C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Car Care and Maintenance Tips

Front Lateral Amber Lights

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
mercuryrv   
Tue Sep 16 2014, 11:59pm
Member No: #1848
Hi everyone, Can anyone tell me on my C6 there are front lateral amber bulbs in the side rear section of the headlamps, these would be visible from the sides when illuminated. They have no wiring going to them, although I find it hard to believe that they would make different wiring looms for different markets, so do yours work please and if they DID NOT where did you wire them from, such as is the power leads tied back into the loom somewhere. I have a fetish for lights, can never have too many I feel!! Thank you.
gmerry   
Wed Sep 17 2014, 08:41am
Member No: #21
Hi Merc, do any of your amber lights work (front or rear?). I recall they can be turned on or off via a configuaration menu.

Regarding wiring, this is integrated into the headlights: there is a multiplug connector for sidelights, indicators, amber running lights etc. If trouble shooting, start by changing the bulbs for a known good bulb.

Regards
G
mercuryrv   
Wed Sep 17 2014, 05:30pm
Hi thank you for your answer, The bulb holder has no wiring connected to the rear of it, just where a plug SHOULD go with the wiring attached. Yes the rear ones are working fine, just no front amber lateral lights, obviously as they are not wired in. I suppose I should have asked, are others plugged in with a plug and wiring, or are mine just not connected, never have too many lights!!!
Trainman   
Wed Sep 17 2014, 11:46pm

Member No: #86
These are literally bulb holders, the wiring is 'built' into the unit, they are a 'pig' change but doable...... I know because I've changed quite a few for people.

DO NOT DROP any of the holders, the one behind the coolant tank is a real..... bas**** if you drop the bulb holder it's a swine to recover. I he one on the other side is far easier.
mercuryrv   
Thu Sep 18 2014, 06:37am
So do I assume the holders have contact pins on them that mate with a track on the mounting point as do many instrument panel bulbs? I am not able to check the actual car at the moment as it is in our paintshop having some remedial paintwork carried out. Thank you Steve.
mercuryrv   
Fri Sep 19 2014, 08:25pm
Hi Chaps, thanks for the information, having now got the car back from our paintshop looking resplendent, have checked and removed the lateral bulb holders, changed the bulbs, cleaned the contacts, replaced the bulb holders and they all work fine, thank you for the information people, what a super car these C6's really are!!!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club