Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Potential sale - Not!

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Rog   
Mon Sep 08 2014, 10:54am
Hi all
Unfortunately after eventually finding my perfect car, a change in relationship status is going to force me to sell.
I'm therefore posting here first as that would be my preference that it goes to someone on here/looking for one.
Year and colour is as below, 110,000 miles. Just been serviced, new back brakes and n/s/f shock. New wishbones 3 months ago. New frip joints 4 months ago. New thermostat housing approx 1 year ago. New front discs and pads 13 months ago.
8 months MOT. It is an RT3 system, but I purchased original Citroen USB box which I will leave with car. The original 6 disc player is still in situ and can be reconnected if preferred.
Only downside is last month when in france I managed to find a low level concrete bollard in a car park and scraped corner of front bumper, and lost the headlight washer cover
Been looking at auto trader prices, so taking into account mileage and aforementioned bumper guess I'm looking for around £5300, but willing to listen to offers.
Please reply or pm me if any interest.
Thanks

Rog

Rog   
Mon Sep 08 2014, 02:43pm
.....seen some others....5300 may be a bit optimistic! As I said open to offers
e3steve   
Sat Sep 13 2014, 12:54pm
Member No: #1163
Is it VED Band K or L? Mine's K (March-April '06) and is only £285/pa instead of £485 for band L.

If the former it's probably worth your asking price. Don't mug it away unless you're desperate to move it on.....
BillTodd   
Sat Sep 13 2014, 10:06pm
Member No: #1775
Where abouts in essex are you Rog?

Bill (in colchester)
Rog   
Sun Sep 14 2014, 01:53pm
e3steve wrote ...

Is it VED Band K or L? Mine's K (March-April '06) and is only £285/pa instead of £485 for band L.

If the former it's probably worth your asking price. Don't mug it away unless you're desperate to move it on.....

Well i didn't realise there were different bands, what determines that? I've just paid over 200 for 6 months, so guessing mines 'L'. Thanks for the reply Steve
Rog   
Sun Sep 14 2014, 01:59pm
BillTodd wrote ...

Where abouts in essex are you Rog?

Bill (in colchester)

In Billericay Bill
khalidf   
Sun Sep 28 2014, 11:23pm
Member No: #1883
Is the car still for sale
Rog   
Sat Oct 18 2014, 09:54pm
Will be fleabaying it shortly, starting around £4600 - no interest?
Rog   
Fri Nov 14 2014, 10:43am
Well, sadly she will be going on Sunday. Had absolutely no interest at 4400 or 4000 as you might have seen, went for 3800 in the end. Have enjoyed every moment of having her, and being part of this site. I will point the new owner in your direction. Thanks for all your help and advice.
Only plus side is have picked up a 3.5 V6 petrol Vel Satis with only 65000 miles, so looking forward to that.
Rog   
Fri Nov 14 2014, 10:48am
Incidentally, does anyone have a spare cd cartridge, can't seem to find mine
BillTodd   
Fri Nov 14 2014, 05:29pm
Member No: #1775
Someone got a bargain there Rog. That was and hopefully will be agian, a well loved car

Thanks for letting me drive it

Bill
Trainman   
Sat Nov 15 2014, 09:37am

Member No: #86
Rog wrote ...

Incidentally, does anyone have a spare cd cartridge, can't seem to find mine

Yes I've got one you can have, took it out of my old one when it was written off, drop me a PM with your address and I'll stick it in the post...
Bishop   
Mon Nov 17 2014, 09:29am
Member No: #868
Wow - someone has bought a bargain! Enjoy the Vel Satis - let us know how you like and get on with it!
Rog   
Tue Nov 18 2014, 11:15am
Well believe it or not he didn't have it. Said it had a misfire. I had the depollutiion alarm a couple of months ago, and from reading posts here started using bp ultimate. Alarm cleared after a couple of days and mpg improved . Re read a few more posts now and seems to suggest egr valve given the rpm it happens at. I had not noticed it tbh but under normal acceleration not evident.
So........£3500 plus a can of egr cleaner anyone?
moo369   
Fri Jan 02 2015, 01:30pm
Member No: #1999
e3steve wrote ...

Is that still the case, do you know? I'm currently looking into buying a C6, and the .gov website suggests band L for cars registered March or April...

http://carfueldata.dft.gov.uk/new-vehicle-tax.aspx

Or can you appeal against the decision, like you can with council tax rates bands?
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club