C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: Members Get Togethers and Events

10th Birthday Bash

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Sun Aug 16 2015, 07:00pm

Member No: #1
Great venue Steve and a big thank you and David for arranging it all.

BTW you were right about the M6 Northbound on a Sunday, nightmare.
Website
FreakyFrenchFan   
Sun Aug 16 2015, 07:00pm
Member No: #2057
Thank you Steve and David for organising this event. I had a thoroughly enjoyable day. Great location geographically and the venue itself is impressive. Nice to meet all the fellow C6 owners. Just wish I'd attended on Saturday and seen the 29!! Love the event hoody. Thanks also to the guy from Japan for his little momentos and the guy selling the 10th anniversary window stickers. Got some nice pics of the event that I'll post soon.
smorphet   
Sun Aug 16 2015, 07:26pm
Member No: #88
Just got home after a superb weekend. Thanks to Steve and David, and everyone else who turned up to help make the event such a success. It was great to see so many cars and to meet their owners.

I did see a blue CX with bonnet up and RAC in attendance, beside the M40 southbound near Bicester. I hope it wasn't one of us!

Steve.
FreakyFrenchFan   
Sun Aug 16 2015, 08:17pm
Now we should start thinking ahead to next year and a possible trip to the Conservatoire. See my dedicated thread on this subject.
FreakyFrenchFan   
Sun Aug 16 2015, 08:29pm
A couple of pics.

FreakyFrenchFan   
Sun Aug 16 2015, 08:35pm
An icons evolution crossing time.

e3steve   
Mon Aug 17 2015, 06:34am
Member No: #1163
Really enjoyable weekend, Steve & David; thank you both for all the effort you put into making a great venue fantastic!

It was lovely to meet up with everyone and to be able to put faces & voices to names.

Thoroughly enjoyed it!
Norman   
Mon Aug 17 2015, 07:57am
Member No: #364
Looks like it was a great day I wish I could have been there but it's a long way from Torre del Mar in southern Spain perhaps next year if she doesn't drag me off again.
Trainman   
Mon Aug 17 2015, 08:33am

Member No: #86
Thank you for your kind comments, we've just finished packing up. The thanks really go to you lot for coming. You made it the success it was.

Norman, your quite local compared to some that came...... so no excuse next time..... unless you're coming from further that Japan.

I'm going to start a new thread for feedback when I get home.
cruiserphil   
Mon Aug 17 2015, 08:19pm

Member No: #38
Great job, Steve and David,

It was great to meet other forum members, see so many cars assembled and have a yap. The location was great AND you delivered on the weather. Sue and myself really enjoyed the weekend as a bit of a getaway also. Thanks as well for organising the hoodies. I was allowed have 2!!

Best regards,

Phil C.
Trainman   
Mon Sep 21 2015, 02:47pm

Right folks, the second batch of Hoodies have arrived, Either myself or David Hallworth will be in touch with the people who have placed orders over the next few days, so please watch your inbox.
Hattershaun   
Mon Sep 21 2015, 08:26pm
Member No: #320
I collected mine on Saturday, thank you very much.
David Hallworth   
Mon Sep 21 2015, 10:53pm

Member No: #90
Alternatively, if you have ordered one, feel free to PM me with your name and address along with what size and colour you ordered if you can remember!

I'll reply with payment details.

The box is sitting here waiting to be posted. I've ordered mail bags to send them out in and will be getting them posted out as soon as possible.

Price of the hoodies is £20, and I'm afraid we're having to add £5 to the cost of these to cover the costs of postage & packaging, so total cost is working out at £25 each.

Thanks

David.
Bishop   
Tue Sep 22 2015, 02:49pm
Member No: #868
Hi Freaky French Fan, that's a great picture of the 4 generations of big, oleo-pneumatic Citroens. Actually, it's the first time I have seen a photo of those four cars depicted together in real life!

I have two main observations:

- the C6 looks huge, and a little like a caricature of the CX;
- the XM looks fantastic! It's very much of its time, but a real progression of what went before, whereas the C6 - whilst it's a very attractive, glamorous car, which I love to bits - is almost retro, a bit like the BMW Mini, or (taking his life in his hands) "New" VW Beetle.

Great picture, thanks for posting it.
Trainman   
Tue Sep 22 2015, 03:07pm

I took some pictures of a similar line up last year at the CCC National Rally

If you want to view more, then - Click Here -
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club