Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

[moved] Part Number for a Multifunction screen

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
lefrog   
Wed Feb 25 2015, 04:50am
Member No: #1783
Keeping alive a C6 in this great land of Australia is sometimes a challenge! I need a little help to sort out my local Garage. I might have to replace the multifunction screen on my C6 as it goes on and off ( but no pixelation) V.I.N - VF7TGUHZJ78000729.

The confusion is about the fact that the screen can change colour, but otherwise is monochrome ( my opinion ). Another is that it is a coloured screen, but if this is the case, it would mean that it could display all colours at the same time....

The part number that I have been given is 6593N7. Is this correct ? Which kind of screen is it ? Any ideas of the cost for one in the UK? and is it interchangeable with any Peugeot one ?

With thanks
C6Dave   
Wed Feb 25 2015, 09:16am

Member No: #1
You have appear to have entered the Vin incorrectly as it's 'not found' on the parts system.

However there are various other part numbers depending on the cars Build Date ( RPO) and which actual system you have i.e. Navidrive or not

6593 N7 costs £883.53 inc Vat (retail) here in the Uk so you could get it for £736.32 outside of the EU

There are threads on failing screens on site already (somewhere)and a Pug one should work as well, probably a 407 one so have a look on eBay etc.

(click the image to enlarge)

Website
lefrog   
Wed Feb 25 2015, 10:20pm
Many thanks for your research. The VIN is VF7TDUHZJ78000729 on the car. I was going by a handwritten # on the service book, Sorry!
It is a 2.7l HDI grey fulminator.
I will try a 407 screen and see if it works. I will also do another search on this site for previous postings.
Thank you once again.
lefrog   
Thu Feb 26 2015, 01:14am
I have been told that the unit needs to be re-programed when installed. Obviously it is not just a plug-in affair.
Has any one tried to install a 407 monochrome screen in a C6?
Also is part 6593N7 a monochrome or colour screen? Citroen is only listing this, which looking at the price, must be an upgrade for GPS display. Is a monochrome screen still available in the UK?
The 407 mono screen is worth here about 400 Euros.
The Peugeot part is 659349. Is a cross reference possible?
With some down-under thanks
C6Dave   
Thu Feb 26 2015, 09:30am

Member No: #1
The correct Vin does help - your car was built 07/11/2005 and was first registered for road use 30/11/2006 so it stood around for a year like most other C6's of the period.

Your car does not have factory fit Sat Nav but "RD4/MP3" RDS COMPACT DISC AUDIO SYSTEM therefore you have the smaller 'screen 2' - this is colour, but does not use all colours at once.

Basically you should be able to select from a small menu of blue, red, grey etc. to suit your taste from screen 6593 N8

Pug and Citroen share parts and part numbers so the Pug one is a different screen. You may find that the Pug one displays in Red (the one on our 207 did) - it may work OK, but untill you plug it in and try it...........

Oh and basically the 'programming' needs to be done via Lexia to the cars Vin.

However some components can only be programmed once but I don't know if that's the case with the screens.

Website
lefrog   
Thu Feb 26 2015, 09:56pm
Thank you so much for this great info. It has cleared a lot of unknowns. I owe you a beer or two, next time you are in Brisbane... Thank you.
patcrean406   
Sat Feb 28 2015, 01:49am
Member No: #1894
I reckon the 407 one is different. We have had a few 407s and screen was always different to c6
Kerdevan   
Fri Mar 13 2015, 08:12pm
Member No: #984
Hi, I also priced mine at around £700 + VAT and fitting extra by Arnold Clark (UK). Found a replacement on EBay (UK) at Darkangel the supplier in Wales. The display is monochrome orange but the display was programmed to show everything the C6 did. The cost was £60+£10 P&P. There are other suppliers eg - Click Here - make sure they have programmed it for dual Climate control for example. The old failing had white plastic backing (common failure, overheating)the new one brown backing and the plug was 90 degrees round from the original. It took me 20 minutes to swap them and it's been solid ever since. The only difference is the colour.
lefrog   
Mon Mar 16 2015, 12:08am
Can I ask you Kerdevan if you have a part number for that screen. Or at least a description ie 407/ C5. I assume that it is a 407 mono screen. If it is I will buy one and give it a go.
Thank you for your advice.
JimC   
Wed Jul 13 2016, 04:27pm
Member No: #229
I too have a faulty central screen (96609544ZD). It's mostly off but flashes on for a millisecond every so often.
I've been advised that the Pug screen won't work in a C6.
Is anyone able to contradict that?
JimC   
Fri Aug 26 2016, 12:55pm
Well, I bit the bullet and bought a C5 'orange' display unit which fits the space perfectly. The only issue is that while just about everything works, my 'menu' button doesn't!
I'm getting used to driving in the UK while reading kph on the speedo but the flashing clock and not being able to re-set my simultaneous aircon is beginning to get on my nerves.

Any known solution (other than buy the right part) ?
lefrog   
Fri Aug 26 2016, 11:16pm
Not sure what has happened to my response to Jim C....
As you probably know the screen needs to be programmed before it will have all its functions. This needs to be done with the right Citroen program. So maybe you will have to go to a dealer for this or maybe someone in the club will have access to it.
Trainman   
Sat Aug 27 2016, 04:10am

Member No: #86
Jim,

Depending on which area of Scotland, I wonder if it could be worth talking to DHallworth, He has access to Lexia. He is just outside Glasgow.
Cisco   
Sat Aug 27 2016, 07:19pm
Member No: #1429
Happy to look at it with Diagbox. I'm in Elderslie
JimC   
Sun Aug 28 2016, 10:32am
Thanks to all who've responded.
Hi Cisco... I'm just outside Stonehaven so a wee bit away from you. If I'm likely to be in Renfrewshire soon, I'll give you a shout.
My local Citroen guru's Lexia is U/S for the moment... hopefully not for too long and I'm willing to wait a while.
Can anyone give any hints to what the re-programming entails?
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club