satnav night colour?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
abrli   
Sat Oct 18 2014, 08:14pm
Member No: #1899
hello,

I've been driving around in my C6 for a week now and couldn't help being slightly distracted by the bright satnav map colour. does it have a dark colour option for the night like most satnavs do? if so could you kindly let me know how it can be activated?

cheers!
C6Dave   
Sun Oct 19 2014, 06:58am

Member No: #1
If you look on the radio unit there is a button that says 'Dark'

Also on the left side of the display screen there are 2 buttons to raise of lower the screen brightness
Website
e3steve   
Sun Oct 19 2014, 08:43am
Member No: #1163
C6Dave wrote ...

If you look on the radio unit there is a button that says 'Dark'
That shuts the LCD off completely, first press, then, second press, everything except the speedo readout. Third press restores all...

C6Dave wrote ...

Also on the left side of the display screen there are 2 buttons to raise of lower the screen brightness
The right-side buttons, Dave; the left-side buttons alter the vertical angle of the LCD.

abrli wrote ...

hello,

I've been driving around in my C6 for a week now and couldn't help being slightly distracted by the bright satnav map colour. does it have a dark colour option for the night like most satnavs do? if so could you kindly let me know how it can be activated?

cheers!
When in the 'Nav' screen at night, mine inverts the colours -- dark blue background. I think this is achieved via the light sensor in the windscreen(?).

Also when in 'Nav' mode, pressing in the screen navigation chrome knob (in the middle of the 'up', 'down', 'left', 'right' arrows) to reveal a menu, one line of which is something like 'Reduced Screen'; this gives the option to toggle between full display or two-thirds display.
Tjensen   
Sun Oct 19 2014, 12:08pm
Member No: #954
And via setup you can change background to color/contrast that suits you.
C6Dave   
Sun Oct 19 2014, 04:29pm

@e3steve it's driving a left hand drive TA that confused me
Website
spbmssen   
Sun Oct 19 2014, 04:47pm
Member No: #1470
You need to upgrade your firmware (assuming it's an RT4 unit). I think you need v8.00 or above to get the dark satnav colour mode.
Rooster   
Sun Oct 19 2014, 09:29pm
Member No: #1799
I have the latest version CD pack available if you want to get in touch.
magicands   
Mon Oct 20 2014, 06:52pm
Member No: #1021
My RT3 has a night colour mode that kicks in when the light begins to fail outside, it goes Black and white in effect and is duller.
This however does not impact on the Navigation screen which when used at night stays bright unless you turn the brightness down using the buttons by the screen.
Website
Norman   
Mon Aug 10 2015, 08:21am
Member No: #364
The problem I have noticed is down here in Spain with the high ambience light is that the satnave is not bright enough to read the screen it ok at night time and adjustes ok it's just during the day it seems a bit dim and I wondered is there a way of overriding the controls possibly by using the lexia or digibox.
Trainman   
Tue Aug 11 2015, 07:33pm

Member No: #86
Norman,

might sound daft but try changing the colours
Norman   
Wed Aug 12 2015, 08:22am
Hi Steve,
I'll give that a try but I like the standard colours just need turning up brighter
m3mpower   
Thu Aug 13 2015, 07:39pm
Member No: #662
Hi
You can manually adjust the brightness to suit your needs.
Website
Norman   
Fri Aug 14 2015, 07:51am
Hi m3mpower your link just took me to your web site checking everything didn't take me to any instructions on how to manually adjust the brightness, I have turned up the brightness using the front panel up/down buttons, but it still needs to be brighter during the day, nighttime is OK.
C6Dave   
Fri Aug 14 2015, 08:04am

Non of the screens are bright enough in sunlight I'm afraid Norman, just follow the arrows on the HUD
Website
m3mpower   
Fri Aug 14 2015, 09:37am
Member No: #662
Norman wrote ...

Hi m3mpower your link just took me to your web site checking everything didn't take me to any instructions on how to manually adjust the brightness, I have turned up the brightness using the front panel up/down buttons, but it still needs to be brighter during the day, nighttime is OK.

Hi Norman
I didn't say the instructions are on my website.
By the way, which system do you have? RT3 or RT4 ?
Website
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club