Howdy from a n00b

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ul9601   
Sun Dec 14 2014, 04:23am
Member No: #1975
Hi all,
I've come across reference to this forum from frenchcarforum.co.uk.
I have a 2001 C5 exclusive and previously owned a series 2 CX.
I've been considering a replacement for c5 as it's getting on a bit and newer c5's are pretty pricey it seems.
So I'm opening my option to c6 as well.
The website resources seem pretty comprehensive so it'll be a lot of help.
Cheers,
Sam
BruceB   
Sun Dec 14 2014, 10:08am
Member No: #234
ul9601 wrote ...
So I'm opening my option to c6 as well.
The website resources seem pretty comprehensive so it'll be a lot of help.

Welcome. I found c6owners.org immensely useful in the long period between deciding on a C6 and eventually buying one.
Trainman   
Mon Dec 15 2014, 02:43am

Member No: #86
Hi Sam, there are a couple of your fellow countrymen on here as well as as a couple of Aussies, so let us know what you need and I'm sure we'll be able to help out....
ul9601   
Mon Dec 15 2014, 07:42am
I guess I just need to have a few rides first - there are a couple on TradeMe here (NZ's equivalent to eBay, as there is no eBay presence here), so I'll have to check them out and make sure I don't buy the first one!!!
C6Dave   
Mon Dec 15 2014, 09:03am

Member No: #1
Make sure that they are already registered for use in NZ as the import rules changed so that the cars had to be Euro4 spec engines minimum. If they missed the import deadline, then your unlikely to be able to get one on the road.

BTW you are member 10 from NZ so hopefully someone will spot your post and be able to help.
Website
auntieflo   
Fri Dec 26 2014, 08:03am
Member No: #982
Sam, Sorry if you get this twice. I hit post and my message disappeared. Second time lucky: What model and colour combo are you looking for?

I try to keep track of most NZ C6s (or their owners) as there aren't many. You wouldn't regret buying one. The C6 is a true 21st century car.

We have 15 other models in the family at present and it is the stand-out flagship. So comfortable, well built, well equipped and effortless to drive.

My fiancee, who is just 5 feet tall and very hard to please, frequently sneaks off with it. Importing from the UK (which is what I did two years ago) is excellent value for money. I'm intrigued by C6 Dave's comment about a change to the import regs. This has been rumoured for some time but I hadn't heard that it has happened.

I have a dealer friend importing a 2008 3 litre petrol Exclusive from Singapore at present and am not aware of any regulatory issue. If you'd be happy with a Series 3 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive, the silver 2008 one just listed on TM in Dunedin is a superb car. It was bought new by my car groomer's in-laws and he has looked after it fastidiously. let me know if I can help you.
C6Dave   
Fri Dec 26 2014, 08:29am

auntieflo wrote ...

I'm intrigued by C6 Dave's comment about a change to the import regs. This has been rumoured for some time but I hadn't heard that it has happened.

It came from an NZ site member, but maybe it was just a rumour, but you would need to check that out.
Website
ul9601   
Sun Dec 28 2014, 04:34am
auntieflo wrote ...

Sam, Sorry if you get this twice. I hit post and my message disappeared. Second time lucky: What model and colour combo are you looking for?

I try to keep track of most NZ C6s (or their owners) as there aren't many. You wouldn't regret buying one. The C6 is a true 21st century car.

We have 15 other models in the family at present and it is the stand-out flagship. So comfortable, well built, well equipped and effortless to drive.

My fiancee, who is just 5 feet tall and very hard to please, frequently sneaks off with it. Importing from the UK (which is what I did two years ago) is excellent value for money. I'm intrigued by C6 Dave's comment about a change to the import regs. This has been rumoured for some time but I hadn't heard that it has happened.

I have a dealer friend importing a 2008 3 litre petrol Exclusive from Singapore at present and am not aware of any regulatory issue. If you'd be happy with a Series 3 C5 2.7 HDi Exclusive, the silver 2008 one just listed on TM in Dunedin is a superb car. It was bought new by my car groomer's in-laws and he has looked after it fastidiously. let me know if I can help you.

Hi there.
Still doing the research on the specs but 2.7HDi auto exclusive without lounge pack, or something along the line of that.
Not too fussed with the colour but obviously black would be great - after all, I grew to enjoy rouge lucifer on my c5, so...
Importing from UK definitely seems like an option - can't say I'm not apprehensive about corrosion due to road salt...
Cheers,
Sam
auntieflo   
Mon Jan 05 2015, 03:32am
Member No: #982
Sam, mine is black with cream leather - a fabulous combo. As long as it had the cream leather I reckon Nova green is excellent, and Storm Grey. On the lighter end of the spectrum, the sandy gold colour (mativiore) is surprisingly pleasing. There is one of those in the BoP. I doubt you need to worry about the UK salt issue. Mine was imported at 4 years old and was spotless. I have yet to hear of any C6 in NZ, imported or NZ-new, to have any problem with surface corrosion. Happy to continue discussion off-line if that's appropriate. My email address is in my profile on this site. I keep track of second hand UK cars using Trovit and can send you a link to all currently available C6s. Most NZ-new ones have been sold through Gazleys in Wellington, Jeff Edwards there is well worth talking to as to what might be about.
ul9601   
Mon Jan 05 2015, 09:05am
Thanks - I'll get in touch soon-ish via email. I have a few dramas that I'll have to sort out first.
Finished reading the owners' handbook (earlier model) - very similar to C5, a lot of features are kind of similar as well (but better, I guess).
Cream leather interior is the way to go, yes!
C6Dave   
Mon Jan 05 2015, 10:49am

ul9601 wrote ...

Cream leather interior is the way to go, yes!

Personally, I far preferred the lighter Cream interior to the Black on the Exclusives. Yes it takes more looking after but the car feels far lighter and spacious than black.

On Lignage models the standard part leather/part cloth in Grey is not a bad compromise

Best thing to do though is try and find one of each to sit in to see how they compare
Website
gmerry   
Mon Jan 05 2015, 03:41pm
Member No: #21
Hi, if considering a Lignage rather than Exclusive, note that many were specified by the Dealers with Full Leather and JBL sound system. The Full Leather option had memeory seats and heated seats Back and Front.

Very little difference compared to Exclusive in this case except.

A/ Lacquer rather than Mock Wood (dash and door bins). Citroen called the wood Mukonto: no such tree species, rather I think they mean Mockonto

B/ Fixed backrest and rear seats which gives larger boot and ability to split fold the rear seats

C/ No Lane departure warning (this feature would be a waste of time in NZ)

D/ Manual adjustment of the steering wheel angle (manual adjustment is handy because this can be used to wake up the cruise control)

I live in Scotland = salty winter roads and can vouch for corrosion affecting some suspension components and the front subframe behind the bumper. The rest of the car is well protected.

Regards
G
ul9601   
Fri Mar 27 2015, 08:27am
i've been casually looking at trovit and it's kinda overwhelming how many cars are available in uk compared to here in nz.
anyway, a question - is c6 dual zone a/c really "dual zone"? i ask this because i found that my c5 just went nuts and started blowing hot on pax side and cold on drivers side - as i was carrying a passenger unfortunately i had to turn it off and wind the windows down instead. if it was a true dual zone, i.e. independent temperature control as well as fan and flap positions, i would have been ok.
i'm reading up on some thread at fcf on how to fix it, it might be a bit of a tricky one by the looks of it...
C6Dave   
Fri Mar 27 2015, 03:27pm

It is 'limted' dual zone as you can't set the temperature at more than circa 3c for any real difference and it's only got 1 blower fan
Website
ul9601   
Fri Mar 27 2015, 06:58pm
C6Dave wrote ...

It is 'limted' dual zone as you can't set the temperature at more than circa 3c for any real difference and it's only got 1 blower fan

OK thanks - a tad disappointing for a top of the line car... =(
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club