Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Sat Dec 10 2011, 10:38am

Member No: #1
Ped wrote ...

I hope they last longer than the Hancooks which did about 12,000 miles :/

Get the tracking checked. Mine was out and badly scrubbed the Falkens on the inside edges.
Website
Ped   
Sat Dec 10 2011, 06:18pm
Member No: #82
Yeah tracking was fine. Pretty uniform wear over whole tire.
rogerandoutman   
Mon Dec 12 2011, 12:04pm
Member No: #466
Have just had two Falkerns fitted to front, after nail in tyre and stop warning via dash. jacked up car and then lowered suspension and even though in park and with wheel block in place car rolled forward enough to push jack off vertical and fold jack in half ( heavy car) rang wife who brought out my pillar jack and got the spare fitted. Had to have front track reset as also well out, had gone through to steel band on small section of inside edge of wheel and was not visible from normal inspection. Could have caused a nast moment on my regular Wolverhampton trip
C6Dave   
Mon Dec 12 2011, 02:02pm

rogerandoutman wrote ...

.... Had to have front track reset as also well out, had gone through to steel band on small section of inside edge of wheel and was not visible from normal inspection.

Mine were very nearly at that point as well so it would pay to have the tracking checked on a regular basis it seems.
Website
Chevrons   
Wed Jan 11 2012, 10:47pm
Member No: #85
Well, my rear original Michelins had done 51,750miles and needed replacing along with the front Contientals.
The front Michelins were replaced, just after I had her at 12K, since then I've had Continentals on the front, as Michelins weren't available when I needed the replacements. The two sets of Continentals, I have used on the front, have done 39k.
So, this week I needed four tyres, I ordered a set of Michelin Primacys from ATS on Tue and they called back an hour later - they had them ready. Done 380miles on them today and I can't complain about noise at all. I'll give feed back on how they wear.
neal2175ds   
Thu Jan 12 2012, 08:41am
Member No: #487
By way of an update... I have re-assessed my views on the Falkens over the last 4 k miles . On some surfaces mainly motorways and smooth tarmac they are nice and quiet. On many other surfaces however i think they are quite noisy. Particularly rural roads where they rumble. Next time i may try Hankook as these were very good on my C5's.
dsharples   
Mon Mar 19 2012, 10:03pm
Member No: #119
I've just fitted a pair of Nokian Z-G2 245/45 ZR18 100Y XLs to the front, as I swapped back to my standard wheels following a the winter period on Nokian 17" winter tyres. I will advise on progress, but having covered a hundred or so miles over the weekend, all seems OK - although perhaps the sidewalls don't stand quite as straight/firm as the Michelins. Good run to Cardiff this week will test them out. Its hard to compare to the Michelin directly, but the car certainly seems to have more raw grip in the current weather than the winter's did. The nose had started to understeer even at quite low speeds if a roundabout was accidentally attacked with a little too much vigour....
bigmario   
Wed Jun 13 2012, 04:11pm
Hi guys, I take this discussion to know if anyone has tried the Nankang 245/45 ZR18 100W. If yes, you have to report impressions?
Thanks
C6Dave   
Wed Jun 13 2012, 04:56pm

Not tried or considered them for the C6 as I have Nankang on the 59 Morris Minor and I'm not struck on them I'm afraid.
Website
Bishop   
Fri Jun 15 2012, 07:42am
Member No: #868
Hi, have just gone for 2 Pirelli Pzeros on the front - £70 each less than the Michelin Pilot Sports that were originally on there. I feel a bit heretical not fitting Michelins again because, well, fitting Michelins to a Citroën just seems right doesn't it? However, I thought the Michelins were unexceptional, especially in the wet, and noisy. So, will let you know how we get on ....

BTW, Did a trip to Banbury the other day, and fell in love with the QE2 all over again. I have now grown to adore the waft and leave it in normal mode when alone in the car on all but the most twisty roads - the wife finds it a bit queasy without Sport engaged.
C6Dave   
Fri Jun 15 2012, 08:23am

Bishop wrote ...

..... I have now grown to adore the waft and leave it in normal mode when alone in the car on all but the most twisty roads - the wife finds it a bit queasy without Sport engaged.

You do get used to it and the suspension does adapt after a while.

But if your wife still feels 'queasy' you may want to think about having the suspension software checked and updated
Website
Bishop   
Fri Jun 15 2012, 03:34pm
Member No: #868
OK, will do, thanks.
M21   
Sat Jun 16 2012, 10:29am
Member No: #871
Pzero is one of the options that I'm considering right now to replace my 245/45R18. I've read excellent reports about it, but I'm a little bit concerned about tire wear... so, I'm looking forward to heard your feedback.

By the way, my other options are Dunlop's Sport Maxx, Uniroyal Rainsport 2 and Goodyear's Efficient Grip.

Falken is a pretty rare brand in Portugal...

Regards.
M21   
Sun Jun 24 2012, 10:47pm
Member No: #871
The search for new rubber continues...

I'm now reading about Yokohama Avs Db (I've experience this tyre in a very different size 185/60R14, and it was good enough...) and Kumho Ecsta KU19.

Any thoughts about those two?

nickyg   
Mon Jun 25 2012, 09:17am
Member No: #100
M21 wrote ...

Pzero is one of the options that I'm considering right now to replace my 245/45R18. I've read excellent reports about it, but I'm a little bit concerned about tire wear... so, I'm looking forward to heard your feedback.

By the way, my other options are Dunlop's Sport Maxx, Uniroyal Rainsport 2 and Goodyear's Efficient Grip.

Falken is a pretty rare brand in Portugal...

Regards.

Hi M21, I have the dunlop sport maxx on my C6 summer wheels, which are 20" Kahn RSX diamond. For a wheel over 9" wide I'm very happy with all aspects, including tyre roar. On a slimmer stock wheel it may be even better still.

I also use uniroyal rainsports on my van. I don't believe there is a better price/performance tyre on the market. A superb tyre, but especially good for northern European conditions.

Good luck!

Nicky
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club