Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

My new motor

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
mark28   
Tue Jul 12 2011, 09:53am
Member No: #102
A guy I work with told me he liked the C6 as his father had and estate one !
ciao_chao   
Tue Jul 12 2011, 11:18am
Member No: #518
The C6 really isn't about marketing, or advertising. It was created for the state as something to chauffer French Diplomats, heads of state and visiting dignataries. Now Citroen was a favourite of Mr Chirac, so I wonder whether there was some gentle persuasion made to Citroen to develop the Lignage Concept. Perhaps for this reason, the C6 never needed to be sold in great numbers to the private buyer, and hence marketing never became a priority.

number6 wrote ...

He drives a 2004 5 series Beema which when compared to the C6 has nothing in it and looks ugly. Talk about a badge.

You're right next to the C6 the E60 is no looker, but I do enjoy Chris Bangle's designs, at least he went for something edgy, diffferent and creative. I'm not saying the E60 is a pretty car, but it's actually quite nicely designed. Look at BMW's incumbent chief designer, Adrian van Hooydonk, he can't design, and has just taken the E90 (3-series) and scaled it up to make the F01 (current 7) and F10 (current 5). Sorry for my little waffle, but I have great respect for Chris Bangle, who dared to challenge the BMW status quo.

@ Ped. So true, but that's one of the things I do love about the C6. I do like it's something low key, it's every bit as capable as the German rivals, but doesn't have the [%*^#@!] factor.
number6   
Tue Aug 16 2011, 09:20pm
Member No: #526
drummond1 wrote ...

Er- I almost bought your C6, but I thought that I preferred something with a warranty. Also, I know the guy that last serviced your car. Great value, though!

(When I drove it, the temperature controls were OK.)

The warranty you can buy seperate but ive always found they arnt worth the paper. And knowing the mechanic who serviced the car, you make it sound like a bad thing. the car runs great so i think ive got a decent motor. I know it was a Citroen UK car so probably had a harder early life than most C6's but im more than happy with it.
e3steve   
Fri Oct 10 2014, 11:03am
Member No: #1163
'Tis mine, now..... Had it a year & a half. I'd love to know the outcome of the non-changing driver's side ACC temperature settings; it did the same to me a few months' back and I discovered that the air-temp control flap, inside the heater gallery, had disintegrated!
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club