Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

First day: C6 2.7 HDI V6 Lignage 2007

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
simonpj   
Thu Mar 20 2014, 08:51pm
Member No: #1631
It was only last weekend that my wife and daughters told me that they thought the car to replace our ageing BMW 5 series estate should be a C6. They had fallen in love with a C6 that they see every week outside their piano teacher's house.

I couldn't quite believe my luck, having had big Citroens in the past, and having become resigned to the fact that those days were over. We'd even had one ill-fated experience when I rented a CX Prestige from Andrew Brodie's about ten years ago as the first step to finding the 'perfect' CX. Sod's Law saw the alternator of that CX fail when we were on a long journey on a freezing winter day - so from then on big Citroen's were a big no-no in our house.

So I eagerly started looking for a C6 last weekend. A 2007 2.7 HDI Lignage with only 39,000 miles looked like a good possibility. We went to see it today and drove it away.

It's looks gorgeous in Mauritius Blue, and it's got the NaviDrive and JBL sound options which take it most of the way to an Exclusive.

I grew more and more impressed by the car as we drove the seventy miles home. Having come from a BMW 540i Touring with M-Sport suspension it was a wonderful change to glide and waft along without the crashes and bangs I've become accustomed to. I was expecting the low speed ride around town to be less impressive - having read that in several of the road tests, and remembering that that our XM estate used to bang and crash over bad roads much more than my CX. But even over ridges and potholes in town driving the car sounded remarkably quiet and serene.

Above all, though, it was wonderful to be transported back to a driving experience that felt very CX-like. That incredible feeling of gliding over the road unaffected by its irregularities, and yet firmly in control. I wish it had DIRAVI, but on that first drive today the self-centring felt quite strong, making dual-carriageway driving so relaxing.

I took my daughters for a quick spin this evening. To them, of course, the C6 is so much cooler than the booring BMW. And having them in the car gave me a good excuse to take the car up to the top and back down to the bottom on the suspension.

So. Very happy so far, and fingers crossed for the future.

Simon
simonpj   
Thu Mar 20 2014, 09:07pm
And I meant to say, thanks for the advice and encouragement I got here when I posted about my plans to jump in and get a C6 earlier this week. I wouldn't have felt as confident about making the plunge if I hadn't found this resource.

Simon
artisan100   
Thu Mar 20 2014, 10:11pm
Member No: #1625
Ah, so you went for the one at Arbury, Leamington? I phoned about it earlier this weeek and they said they had someone coming to test drive it on Saturday, so perhaps you beat him to it. I hope it all works out for you.
simonpj   
Thu Mar 20 2014, 10:45pm
Yes - that's right - Arbury, Leamington. I'm very happy so far. Very interested to see how things pan out!

All the best for your hunt.

Simon
jacktherev   
Fri Mar 21 2014, 07:45pm
Member No: #1423
Simon put a few pics of it on so that we can see it please.
simonpj   
Sat Mar 22 2014, 03:56pm
Hi Jack. Yes - I'll get some photos up as soon as it's had a good polish. Best, Simon

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club