Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

Was Breaking a 2.2 Linage, it's back on the road

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Trainman   
Mon Jan 19 2015, 12:07pm

Member No: #86
Morning all,

We have a 2.2 Lignage that has become available for breaking, this will be done over the next 2 weeks or so. The car has sustained some front end damage (I suspect that it was the one the C6Paul has had written off - Click Here - )

The plan is to salvage as much as possible, and to let members have as much as possible before putting the rest to the open market (The advertisement is only on C6 Owners and Citroen Car Club, although the engine and box will be advertised on a couple of other forums). The strip down won't begin until next week, so now is the time to make a list of things you would like and let us know.

This is the NON -Lounge Pack model although the seats are 'Vitali' Black Leather. The colour of the car is 'Storm Grey'

If would like anything then please contact me, so I can build a list, Parts will be sold on a first come, first served basis......
robthewad   
Wed Jan 21 2015, 04:22pm
Member No: #157
HI Trainman
I would be interested in the boot gas struts as mine no longer do the job and replacement might be easiest option.

Also if any of the wheels are not kerbed or damaged I would take 2 as mine unfortunately have some scuffs.

Cheers
Robthewead
Norman   
Thu Jan 22 2015, 08:53am
Member No: #364
Hi Steve,
I would like the underbonnet lid for the fuse box as mine has the clip nearest the scuttle has broken also the drivers door bin cover as mine will not stay down, and a price for the nearside headlight as the bottom fixing lug is broken, citroen have replaced both the headlight bulbs and it seems to have cured the diffused light output from the nearside light I will be able to check tonight when the snow has gone.

Norman
Norman   
Fri Jan 23 2015, 11:34am
Both headlights back to normal both dip and main £340 to fix and setup

Norman
Trainman   
Fri Jan 23 2015, 11:44am

Rob,

Not a problem, will check what they are like and let you know.....

Norman,

Good news on the headlights, I will put you down for the fuse box cover....

I've got A list if things people would like, so I will cobble the list together later and see where we are.
rd27   
Fri Jan 23 2015, 03:10pm
Member No: #2029
Hi, I would be interested in the NSF window motor & black ecu connected to it. Is this available and how much would this be?
Trainman   
Sat Jan 24 2015, 02:37am

I'll them to the list Ryan.
Norman   
Sat Jan 24 2015, 10:16am
And the drivers door bin mine won't stay down
Trainman   
Sun Jan 25 2015, 12:12pm

Here is the current list of bits people have shown an interest in

Engine fuse box lid and drivers door bin
Steering wheel buttons (cruise control, etc)
Boot gas struts, wheels are not kerbed or damaged I would take 2
NSF window motor & black ECU connected to it

Rear Tail light(s)

Front and Rear Bumpers

I haven't responded with prices at the moment or the condition as there is a possiblity that the car could be restored, I will know more on Monday or Tuesday and will respond to the individuals then......
David Hallworth   
Tue Jan 27 2015, 01:08pm

Member No: #90
Right chaps...

It's me that bought this car and spoke to Steve about it after buying it...

I'm sorry to disappoint any of you who had a shopping list of C6 parts that you were looking for.

This car was delivered to me yesterday, the spare wheel was put on and the car was driven around the farm. There's no suspension damage that I can see (will be getting it checked as well to be safe) and everything looks good.

I've sourced all of the airbags for the car and am waiting for them to be delivered. The car will see the road again in the next few weeks!

It's reminded me how nice a car the C6 is and that I do want to keep one on the driveway. All that remains to be seen is how I get on with the 2.2 having owned a 2.7 previously.

David.
Norman   
Wed Jan 28 2015, 11:15am
Well done David shame about the spares but there will be another one sometime, you will like the 2.2 keep us informed as to where you ordered the air bags from and how much they cost.

Norman
speedfix   
Wed Jan 28 2015, 11:12pm
Member No: #1043
David great, I'm sure you will enjoy the manual 6 speed gearbox with the 2.2 economy ,can get up and go when you need it to.
The road fund tax is another benefit.
Worth checking the FRIP joints and adding greasers if OK.
Happy days.
David Hallworth   
Wed Jan 28 2015, 11:17pm

Member No: #90
I've had a 2007 2.7 Exclusive before, I bought it when it was 2.5 years old and was very fond of it, the engine and box were superbly smooth which is one thing that impressed me so the 2.2 has got big boots to fill!

All of the airbags have been sourced and some of them should start arriving tomorrow hopefully. I've read that the front seat airbags are a nightmare to change so I've decided not to fit the ones I've bought but to change the front seats.

If anybody wants two immaculate front seats in black Vitali leather that the airbags have gone off on then let me know!

David.
APG1959   
Thu Apr 09 2015, 12:22pm
Member No: #1034
Is there a near-side front suspension leg available?
Trainman   
Thu Apr 09 2015, 06:57pm

The car has been restored to its former glory and is back on the road with a new owner

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club