat Apr 11 2015, 02:08pm
Member No: #1648
Personally Leo, if you have a 'good' main dealer nearby, they vary so much, I'd go in there & get them to tell you what's going on - get a straight, simple answer, then try and start again!!

I think over the next few years, we all have to work out a way of redoing the whole ICE setup, but that retains the dash as is & hopefully the HUD. It's OK if you're not fussy but I want more from it & integration for phones etc. Anyone already looking at this??

Cheers JJ
Website
C6Dave   
Sat Apr 11 2015, 04:17pm

Member No: #1
Yes it would be a bad decision to apply those software discs as from your Vin you have RT3 fitted from the factory
Website
Tjensen   
Sat Apr 11 2015, 05:54pm
Member No: #954
Fortunately, Citroen has made and keep individual files on our C6s ?
C6Dave   
Sun Apr 12 2015, 06:38am

Member No: #1
Tjensen wrote ...

Fortunately, Citroen has made and keep individual files on our C6s ?

Not exactly, you can get the factory build specification including build dates, 1st registration by using the 'Characteristics' function. Citroen also keep Recall data.

Some dealers keep service records.
Website
Trainman   
Sun Apr 12 2015, 10:17am

Member No: #86
Leo,

RT3 if it has the CD changer, the Disc you have is for an RT4 and won't work as it's completely different software, think Apple and Windows........

The latest version for the RT3 software is 5.** I may have a disc here somewhere, but I will need to look.......
Leobx16v   
Sun Apr 12 2015, 02:08pm
If you could that would be great
m3mpower   
Mon Apr 13 2015, 08:42pm
Member No: #662
Leobx16v wrote ...

The sat nav half works and in lexia there is no communication with the radio and the screen

Hi
Could you give more details on the fault? what do you mean it is half working?
Also, what is the current version on the system ?

Website
Leobx16v   
Tue Apr 14 2015, 09:13pm
right it is an rt3 i took it out today and it was updated by the previous owner with an rt4 rt5 update disc so im pretty sure with the right update and an up to date sat nav disc it should all go back to normal fingers crossed! cheers for all your help thus far.

and basically the fault on it is the sat nav knows where i am just not where i want to go and some of the settings in configuration are not accessable.
m3mpower   
Tue Apr 14 2015, 09:20pm
Member No: #662
Leobx16v wrote ...

right it is an rt3 i took it out today and it was updated by the previous owner with an rt4 rt5 update disc so im pretty sure with the right update and an up to date sat nav disc it should all go back to normal fingers crossed! cheers for all your help thus far.

and basically the fault on it is the sat nav knows where i am just not where i want to go and some of the settings in configuration are not accessable.

Hi
If it´s an RT3 and was updated with RT4 software, it would not be working at all.
It knows where you are, so i presume the GPS works, and it doesn´t know where you want to go, what do you mean by that?
What is the software version ?
How many satellites does it pick up?
What is the version of the maps you are using ?
Website
magicands   
Wed Apr 15 2015, 11:18am
Member No: #1021
I have the latest RT3 update disc if its any good to you?
Website
321dave   
Wed Apr 15 2015, 01:29pm
Member No: #614
magicands wrote ...

I have the latest RT3 update disc if its any good to you?

Hi Magicands,
would you have a more up to date graphic design for the display as well? I've seen more modern design on on the 3.0hdi Main screens? just wondering can that cleaner graphic display be put on the RT3 which i have as well.

kind regards
321dave
Trainman   
Wed Apr 15 2015, 01:32pm

Member No: #86
The simple answer is no, there is only the one graphic on the RT3, which is a 2D view, RT4 has a 2D and 3D option, the later RT5, has a different one again.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club