C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

C6 owners other classics

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
dsharples   
Tue Sep 02 2014, 08:07pm
Member No: #119
Shaun, is your green GSA the ex. David Van Haaren C-Matic?
Hattershaun   
Wed Sep 03 2014, 04:02am
Member No: #320
Yes and yes, my GSA was at Classics on the common last month.
It did belong to the Van Haaren's when new, I've had it 4 years now, and a chap in Leeds had it for 3 years before that. Still only covered 64,000 miles from new and drives like a dream.
I remember first seeing it 20 years ago at CCC gatherings of the Easter Section.
dsharples   
Wed Sep 03 2014, 07:34pm
Member No: #119
Excellent. That GSA ferried my under-counter Fridge Freezer & Cooker Hood from Van Haaren's to Woodbridge, and as you say, was a regular at Eastern Section events during my time as Secretary. Good times. It looked rather sorry for itself at Chevronics at the GS 40 years celebrations - so its great to see it looking so smart again. I did start digging back to see if I had any pics of it, as I'm sure I must have - but haven't digitised everything yet!
e3steve   
Thu Sep 04 2014, 07:29am
Member No: #1163
dsharples wrote ...

My Citroen GS X3 on the Felixstowe Classic Car Run in May 2014........

Lovely to see an X3, especially one that still has doors! My '78 X2's doors were just rotten; the car was white so it really showed.

I also had a gold '78 CX Pallas that, I'm certain, had been a submarine for some of its life. I made it look nice with a repaint but, unfortunately, it had to go soon afterwards before the corrosion revealed itself again; I auctioned it at Westbury in '82.

My '78 2CV6 was a lovely little car but my now-late wife disliked it. To be fair to her, she had previously been driving my (new) '89 Sierra Sapphire Cosworth! The 2CV, being bright yellow (and nicknamed 'Buttercup' by the family) just had to be fitted with yellow glass envelopes over the halogen bulbs that I fitted, of course! She was the model preceding yours, with rectangular headlights. We used the car as my sister's wedding transport, replete with chauffeur in a cap! I have pics which I must dig out.....
mark28   
Fri Sep 05 2014, 07:38pm
Member No: #102
speedfix wrote ...

Wow all lovley motors, mark28 is that a 316 1.8?

Had a SM and did the mods on the engine, chains renolds tensioners and quill shaft, wrote it off in the south of France.

Rebuilt it with the great help from Andrew Brodie for spares.
Sold car and now is resting in a motor house with under 25000 miles.
The SM of mine never had A/C or a sun roof, on a hot day all vents open with windows and travel at high speed, what music

Dave the Jaguar is sure to be a classic, I still have one XJ6 MK1 somwhere with a Daimler XJ Soverein MK1 that I thought may never be collectable.

It's a 323i with 40 k miles not been driven for 23 years, failed it's mot on a bulb.
e3steve   
Sun Sep 14 2014, 08:43am
Member No: #1163
e3steve wrote ...

The 2CV, being bright yellow (and nicknamed 'Buttercup' by the family) just had to be fitted with yellow glass envelopes over the halogen bulbs that I fitted, of course! She was the model preceding yours, with rectangular headlights. We used the car as my sister's wedding transport, replete with chauffeur in a cap! I have pics which I must dig out.....

From my sis's wedding album, July 1993:

Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club