Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Super Sticky

Latest software for RT4 and RT5 is out: 8.31

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
spbmssen   
Thu May 29 2014, 07:37pm
Member No: #1470
I upgraded to 8.31 just the other day, and today in the middle of a 3.5 hr journey the RT4 suddenly started rebooting itself, then displayed an empty map screen with just the time and the little arrow representing my car. Then froze after a few seconds, then rebooted again. Repeat for 40 minutes, despite two stops in lay-bys to turn everything off and on again.
Finally gave up and decided to try to ignore it and reach my destination with no radio or Nav. After about another ten minutes of driving and six or seven more reboots, the map came back and everything was back to normal!

WTF?

The only possible explanation I can think of is this: I was driving across Salisbury plain at the time, so it's either down to military black-ops or ley lines. I'll be driving back through there tomorrow, so I'll be able to verify this!

Anybody got any sensible suggestions, though?
C6Dave   
Fri May 30 2014, 08:28am

Member No: #1
Paul Clarke wrote ...

The only possible explanation I can think of is this: I was driving across Salisbury plain at the time, so it's either down to military black-ops or ley lines. I'll be driving back through there tomorrow, so I'll be able to verify this!

Anybody got any sensible suggestions, though?

Not impossible that it was something 'in the air'

I parked the Leaf which has keyless entry next to a taxi littered with CB etc. aerials and found I couldn't lock or start it as the key wasn't recognised.

Another motorist had a similar issue with another car and when the taxi went, everything came back on......
Website
spbmssen   
Fri May 30 2014, 11:46pm
Well, drove (crawled) back along the A303 today, and about 20 miles short of Stonehenge the RT4 started rebooting itself again, repeatedly. I was stuck in traffic so it lasted much longer this time, I eventually had to break South, and the thing stabilised around Romsey (about 20 miles SE of Salisbury?)
All I can think is that it's a problem with the 2012/13 UK map update that I loaded with the 8.31 update. Seems that whole part of the country is corrupt or something.
m3mpower   
Sat May 31 2014, 09:08am
Member No: #662
Hi
Do you have any files in your jukebox? And were you listening to that when it happened?
If not, you may have to load new maps like 2014 version to see if it cures the problem.
Was the 8.31 disc original or downloaded ?
Website
spbmssen   
Sat May 31 2014, 09:34pm
I do have files in the jukebox, but was listening to the radio when it happened. 8.31 was a download. I would suspect that, but I was fiddling about today and went into 'move map' and tried to move towards the area I was having problems with. Lo and behold, when I got the cursor near Salisbury the thing rebooted.
I've downloaded a different year's UK map to try in the morning. I'm suspecting that the area of the map has something corrupt about it (and that's not besmirching the good people of Wiltshire, btw!)
spbmssen   
Sat May 31 2014, 09:36pm
Reading back through the thread, I realise I didn't mention that I'd updated my UK map, too.
ChrisHunter   
Sat May 31 2014, 10:06pm
Member No: #188
no idea of cause, but our TomTom GPS unit (in wife's Berlingo) is inclined to reboot itself in the vicinity of a particular junction of the M6 - not very often, just now & then, but always in the same place ... so far as we can see, there are no obvious reasons for this ...
drummond   
Mon Jun 02 2014, 06:39pm
Member No: #238
My first GS used to go into sulk mode anywhere west of Guildford, so, Chris, it's not new(!)

Tim
Tjensen   
Fri Nov 04 2016, 08:40am
Member No: #954
I got a lot of problems after using the 8.31 that was enclosed with the latest maps package (2015/2016). Lost services linked to the car like breakdown warning, oil/water temperature/TPMS screen, Climate control screen, parking help services etc. Even worse after first attempt (beeping). Hard disk problems ? Can I try more resets/installations ? Or may the update disk itself can be the problem ?

(and one peculiar detail: The problem occured in the same area where I experienced RT system freezing and stopping several times before (in the Noregian mountains) But this was the first time it asked for the update disk and I did the udate. Earlier; the problem has just solved itself after 1-2 hours)
m3mpower   
Fri Nov 04 2016, 09:06am
Sounds like your unit has lost its configuration settings, you'll have to reconfigure the parameters, but i don't think this has anything to do with updating to 8.31, updating the software does not change the configurations so you have a deeper problem.
Website
Tjensen   
Fri Nov 04 2016, 11:19am
Thanks for rapid answer ! My Citroen garage is just saying "new unit". The version was 8.31 before the problem also. How can the unit be reconfigured ? I must try that before anything else ! If I really need to change harddisk or change the whole RT 5, the nicest way to do it would be a holdiay in Alicante and using your services !
m3mpower   
Sat Nov 05 2016, 11:14pm
you can configure it using Diagbox or Mirascript , if after the configuration the unit loose the settings again, you'll need a new unit.
yes if you come to Alicante it can certainly be sorted out and have a nice paella afterwards
Website
Norman   
Sun Nov 06 2016, 10:49am
Member No: #364
Hi m3mpower, on a similar theme i sent you a PM regarding the phone system in my 2010 2.2 C6 i received a 4G sim card from my supplier and i received the message "no sim or invalid sim not installed" i have tried 2 different 4G sims with the same result but it works fine with the 3G sims, so i take it a 4G sim is incompatible with these phones?
m3mpower   
Tue Nov 08 2016, 01:39pm
Hi Norman

Sorry for late reply.
I also tried a 4G sim in a RT5 and it didn't work so i assume 4G sims are not compatible with RT4 units
Website
Tjensen   
Tue Nov 08 2016, 08:01pm
I have a 4G SIM in my car. Worked ok (Norway) (until the HDD crash laast week)
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club