C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Car Care and Maintenance Tips

Window Tints & Lexia Help

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
mercuryrv   
Mon Sep 15 2014, 02:55pm
Member No: #1848
Hi everyone, new to this forum and site but lots of informative help, information and assistance, and strangely for a forum, not too much legal advice and rantings, well done all of you. As a Citroen C6 owner and MD of a business that is in the motor trade (albeit American Motorhomes) we have much garage equipment.

We have an Lexia unit for Citroen's plus other decoding equipment etc, if any forum member would like help by us plugging in their car and reading/curing issues, you are most welcome to come along free of charge as a fellow C6 owner.

We also have a window tinter that has recently carried out a tint on my own car, and I notice that many of you who do like this done, that so far no one has really managed to do all the rear windows including the rear screen successfully, well good news!! Our chap can do it and he has made a really good job of it as well.

Being the owner of both a C6 and a DS Pallas (the real DS not a modern one) and previously having owned many CX's from the early one up until one of the very last DTR's, I am a keen Citroen owner, as such if I can help anyone along the way, please feel free to ask.

As an aside I have just booked my C6 2.7 Exclusive into our local Citroen dealer for a full service + MoT, brake fluid change and a cambelt change, I have negotiated with them for a good deal on this little lot, the total cost will be £573 inclusive, so when it is all done I will report back (yes I promise I will report back) and let you know the outcome of the work carried out by them.

It is always good to know if a dealer in your area is prepared to do the work well and to a set cost, hopefully they WILL do a good job and this will result in more of us rewarding the good and ignoring the bad. Finally, as we are also a Dinitrol rust prevention agent, I will be giving the C6 a good steam clean and a rustproofing as I am SURE, these C6's are going to be a real future classic as the original DS is now, lets face it there were a lot more DS's here in the UK and around the world than there are C6's, must mean it already has a classic status surely?

Thanks again for the superb site, and thanks also for keeping it factual and helpful, will be donating to its up keep right now. Kindest regards, Simon PS. The same dealer I will be having the service carried out at has offered me some good deals on parts as well, brand new Citroen original carpet mats plus loads of other odds and sods, I am hoping that like Jaguar, Citroen will look at their stocks of parts for the C6 and lower the prices to shed the stock, their loss hopefully will be our gain respectively.
C6Dave   
Mon Sep 15 2014, 05:42pm

Member No: #1
Thanks for the offer of support for site members. Your general location would be helpful though instead of UK
Website
mercuryrv   
Mon Sep 15 2014, 06:12pm
Hi, I thought it was in the details section of members, but not a problem, we are located in Kent, a small village of Conyer which has the postcode of ME9 9HH, sorry about that would have been helpful wouldn't it!!
Rooster   
Tue Sep 16 2014, 08:13am
Member No: #1799
Sounds like you found yourself a trustworthy Citroen Dealer there, which is no bad thing. I drive from Lancashire to London most weeks in my C6 so I am well aware of the importance of its correct servicing, and with the next service due in 2000 miles, I would like to hear feedback from your experience, and perhaps give the dealer a shot at servicing mine.

As for the tinting, what kind of money did he charge?
mercuryrv   
Tue Sep 16 2014, 11:11pm
Good evening, sorry for the delay in responding to your points. I will let you all know the outcome of the service/cambelt change/MoT and brake fluid change, obviously I will be checking very carefully that they have done as expected, I also will be taking the car to our normal MoT station that does all our courtesy cars, they know I am 'Picky' and hate even advisories, as such I will know what is wrong before it even goes for MoT.

This is not because I do not trust them, I would like to think they will look after the car and my interests as well as their own, but if I am to report back to members of this site, I want to be SURE of my report, not simply what I feel the level of service was. The tinting was carried out using my choice which was Limousine shade on all the glazing aft of the driver/passenger area, the charge was £250 to us (we use them to do other work for us on the American Motorhomes we sell/service, as such if you did want it done, I am sure they would do it for you (perhaps at our depot) for exactly the same cost.

I am pleased with the result both in terms of how it was done and the end result. I am sure that these C6's will eventually become a car the same as my DS Pallas is now, the DS was once un loved secondhand, and now look at the values. I can recall being offered a 1963 Jaguar E Type 3.8 back in the mid 70's, £600 he asked me for it and it was a good one, and I did not buy it as I did not like the man much who was selling it!! I ask who was the twit then?

As we run other Citroens as courtesy cars, we have a good relationship (I hope) with this dealer, as such they do give us good prices and go out of their way on parts, hence the genuine C6 carpet mats and mudflaps at a good price.

Well not long to go now before we know the answer to the question on the service level by them, if only they knew how much good they could do themselves if they perform, fingers crossed!!

As a final comment, does it ever anoy any of you when you follow a thread through only to find the original poster never ends it with a result of the adjustments/changes etc? Is it just me?
C6Dave   
Wed Sep 17 2014, 07:00am

Member No: #1
mercuryrv wrote ...

As a final comment, does it ever anoy any of you when you follow a thread through only to find the original poster never ends it with a result of the adjustments/changes etc? Is it just me?

For me, yes it does, but there is little one can do about it I'm afraid.
Website
verycleverman   
Wed Sep 17 2014, 10:29pm
Member No: #65
mercuryrv wrote ...

I can recall being offered a 1963 Jaguar E Type 3.8 back in the mid 70's, £600 he asked me for it and it was a good one, and I did not buy it as I did not like the man much who was selling it!! I ask who was the twit then?

I can empathise with you there; I swapped my '67 Mustang Coupe for a Mk2 Cortina, back in 1976, as I couldn't afford the insurance on the Mustang and it only did 8 mpg!

Pete
Trainman   
Wed Sep 17 2014, 11:53pm

Member No: #86
Rooster wrote ...

Sounds like you found yourself a trustworthy Citroen Dealer there, which is no bad thing. I drive from Lancashire to London most weeks in my C6 so I am well aware of the importance of its correct servicing

Peter,

There are a couple of good service centres in Lancashire, one is a main dealer in Chorley (Rigbyes) the he other is Dave Ashworth in Blackpool.

Rigby look after a number of C6s, mine included, Dave has an outstanding reputation as well.
Rooster   
Thu Sep 18 2014, 08:38pm
Member No: #1799
Thanks again Steve. Mine has just clocked 70,000 and a service is due shortly. I know the Chorley dealer, but I didn't realise they had such a good reputation. Are they fairly competitive with servicing? I have an almost complete main dealer service history and would like to keep it that way if costs permit.

Trainman   
Mon Sep 22 2014, 11:42am

Member No: #86
I've never heard of anybody complain, and the customer service is something they are extremely proud of........ and rightly so

Also don't forget that Citroen offer fixed price servicing - Click Here -

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club