C6owners :: Forums :: The Lounge :: The Lounge

Archoil

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Smarty2   
Sun May 04 2014, 07:07pm
Member No: #1697
Just thought I would make a recommendation for their additives, its a nano friction modifier and I have been using it for two years now, the benefits I was after was making my gas powered engine run cooler, not only did it do this but my engine runs smoother quieter and has improved my m.p.g, not drastically, but as the ad says every little helps!Its not cheap either but at least you can order it off Amazon. A snippet for their 9100 friction modifier.

AR9100 Nanoborate reduces friction to coefficients of 0.037, half again the friction coefficient of ‘micro boron’, and a fraction of traditional lubricants like zinc, phosphorous and other additives presently used in popular oil and grease formulations.

AR9100 contains various esters which dissolves carbon and varnish, a solution for POWERSTROKE injector stiction which is the accumulation of carbon and varnish deposits in the injector spool valve resulting in a performance drop, hard starts, drop in fuel economy, injector failure, etc. AR9100 resolves these problems.

AR9100 also has several times the load capacity of both ‘micro boron’ and far more than traditional chemistries, testing at up to 4000 lbs. on the Falex Pin & Vee Block test.

AR9100 is introduced into the oil and the esters totally dissolve all deposits allowing the nanoborate to form a strong chelate bond, the esters also enhance the lubricant for increased performance. Friction wear reduced over 75%.

AR9100 greatly exceeds the challenges presented by today’s tightened fluid system tolerances not addressed by today’s oils as a result of EPA regulations reducing the solid boundary additive zinc, used to protect against wear.
Smarty2   
Mon May 05 2014, 09:44am
Just like to add, that since using the 9100 friction modifier my oil usage has dropped drastically to about 95% less consumption, my engine loved the stuff a good burn on the motorway would consume over a liter! definitely an oilaholic! Not anymore.
gmerry   
Mon May 05 2014, 11:03am
Member No: #21
Hi Smarty2, my engine doesn't burn any regular oil, nor snakeoil either.

Regards
G
Smarty2   
Mon May 05 2014, 01:02pm
gmerry wrote ...

Hi Smarty2, my engine doesn't burn any regular oil, nor snakeoil either.

Regards
G

Hello, it isn't snake oil. I tried motorup in the past but it doesn't come close to Archoil it uses nano boron technology, not snakes.
C6Dave   
Mon May 05 2014, 02:18pm

Member No: #1
My C4 and both C6's have never burnt any oil or needed a top up between oil changes.

Don't waste your money on expensive additives which, BTW Citroen do say not to add to their modern engines.
Website
gmerry   
Mon May 05 2014, 06:49pm
Member No: #21
There's an open access Lube Oil Testing and Qualification system in operation in Europe: its called ACEA.

Any manufacturer of additives can submit formulated products, with their additives, and subject the lube to a battery of internationally agreed bench and engine tests, under laboratory conditions, to get repeatable results. A typical modern high performance lube is already 5 to 15% additives, depending on the basestock and the performance required. As always, there are competing objectives in any lube oil design. The success or otherwise of the outcome needs to be objectively assessed.

Adding anything "extra" to the package is a non-scientific approach with completely unpredictable outcomes.

Note, if anyone wants to use ester base stock ACEA approved lubes, Motul make some very well regarded formulations. As always, be careful what is being compared: there are probably in excess of 20 ester compounds used (or have been used) for automotive lubricants.

However, some of the very best basestocks to be had nowadays are Gas to Liquids "synthetics".
Regards
G
e3steve   
Tue May 06 2014, 06:24am
Member No: #1163
I've had my C6 2.7HDi for a year and covered 11k miles; I've never needed to top up the oil; it has not used a drop and now shows 97,000 miles.

I recently carried out my first oil change: I ran it for a week with a "flush" mix, having drained the system and changed the filter, comprising five litres of good quality Volvo Penta 15W/40 and half a litre of ATF. That's now been drained, filter changed again and refilled with Comma Pro-Tech, low-SAPS 5W/30.

The gearbox, incidentally, has undergone two 3-litre "changes" in the past four weeks. I shall do a couple more over the next month or so. I'm using Comma ASW.
Tjensen   
Tue May 06 2014, 12:40pm
Member No: #954
I confess to having used additives in all my cars, except C6, and have a good feeling for some of them. Additives in the LHM saved my XM/Diravi for two extra years.

I think oil quality is well thought out for our C6's and will keep to recommendations, more or less. Started with Comma Pro-Tech, but last time i used Mobil 1 ESP Formula 5-30 (ACEA C2 and C3) , have used Mobil 1 since the 1970's. If I get good advice I might consider ACEA C1 or C4 oils as well.Additives makes me afraid of damage to the particle filter system and the EGR's

With such a thin oil as 5-30 some consumption is OK, I think I use 1 liter/20 000 km. (3,0 Hdi 60 000 km)
Smarty2   
Tue May 06 2014, 05:13pm
I know there is a healthy skepticism towards my recommendation but the scientist that discovered it is no snake oil merchant - Click Here -
And my own personal experience using it in my engine has been a very positive one.9100 does not "alter" the host oil in any way what it does do however is coat all the metal surfaces with nano sized boron particles.
Jodyone   
Tue May 06 2014, 07:26pm
Member No: #1240
I think gmerry wins this bout by smackdown! Smarty2- buy a C6, you'll love it! But it's a complicated enough car already, without additives and modifications and so on. There'll be enough fiddling to do to keep your curiosity sated, just in maintaining it...!
Jodyone   
Tue May 06 2014, 07:29pm
Member No: #1240
e3steve wrote ...

The gearbox, incidentally, has undergone two 3-litre "changes" in the past four weeks. I shall do a couple more over the next month or so. I'm using Comma ASW.

Me too. I'm on two changes and going for the third soon, Comma ASW also.
Smarty2   
Tue May 06 2014, 08:39pm
Jodyone wrote ...

I think gmerry wins this bout by smackdown! Smarty2- buy a C6, you'll love it! But it's a complicated enough car already, without additives and modifications and so on. There'll be enough fiddling to do to keep your curiosity sated, just in maintaining it...!

Each to their own, if I do drop on one I will have no hesitation in using it in any engine! Experience counts for everything in my experience! So me and gmerry will just have to agree to disagree.
I know I will love it Jodyone, I fell in love with the C6 as soon as she was released, love at first sight in fact!
Tjensen   
Wed May 07 2014, 09:53am
Member No: #954
There is a long history of extreme-low friction additives. I have used some with Ok results and this is probably OK or better.

BUT: There are considerations on

1. The ultra-cleaning additive to the additive that is necesarry to get the stuff to bond to the metal

2.The heat in cylinder head migh burn the stuff to something not nice

3.The additive has a afterlife in converters, turbos, EGRs and particle filters

Old additives to older and simpler engines (Molykote, Microlon, Teflon)might not worry about 3. above.

But in our "Lion" engines this is very important. So I think I keep away..
Smarty2   
Wed May 07 2014, 05:31pm
Tjensen wrote ...

There is a long history of extreme-low friction additives. I have used some with Ok results and this is probably OK or better.

BUT: There are considerations on

1. The ultra-cleaning additive to the additive that is necesarry to get the stuff to bond to the metal

2.The heat in cylinder head migh burn the stuff to something not nice

3.The additive has a afterlife in converters, turbos, EGRs and particle filters

Old additives to older and simpler engines (Molykote, Microlon, Teflon)might not worry about 3. above.

But in our "Lion" engines this is very important. So I think I keep away..

I understand your concerns, but I think some here are comparing Archoil with snake oil/teflon/zinc whatever, it isn't. - Click Here -
C6Dave   
Wed May 07 2014, 06:52pm

Member No: #1
Smarty2, you have your opinion, others have another and were not going to agree so further discussion is somewhat pointless
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club