Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: Members Get Togethers and Events

19th Oct CCC Northern Section Dealer Meet and AGM

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Trainman   
Wed Oct 15 2014, 12:54am

Member No: #86
This should be a very good event and I hope that those of you who come along because you are attracted by the Dealer Meet will find time to come to the AGM part of the day to air your views and offer suggestions for the future of the Section. The Section Committee needs to know what you, the Membership wants so we can respond to your needs and keep our Club growing.

Our AGM will only take an hour maximum starting at 12 noon and will be over by 1.00 pm. Agendas and reports will be available on the day but if you want a copy in advance please email me and I will send you them through. Look for the signs on the day for the location of the meeting. Being a working garage they are not going to be flush with chairs so I suggest you bring a folding chair with you for the meeting.

Broach Hill are being very accommodating hosts and have agreed to have technicians on hand to give advice about your car on their ramps, to give tours of the workshop and bodyshop and to allow Members some hands on experience of the machine polishers. There will be refreshments available on a first come first served basis as well tea, coffee and soft drinks throughout the day. As I have mentioned previously, the garage has lots of space around it and there will be plenty of room to display our cars. Broach Hill are particularly keen to have examples of the older models on display so if you have an older model and an everyday double chevron, please do try and bring along the older one. As an example, our Chairman, Geoff Henthorn, will be in his DS23 Pallas rather than his C5 Tourer.

The display should be very impressive as it will be in conjunction with our friends from 2CVGB, Traction Owners Club and DS3 Owners Club. As a result of there being four clubs in attendance Broach Hill has contacted the local press who will cover and report on the day plus the garage has been advertising it locally to make a feature of the day. The new Cactus and C1 models will be available to test drive as well as all the rest of the Citroen range. In addition, everyone attending will receive a complimentary £25 voucher which can be used against any servicing or repairs Broach Hill subsequently undertake for you.

There will be a couple of competitions through the day, one for “Show and Shine” and the other for the “Best Citroen”. It’s possible this latter competition may be split into modern and classic. Valet kits from Autoglym and AutoSmart will be the main prizes with possibly Broach Hill offering additional prize items.

If you are able to help on the day with a bit of marshalling or selling raffle tickets please either contact me beforehand or make yourself known on the day to one of the Club Officers or a member of staff from the garage.

The garage will be open from 10am to 4pm so that it is basically the length of the event. It promises to be a great day out, with a good cross section of Citroens attending so don’t miss it.

Elsewhere in the magazine you will find a poster, kindly designed by Dan Fletcher, advertising the day.

A last call for you to give some thought to whether you might be interested in joining the Section Committee or perhaps standing for one of the Officers of the Section. The positions are Chairman, Vice Chairman, Secretary, Treasurer and Webmaster. It’s not too onerous and mainly centres around organising the Northern Rally.
C6Dave   
Sun Oct 19 2014, 04:43pm

Member No: #1
Shame you couldn't make it Steve. Broach Hill have the best workshop setup that I have seen doing some high quality bodywork as well.

A few Pics of the cars - 1 C6 turned up BTW and there was another in the workshop being repaired.

Website
C6Dave   
Thu Oct 30 2014, 03:40pm

Member No: #1
Broachhill have a news item on their website about the day: - Click Here -

Plus a Facebook Gallery page with more images on from the Day - Click Here -
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club