C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Gone and bought a DS

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Wed Oct 29 2014, 07:08pm

Member No: #1
Roof lining has been done in the last 2 years and is fine.

Yes I have a local upholster who has his own classic cars and does good work, but I'm not going to be doing 80,000 kms in the DS so cloth is a viable alternative and keeps the car looking original, plus if I spend £3,000+ on a leather interior I'm unlikely to recoup it if the car was to be sold.

I can get replacement seat covers, door cards and carpets in the original colour for circa £1,100 from the Netherlands given the current £/Euro exchange rate.

I would rather spend some money on getting the mechanicals thoroughly checked I think, than do all the custom leather as I got it the wrong way around on the Traction!

I need to think this one over very carefully.
Website
speedfix   
Wed Oct 29 2014, 07:10pm
Member No: #1043
My Safari has the original velour seats still intact, they have had 75,0000 miles of wear.
Sat in the old girl to-day what comfort, could not see out the windscreen though, years of outside dust!

C6Dave   
Thu Oct 30 2014, 09:07am

My my, what a dirty car

Thanks for the confirmation though.
Website
speedfix   
Fri Oct 31 2014, 08:41am
Member No: #1043
The underside to is filthy to, must be one of the most original solid UK ones as the underside was sprayed with old sump oil years ago.

Car one previous owner and locally supplied in 1973.
e3steve   
Sat Nov 01 2014, 01:37pm
Member No: #1163
Makes me seriously wish that I'd never sold my D Safari Fam.!

It was a '72(K) car and I paid £90 for it. The (local) seller had replaced all the brake & suspension pipes but the STOP warning lamp wouldn't extinguish, hence no brakes or suspension. He told me he'd tried to bleed the system and had removed the bleed screw....

When I got it home I read & re-read the Haynes manual and studied the line drawing of the accumulator. The manual firmly stated "undo the bleed screw no more than 1½ turns". Hmmmm, light-bulb moment.... I removed the bleed screw and, with the aid of a torch and a mirror, observed that THE BALL which serves to close off the self-circulating bleed system orifice was MISSING!

I nipped to the cycle shop and asked for a number eight bearing ball. The owner didn't even charge me for it!

Back home I popped the ball and the bleed screw into place, started the engine, nipped up the screw and 'whirr, wheeze, click-click', the light went out and up came the suspension! Bargain!!

I only had it for about six weeks. The wife hated 'the battleship'.

I sold it for £725....
C6Dave   
Sat Nov 01 2014, 04:07pm

e3steve wrote ...

I only had it for about six weeks. The wife hated 'the battleship'.

I sold it for £725....

Worth more than that now I bet.....

Anyway after long deliberation I'm going for the 'original look' for the D Super and have ordered new Blue Velour seat covers, matching door cards, carpets and the grey vinyl for the interior sill sides for a total of £1,272.90 including delivery from Citro-Toon

Once it's all here it will keep me quiet for a few days
Website
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club