10 Years of the Citroen C6

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Mon Jan 20 2014, 02:08pm

Member No: #1
For Information:

March 2015 it will be 10 years since Citroen C6 was launched at the Salon de Genève.

Looking forward to this date, we came up with the idea to mark this anniversary by inviting Citroen C6 drivers to meet and visit the Salon Genève March 5-15th 2015.

We are sure that a reception for the C6 drivers at the stand of CITROEN can be organized.

What kind of program elements could be made furthermore will depend also of the amount of people that can be expected.

Therefore we kindly ask you to indicate to us, whether you think this celebration would be welcomed by you.

We will also try to get responses from the English and French C6 drivers organized through their own groups.

Please let us hear your opinion.

Website
BruceB   
Wed Jan 22 2014, 12:10pm
Member No: #234
Do we really think that Citroen would want to be reminded of their catastrophic investment in such a complex and low-selling model? It was reluctantly produced at Chirac's prompting, for which we here must all be grateful, but it was almost certainly an expensive distraction for the company. I have a horrible feeling that for C6 owners to turn up in force at the Geneva Motor Show would be a bit ... Banquo's ghost!

ChrisHunter   
Wed Jan 22 2014, 08:24pm
Member No: #188
would love to know the inside story - my feeling is that they had good people on the team & a brief to include things from the past, so got more than a few old-hands in to help - and it sort-of worked, with old hands not getting all their input across, particularly on the fundamentals, new hands being well-practiced at getting all the secondary stuff done well ...

to me, the 'C6 is a slightly compromised CX hugely improved ...
smihaialex   
Thu Jan 23 2014, 10:16am
Member No: #1031
Come on!

1. it would be a great experience, and we could turn it into a mini-vacation (it's not worth driving all that way just to visit the show 1 day and return home the next, but if we spend a couple more days there, it would most definitely be worth it... we could even do a parade around town and other interesting stuff).

2. regardless of the commercial flop in terms of deceiving their sales expectations, I don't think anyone over at Citroen has anything but love and admiration for what most likely will be remembered as the last of the great Citroens (I doubt that the current DS line will ever feature a hydraulic-suspension limousine with a design reminiscent of the DS, SM and CX, like the C6 has, their new design philosophy is very German-Japanese).

3. it would be sooo much fun to see all those C6s together, and the faces of the ppl while we occupy the Geneva Motor Show

I personally will definitely consider it, do some research and start planning it right away, in order to see what the cost would be and how much time would I need, and if the math is right, I will post here my RSVP.

What do you say?!?

Cheerios,
Sam
jacktherev   
Sat Jan 25 2014, 04:13pm
Member No: #1423
Sam I think you've got the right idea that its more than a one day visit. Perhaps camping? Hotel? B&B? I'll look forward to what your research throws up. The jury is still out on me going but wouldn't take much to persuade me to.
Tjensen   
Sat Feb 22 2014, 11:55am
Member No: #954
What is the problem with Citroen ? Other factories would squeeze everything out the greatness of such a car (like "WE only made 20 000. Perfection and beauty without compromise is expensive and difficult in our world. But you can all enjoy the fruits of the develompment") They are not proud of their own history and are not using their progress and innovation.
jacktherev   
Sat Feb 22 2014, 08:50pm
Member No: #1423
well said Tjensen I totally agree with you thoughts.
Mike H   
Tue Sep 23 2014, 02:43pm
Member No: #53
Great idea.
Buy one on Ebay UK
Fly in from Aus...
Jump in....
Drive to France...
Too easy
Thinking....."........
Mike
CitroenMan   
Fri Oct 17 2014, 07:49pm
Member No: #1622
Just a quick message - What happened to this idea? Has any more planning been carried out?

Regards,
Trainman   
Fri Oct 17 2014, 07:54pm

Member No: #86
Not as yet, I've just written the column for next month, asking what peoples thoughts are?

There are various options, a one day event, a weekend, where to hold it.....
BruceB   
Sun Oct 19 2014, 05:02pm
Member No: #234
Mike H wrote ...

Great idea.
Buy one on Ebay UK
Fly in from Aus...
Jump in....
Drive to France...
Too easy
Thinking....."........
Mike

Don't be silly. Buy on eBay France or Germany. The wheel will be on the right (that is to say: left) side.
Kerdevan   
Wed Nov 12 2014, 06:18pm
Member No: #984
Oh yeah definitely interested, same as everyone else though I would need to check out costs. Put me down as a probable.
Trainman   
Thu Mar 12 2015, 08:46pm

Just to give you an update, we have a provisional dates 15th and 16th August the event will be in the midlands, more information once things have been firmed up...... so those of you that need to book time off, start filling your forms in.....

I will start a New thread once things are confirmed.
David Hallworth   
Thu Mar 12 2015, 09:30pm

Member No: #90
Looking forward to this already
Trainman   
Sat Mar 14 2015, 07:26am

An event page has been created - Click Here -
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club