C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Depollution fault

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Fri Dec 12 2014, 01:00pm

Member No: #1
This weather, 1st thing to do is look at the fuel filter and if it's done more than 25K, replace it.
Website
PercyPorcelain   
Sun Mar 11 2018, 10:51pm
Member No: #2027
My 2006 2.2HDi flashes up so many misleading error messages that I have become blase (e.g. brake pads, which are virtually new), however after suffering alarming loss of power in the fast lane of the motorway, I think perhaps my 'depollution fault' really is a depollution fault (i.e EGR valve or something in that area). It's very intermittent but has frightened me sufficiently to get it checked out. Previously I had attributed the occasional stuttering and juddering to the fuel filter, which I was planning to change. Will proceed with that anyway (have the part), but would be surprised if that's all it is.
321dave   
Mon Mar 12 2018, 09:45am
Member No: #614
PercyPorcelain wrote ...

My 2006 2.2HDi flashes up so many misleading error messages that I have become blase (e.g. brake pads, which are virtually new), however after suffering alarming loss of power in the fast lane of the motorway, I think perhaps my 'depollution fault' really is a depollution fault (i.e EGR valve or something in that area). It's very intermittent but has frightened me sufficiently to get it checked out. Previously I had attributed the occasional stuttering and juddering to the fuel filter, which I was planning to change. Will proceed with that anyway (have the part), but would be surprised if that's all it is.

Hi Percy,
hope your well, I would get a service. You shouldn't have any warnings popping up on the display or to many. If your losing power definitely go and have a service as well or get somebody nearby with a Lexia to have a check of the system. That's the best thing to do. Hope you get back to smooth and safe running soon.
Jas16   
Mon Mar 12 2018, 09:01pm
Member No: #2994
hello, with my 2.2, the depollution light was on because of a faulty throttle body. Not overly expensive part, approx £100 and if you handy with a spanner give yourself an hour as you have to be gentle with a couple of sensors. When you start your car for the first time afterwards, the depollution light will come on after the first couple of starts then it should go away.
PercyPorcelain   
Mon Mar 19 2018, 09:26pm
Thanks all - my garage told me off for buying supermarket petrol, said I should get the Shell or BP premium stuff. Apparently he's seen lots of similar problems during this over-extended winter weather, attributes it to differential air pressure between front and back of catalytic converter. Anyway I did as he instructed, and sure enough has run like a top since...
pattersonoxford   
Tue Mar 20 2018, 01:58pm
Member No: #48
I have used Shell V Power diesel for the last three years. No depollution faulty messages since using it. Although it costs 10% more per litre, I get 10% better mileage than I did with supermarket diesel.
MGmike   
Tue Mar 20 2018, 07:42pm
Member No: #3151
I've done around 120k miles in my 2.2 C5's. Most on that on supermarket diesel and I've never had a depollution fault!

I'm not sold on the value of premium fuels although I must admit the 07 C5 does run a little better on it but not enough to justify the extra cost.
Tjensen   
Wed Mar 21 2018, 02:31pm
Member No: #954
Never seen this error message and no real problems with EGR's. Almost only Shell VP Diesel and Shell ReX bio-diesel. 140 000 km. But also 90% long-distance driving.
Dan595   
Thu Mar 22 2018, 06:08pm
Member No: #299
200,000 miles on mostly supermarket diesel and I've only seen a 'risk of FAP clogging' message once. This was cleared with Diagbox and not seen again.

Worth noting that the car will not do a FAP regen when there is less than 20 litres of fuel in the car, which might be as much as 200 miles worth. If you see the warning and the tank is less than a third full, fill up.

PercyPorcelain, I cut the brake pad warning light wires on my car when they kept giving false alerts (after finding out how much fixing them would cost). I reckon that checking the pads visually is not much hardship.

PercyPorcelain   
Fri May 18 2018, 06:13pm
Thanks all - latest advice from garage, drive 100 miles at 60mph to get it to reset... what is this, "Speed" with Keanu Reeves?
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club