C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Cruise Control Fault Finding

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
scrappydoo   
Sat Nov 08 2014, 06:56pm
Member No: #1724
Have a 2006 C6 with non-functioning Cruise Control. I've got a Lexia system bit it shows no apparent fault with the system. Is there any other way I can go about fault finding the system? Looking at the receipts with the vehicle it has had the pedal sensors changed within the last couple of years.
drummond   
Sat Nov 08 2014, 07:00pm
Member No: #238
Temporary fix- get the wheel in/out and up/down a couple of times, then the cruise should work.

Permanent fix- take the bottom of the column off and tape the wiring loom up.

Should do it.
scrappydoo   
Sat Nov 08 2014, 07:05pm
OK, Thanks will try that....is there a way lexia can be used to further fault find if that doesn't work?
verycleverman   
Sat Nov 08 2014, 11:59pm
Member No: #65
scrappydoo wrote ...

OK, Thanks will try that....is there a way lexia can be used to further fault find if that doesn't work?

Forget Lexia; I would be amazed if it isn't the harness under the steering column. I had the same problem on 2 C5s and 2 C6s; it was only after finding the cure on this forum that the problem went away. After the dealer had failed to cure the problem, under warranty, on all four cars, even replacing the Com 2000 on one, I took the bottom cover off the column, grabbed the harness and pulled in the direction of the wheel. Next, I pushed all the plugs fully home then refitted the bottom cover. Result - 5,000 miles of trouble free cruising so far.

Pete.
scrappydoo   
Mon Dec 15 2014, 03:45pm
You were right, it was the wiring....took bottom cowl off then loosened the tension on the wiring and viola it worked!
patcrean406   
Thu Dec 18 2014, 11:38pm
Member No: #1894
It wouldn't work for the last month. Pulled steering up and down and in and out and worked immediately. Thanks guys. Ill sort it out properly during the Xmas hols as well and put the proper coolant tank in.
pwvoogt   
Mon Jun 10 2019, 09:49am
Member No: #3906
After days of forum-research the post of cleverman gave the answer for my cruise control problems. The tight cable caused the problem. That explains why in some cases moving the steering wheel, or replacing of the COM2000 would solve the problem.
Thanks a lot 'verycleverman' Pete!
verycleverman   
Mon Jun 10 2019, 09:58pm
Member No: #65
pwvoogt wrote ...

After days of forum-research the post of cleverman gave the answer for my cruise control problems. The tight cable caused the problem. That explains why in some cases moving the steering wheel, or replacing of the COM2000 would solve the problem.
Thanks a lot 'verycleverman' Pete!

You are most welcome, but I can't claim the credit for this fix, I found the info on this forum myself. I'm pleased it worked for you.

Pete.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club