C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

Voice commands

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
artisan100   
Sat Jun 14 2014, 03:51pm
Member No: #1625
Twenty four hours into C6 ownership and most things now working, but nothing happens when I press the end of the lights stalk which is when the voice recognition options are meant to appear. The internal microphone works for the phone, so I wonder if there's an option somewhere in the the depths of the menus that I haven't found yet. Any clues?

Geoff

(2007 build, 2009 registration Exclusive)
gmerry   
Sat Jun 14 2014, 05:33pm
Member No: #21
Geoff, my stalk end button failed: had to be replaced under warranty so no idea of what the charge would have been.

Regards
G
artisan100   
Sat Jun 14 2014, 09:07pm
Thanks Gerry. Looks like I'm going to be on the phone to them on Monday morning to ask if they want to fix it under the after-sales warranty or the Sale of Goods Act.

Thanks,

Geoff
magicands   
Sun Jun 15 2014, 03:12pm
Member No: #1021
Good luck with that one!!
Let us know how you get on.
Website
artisan100   
Thu Jun 19 2014, 10:36am
The garage that sold me the car say that they will fix it, but as they're not Citroen dealers they're at a bit of a loss.

I visited my nearest Citroen dealer. No one in the showroom knew whether the car was supposed to have voice activation or not and suggested that I book the car in with them for an hour so they can plug it into the computer and 'turn it back on if it's there and has been turned off'. Well they would say that, wouldn't they?

The guy in the parts department said the lighting stalk number is 6242TI and retails for somewhere around the £250 mark.

Dave, if I pm you my VIN will your records show whether the car does have voice activation or not? Also, does anyone know whether this is something that could have been turned off with Lexia or similar?

Cheers,

Geoff

ChrisHunter   
Thu Jun 19 2014, 11:04am
Member No: #188
how about some sort of control in the menu structure, too, and how about volume control - never looked, but presumably there will be such things ?
drummond   
Thu Jun 19 2014, 03:59pm
Member No: #238
If it's an Exclusive, it should have the voice recognition. You could have mine- never use it....
artisan100   
Thu Jun 19 2014, 07:32pm
>If it's an Exclusive, it should have the voice recognition.
That's what I thought.

Called in at Chevron, Worcester today and technician Tim was very helpful. He apparently has been a Citroen mechanic for 22 years and so has seen most problems. After a chat at the Service desk he decided to go an fetch his DiagBox and came out to the car and ran on a check on it. Told me about a fault on the front nearside wheel sensor that was giving me occasional ABS and Handbrake warnings, but when he investigated the communication section of the data he said that the car didn't have voice recognition.

As he was unplugging the cable he suddenly said that he'd been an idiot, as looking at the stalk would have given him the answer. He said that the car has the button but as it doesn't have a white painted arrow (pointing towards the steering column) on the housing (in the way the wipers stalk does) it shows that no function is associated with the button.

He seemed a genuine guy and a big thumbs up to Chevron Worcester for not wanting to charge me an an arm and a leg for answering a simple question, and I'm quite prepared to believe him but can anybody throw any light on this little puzzle?

Next question is whether anybody else has had to have a wheel speed sensor replaced?

Geoff

travlician   
Fri Jun 20 2014, 02:00am
Member No: #350
Who hasn't have a wheel sensor replaced (on a 2.7 HDi)?
artisan100   
Fri Jun 20 2014, 05:41am
>Who hasn't have a wheel sensor replaced (on a 2.7 HDi)?

Sorry, I thought the troublesome one was ride height sensor, and I got the impression that my problem was a 'wheel rotation speed' sensor. Are they combined?

Geoff
drummond   
Fri Jun 20 2014, 04:45pm
Member No: #238
Ah, good to know that they still make little errors. I had a ZX without electric mirrors or windows (substantial discount), and a CX GTI mk 2 with manual transmission (very very very substantial discount).

After that, lack of voice recognition seems, well, normal!
verycleverman   
Wed Sep 10 2014, 12:15pm
Member No: #65
artisan100 wrote ...

, but when he investigated the communication section of the data he said that the car didn't have voice recognition.
Geoff

Just been reading up on Mirascripts and noticed that an option on there is to enable/disable the Voice Recognition. What little experience I have on these matters tells me that when a system is disabled the relevant entry on the menu disappears.

Worth thinking about?

Pete.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club