Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Super Sticky

Back again with another C6... how to replace the blown airbags

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
gmerry   
Tue Feb 03 2015, 06:51pm
Member No: #21
If I'm driving around solo, should I switch off the passenger side airbag?

This seems to be the only super expensive casualty of a deployed airbag.

Regards
G
David Hallworth   
Tue Feb 03 2015, 07:14pm

Member No: #90
I certainly would

If that happens you can get the drivers one alone and get the ECU reset and you'll be back up and running!!

I keep the passengers one switched off on all of my cars if I'm in it on my own.

David.
David Hallworth   
Wed Feb 04 2015, 05:36pm

Well, after 30 minutes in the garage tonight the airbag replacement is finished

The piece of trim I was waiting for turned up so I got the N/S/R seat airbag replaced.

All of the airbags have gone back into place perfectly leaving no signs of them ever having been deployed The creases in the headlining have become less noticeable as well.

Unfortunately the airbag ECU hasn't come back from having it's crash data erased yet which is annoying as I could have put the centre console back in and have finished it tonight if it had. It's been posted though so it should hopefully be here tomorrow, fingers crossed anyway!

Until tomorrow...

David.
David Hallworth   
Fri Feb 06 2015, 11:17pm

No pictures today... However the airbag ECU came back from being reset so the interior was finished off. The centre console went back together without much fuss.

In fact I'm quite amazed at how easily everything came apart and went back together.

I did have one small problem, when I started the car the airbag warning came on the dashboard. I didn't think much of it as I thought it'd probably need the codes clearing. When plugging the Lexia in I got a fault "LH Side Curtain Airbag Igniter Open Circuit". I took the pillar trim off and found that I'd connected the earth spade terminal to the airbag but I'd left the main plug off.

I disconnected the battery, left it 10 minutes, connected the airbag, reconnected the battery and everything was fine.

I'll get some decent pictures of the car on Sunday as I'm going to Welwyn Garden City for the day tomorrow.

David.
David Hallworth   
Sun Feb 15 2015, 11:40pm

Well the C6 is now back on 4 alloys, one of the tyre valves needs replacing as the front O/S one isn't working at all and is flagging an error code.

I've ordered a refurb kit from eBay to rebuild the front N/S as the valve on it looks like it's ready to fail any minute. The rears looks fairly new and in good condition.

Hoping to get it through an MOT tomorrow or Tuesday

David.
David Hallworth   
Mon Feb 16 2015, 06:44pm

Well that's the C6 finished... It passed it's MOT today with flying colours, not even an advisory!

I've taxed it this afternoon, and have taken it for a run to put some Diesel in it. One problem I found is that the fuel pump cuts off all the time for some reason which makes putting fuel in it a very slow and laborious process. It certainly does drive very well indeed.

David.
C6Dave   
Mon Feb 16 2015, 06:58pm

Member No: #1
David Hallworth wrote ...

One problem I found is that the fuel pump cuts off all the time for some reason which makes putting fuel in it a very slow and laborious process.

Trying slowly squeezing the pump handle to start the flow and it should then continue.

Pressing it to full flow could be causing back pressure to trip the pump. Doesn't happen all the time and varies from pump to pump in my experience.
Website
Norman   
Tue Feb 17 2015, 10:12am
Member No: #364
I have no problem when filling up at asda pop the nozzle in and squeeze slowly until full I only had that when I did it quickly.

Norman
Trainman   
Tue Feb 17 2015, 12:03pm

Member No: #86
I'm possibly heading up to David's on Thursday for another look at this, I can't wait to get a good look at the work that's been done......

I was going to take the train, but SWMBO gave me strict instructions not to come back with another car.......
David Hallworth   
Tue Feb 17 2015, 05:11pm

Well the tracking was checked on the car today. It never pulled to the side and always went in a straight line but the steering wheel wasn't centred which really irked me when I drove it.

It was checked and reset locally today and it has transformed the car. It feels like a different car in fact. They confirmed whilst they looked at it that everything under there is straight as well. So that's 3 people who have checked everything over under it now and confirmed that nothing is damaged underneath.

So... that draws this project to and end and I've got a cracking C6 out of it! Need to find something else to keep me amused now!

David.
Cisco   
Tue Feb 17 2015, 08:41pm
Member No: #1429
David,

Who did you use to set your geo in Glasgow?

Best regards,

Frank
David Hallworth   
Tue Feb 17 2015, 08:44pm

I used McConechy's in Paisley to do the tracking.

Have used them several times and they've always done a good job

David.
Cisco   
Thu Feb 19 2015, 05:26pm
Member No: #1429
Thanks David,

I'm in Elderslie btw, if I can help with anything C6 related just pm me.

ATB

Frank
David Hallworth   
Thu Feb 19 2015, 08:34pm

Ahh! You're not that far away then. I'm in Langbank.

Shame I didn't realise you were so local, Steve (Trainman) was visiting today from Preston in his C6...

My C6's wheels were dropped off this afternoon to be refurbished.

They're getting blasted, powder coated and baked in the oven. I'll have them back tomorrow evening

Can't wait to see them when they're done, it'll look fantastic. In the meantime, it's a *proper* floating Citroen...

David.
David Hallworth   
Fri Feb 20 2015, 10:54pm

Well the wheels for the C6 came back today after being refurb'd. The results are spectacular...

The pictures aren't the best because it's in the workshop with the sodium lights. I'll get some better ones after the car has been machine polished on Monday

David.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club