Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Super Sticky

Shock Repair including AMVAR by Nagengast in Poland

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
gmerry   
Tue Nov 25 2014, 05:26pm
Member No: #21
Hi all, attached is the detailed reply to the questions asked regarding the shock repair service offered by Nagengast in Gdansk Poland.

Not having used this service I can't personally recommend but they look sound.

Regards
G

e mail: e mail icon

Thank you for your enquiry and sorry for late reply but I was travelling.
Please find below answers to your questions:

1/ How many of these C6 AMVAR dampers have you repaired

We have repaired around 100 of shock absorbers to C5, C6 for Polish customers and around 15 units of C6 AMVAR. The repair of C5,C6 and C6 AMVAR is practically the same.

2/ Is it possible to repair a leaking strut, how long will the repair last., is it a matter of replacing seals or does the sliding surface need to be replated and polished.

Yes it is possible. The repair lasts around 3 working days. It is a matter of replacing seals and/or replacing or polishing of sliding surface and/or replacing the rod.

3/ How do you achieve internal fluid cleanliness, do you work to any international particle counting standards

I don’t understand your question. Could you please explain.

4/ what is a typical repair turnaround time for a strut posted from the UK
The repair lasts about 2-3 days. The shipping to UK lasts around 3-4 days with DPD courier.

5/ Do you replace the mounting foam at the top of the shock

No, we don’t replace the mounting foam as there is no need to do that. We have never experienced any damages in this part in the restored shocks.

6 Do you have a standard repair cost for a leaking hydraulic strut.

The price is 150 Euro per unit. You receive 1 year warranty.

You are welcome to post our answers on the Citroen C6 Owners dot Org forum.

Best regards / Mit besten Grüßen

Monika Nagengast

Tel. + 48 609 600 566
PUH NAGENGAST
ul. Malczewskiego 103
80-107 Gdańsk
POLAND

Tue Nov 25 2014, 07:20pm
Member No: #1043
I shall be replacing both of mine next year so will have two old units that are misting damp at the mo, not a prob at the moment but the gaitors on both have let go on the shock bottoms so will have two old units to send to them, they do seem to do a though job looking at the clip in the machine shop, maybe they can convert the units without having the amvar so I can have two spare ones for the 2.2 hdi.
cruiserphil   
Wed Nov 26 2014, 04:04pm

Member No: #38
Many thanks for that post G.

Best regards,

Phil C.
David Hallworth   
Thu Jul 09 2015, 05:52am

Member No: #90
Has anybody successfully used these chaps yet? I know someone with a C5 with a leaking strut and my C6 has a damp spot on the O/S front strut as well.

Thanks

David.
Kaloteck   
Sat Sep 26 2015, 07:01pm
Member No: #1271
gmerry wrote ...

3/ How do you achieve internal fluid cleanliness, do you work to any international particle counting standards

To them, that probably sounds like rocket science.
HiPOL   
Sun Jul 10 2016, 05:04pm
Member No: #2699
I repaired my shock absorbers in this company. Both are leaking again after less than 6 months. Conacted them and got information they improved repair procedure recenlty. They are putting additional sealing next to original, since original was not enough and they had some malfunction entries. I`ll send them my shock absorbers again and they should repair it within warranty.
HiPOL   
Fri Mar 03 2017, 07:57pm
Member No: #2699
They repaired it second time , and it`s leaking again. I bought new struts and there is incredible improvement in quality of ride and comfort. I think the reason are AMVAR valves. During repair they don`t even check if these valves are OK, they only repair sealing (without result)
My advice - don`t repair it. Buy new.
cruiserphil   
Sat Mar 04 2017, 01:45pm

Thanks Hipol,

I have a strut for repair and was going to send it to Nagengast. It's a pity they can't sort the sealing. I'll just take the hit and order new.

Best regards,

Phil C.
C6Dave   
Tue Jul 10 2018, 05:47pm

Member No: #1
Resurrecting an old thread but.... Does the system need depressurising via Lexia in order to remove the failed shocker or is there another way to release the pressure AKA the old DS with a bleed screw on the regulator?
Website
cruiserphil   
Wed Jul 11 2018, 08:36am

Hello Dave,

There is a manual method which is detailed in the Citroen maintenance documentation. I can't remember the details as I've always done it through Lexia as it's hassle free!

Best regards,

Phil C.
321dave   
Wed Jul 11 2018, 12:02pm
Member No: #614
cruiserphil wrote ...

Hello Dave,

There is a manual method which is detailed in the Citroen maintenance documentation. I can't remember the details as I've always done it through Lexia as it's hassle free!

Best regards,

Phil C.

Hi Phil, your correct, I've
also used Lexia to do the release front and back. But if you open the valve I believe on the 70psi center sphere it depressurises the front manually leaving the rear up.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club