New C6 owner from New Zealand

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
FraserG   
Thu May 19 2016, 09:29pm
Member No: #2011
That is sad.

I replaced my starter motor this month and expected a two week wait for parts but Citroen NZ had three on the shelf!

Last weekend I enjoyed a round trip to Napier from Auckland to run the Half Marathon with the whole family aboard (5) and Celeste our C6 was magnificent. The long uphill sections from Napier towards Taupo and the slower traffic were dispatched effortlessly.

Every drive in my C6 is a pleasure.

The new Mustangs look like fun and are certainly good value. I hope you enjoy it with it's limitations.

Trainman   
Fri May 20 2016, 12:49am

Member No: #86
Jasper,

Good luck with the Mustang, I see a couple everyday on my way to work......
NZC6   
Fri May 20 2016, 06:06am
Member No: #1629
Fraser the starter motor was not a two week wait but the suspension bits, coolant hose and EQR valve were. Whoever buys the car will get a good deal I reckon as it has had a lot of the common C6 issues properly fixed. Oh well.
Trainman - fun is definitely a perfect description of the mustang. Very different to the C6 - I already miss the sublime ride quality of the Citroen but the mustang V8 roar and power is very addictive.
ul9601   
Sat May 21 2016, 12:50am
Member No: #1975
May I ask where you did the trade-in?
Do you still have all the docs by any chance or did they go with the car?
Cheers
Sam
NZC6   
Sat May 21 2016, 03:05am
Hi Sam
Traded it in at Team Hutchison Ford Christchurch. I left everything with the car. I have no interest in talking up the car as I don't own it anymore so if interested you can ask me questions. I have had quite a bit done over the 2 years including new alternator, starter, suspension bits, the cruise control was fixed, both EQR valves have been replaced, thermostat tank replaced, coolant hose replaced. All done properly under autosure insurance by Euromarque in Christchurch who used to be the local Citroen dealers. It's done almost 105,000km. It would be nice to think it went to a good home that appreciated it.
It has an interesting history. I was told it was brought into New Zealand new as a trial car for the ministerial fleet. Unfortunately it lost out to the BMW 7 series. It would have been quite a sight seeing John Key and his ministers being driven round in C6s!!
gmerry   
Sat May 21 2016, 08:16am
Member No: #21
If it was an HDi Diesel, I suspect the "EQR" were actually "EGR", Exhaust Gas Recirculation, valves.

Cheers
G
NZC6   
Sat May 21 2016, 08:54am
Yes you are right G got my letters muddled up.
ul9601   
Sat May 21 2016, 09:51am
Member No: #1975
I'll PM you - I might miss out on it though as I'll be away overseas for a month...
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club