Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Hattershaun   
Thu Jun 09 2016, 07:12pm
Member No: #320
Looking at Citroen Servic just now;
7013EL undertray retails for £161.73 +VAT
6999GG fitting kit retails for £23.12 +VAT
Plus fitting time, which you, d think would be zero as part of a service when it needs to be removed anyhow.
The undertray part number is only for 2.7 and 2.2 engines. Part numbers are different for the two 3.0 engines.

keithc   
Fri Oct 28 2016, 02:43pm
Member No: #2584
I've bit the bullet and have just ordered the OEM undertray and fitting kit, I'm being charged Eur 165 +VAT for the tray and no price yet on the fitting kit. Will keep ye updated. Decided on the OEM one as I want the correct protection and soundproofing it gives and not have the hassle of soundproofing and trying to fit the ebay one only to be disappointed with it.
321dave   
Fri Oct 28 2016, 03:10pm
Member No: #614
keithc wrote ...

I've bit the bullet and have just ordered the OEM undertray and fitting kit, I'm being charged Eur 165 +VAT for the tray and no price yet on the fitting kit. Will keep ye updated. Decided on the OEM one as I want the correct protection and soundproofing it gives and not have the hassle of soundproofing and trying to fit the ebay one only to be disappointed with it.

That's a good price Keith for the tray. Good idea as well to get the fitting kit as some of the retaining clip/screws need to be correct in length or they just fall away at the next pothole. The EBay ones seem to be smaller and fall off easily.

I think I passed you earlier today on the N11 near Stillorgan.
keithc   
Fri Oct 28 2016, 03:13pm
Nope wasn't me you saw! I work in Newbridge, was no where near Stillorgan!
321dave   
Fri Oct 28 2016, 03:16pm
keithc wrote ...

Nope wasn't me you saw! I work in Newbridge, was no where near Stillorgan!

Oh Sorry, it was a very nice black C6 anyway, very clean as well. Showroom condition!! I felt like immediately washing mine!
gmerry   
Fri Oct 28 2016, 05:59pm
Member No: #21
Hi Dave, the undertray fasteners that fall out and give the most trouble are the rearmost ones.

I've gone the way of the latest Citroen models by installing fixed M8 studs and attach the tray to them, with penny washers and nylocs.

regards
G
cruiserphil   
Fri Oct 28 2016, 06:11pm

Member No: #38
Interestingly G, the 3.0HDi uses a combination of bolts and the existing fixings. The bolts thread into a nylon "nut" in the subframe!

321Dave - it's the downside of aerodynamic cars. The lower the drag the easier they pick up dirt! As a comparison, you know my 1982 Landcruiser, not particularly aerodynamic!! Recently I drove from Dungarvan to home in it in torrential rain. Looking at it the following day, you'd reckon I had washed it. It was spotless!

Best regards,

Phil C.
e3steve   
Fri Oct 28 2016, 07:34pm
Member No: #1163
321dave wrote ...

...some of the retaining clip/screws need to be correct in length or they just fall away at the next pothole. The EBay ones seem to be smaller and fall off easily.
It's the four (buttons) across the front edge, Dave, that are longer as they must penetrate the main panel and the smaller, separate one beneath the cooling fans.

All of the snap-in clip receivers that fit into the thicker aluminium subframes' members are deeper also, in order to allow for the extra thickness of said alloy.
321dave   
Sat Oct 29 2016, 06:44am
e3steve wrote ...

321dave wrote ...

...some of the retaining clip/screws need to be correct in length or they just fall away at the next pothole. The EBay ones seem to be smaller and fall off easily.
It's the four (buttons) across the front edge, Dave, that are longer as they must penetrate the main panel and the smaller, separate one beneath the cooling fans.

All of the snap-in clip receivers that fit into the thicker aluminium subframes' members are deeper also, in order to allow for the extra thickness of said alloy.

Thanks G, Phil and Steve. After all the advice about the snap in clips, I decided to go and check the current state of the almost new under-tray. I've noticed since last weekends NCT test, I thought I was hearing a type of slapping reverb noise as I was driving, I had 4 snap in clips missing! All the front clips were gone out and one to the rear was missing. I'd say you guys were all spot on!

I think G's idea of fitting bolts in place of some of the snap on clips as Phil describes are now fitted to the 3.0hdi model is a very good idea. The undertray is all of year old from new and it's already showing signs of scratching and rubbing marks in the middle section.
gmerry   
Sat Oct 29 2016, 05:04pm
Member No: #21
Hi Steve.I drilled and tapped the alloy subframe (low stress area) and then screwed in M8 hex headed ss setscrews from above. I needed to reach in from the sides to insert the setscrews and tighten then with a spanner.

Thereafter I have solid dependable fasteners. I did this after replacing all the hardware with correct new hardware and still having a few problems.

regards
G
onthecut   
Sat Oct 29 2016, 10:26pm
Member No: #2793
Having just got to the end (I hope) of the initial set of works to the new toy, I have just been refitting the undertray. One of the main things I noticed was the foremost section which butts up to the bumper had been rubbing on one of the fan blades. I guess this is due to being off before and being refitted in too high a position.

This first and second section of the undertray seems the most Mickey Mouse part of the car. The main section didn't strike me as too bad; I replaced any of the missing engagement clips and that all went back without too much grief.

By contrast, we have a Monaro in the household. Solid steel undertray held on by four 19mm (or thereabouts) bolts. Kangaroo proof. That's the way to do it !

Mike.
keithc   
Tue Nov 15 2016, 05:06pm
So I put my new undertray on over the weekend and all went fine. Having an original tray and the fitting kit made it an easy job. I have to say it has quietened the engine noise in the car so along with having the 'bay protected it can only be classed as a job worth doing!
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club