C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Central locking

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Roberto57   
Sat Sep 06 2014, 07:48am
Member No: #1812
J have just purchased a 58 plate car which is fantastic, I have noticed that when I look all the doors the back drivers side door does not lock?
Any thoughts?

Thanks
C6Dave   
Sat Sep 06 2014, 09:15am

Member No: #1
Could be a faulty lock.

Take the door card off and check the wiring and connector but it may be the microswitch and you may have to replace the lock.
Website
82t   
Sat Feb 17 2018, 12:48pm
Member No: #2983
Hi Roberto. I have exactly this problem.

Central locking activates etc, but door does not lock, opens with handle (causing alarm to sound.)

Did you find a solution?
321dave   
Sat Feb 17 2018, 12:54pm
Member No: #614
82t wrote ...

Hi Roberto. I have exactly this problem.

Central locking activates etc, but door does not lock, opens with handle (causing alarm to sound.)

Did you find a solution?

Hi Cillian,
Is it just one door? Or all. And has this fault just happened today or did you notice it start to get progressively worse this week? Thanks
82t   
Sat Feb 17 2018, 01:09pm
Member No: #2983
Hi Dave,

Didn't realise you'd replied here already! Just one door. I only noticed it last night, but it's the first time I've pulled the door handle after locking.
321dave   
Sat Feb 17 2018, 03:28pm
Member No: #614
82t wrote ...

Hi Dave,

Didn't realise you'd replied here already! Just one door. I only noticed it last night, but it's the first time I've pulled the door handle after locking.

Hi Cillian,
the previous owner of my car had a lock solenoid replaced if I can remember. Might be worth checking the wiring first on the door though. I believe the little rubber flexible sleeves near the hinges where the wires enter the door can abraid the wires over time causing all sorts of issues. That would be fairly easy fix if it was a lose wire, could be the lock gone. Maybe somebody know if the locks will report to lexia if they stop functioning? I'm not sure, but my guess is it would do so.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club