Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: Owners Reviews and Road Tests :: C6 owners and drivers reviews

5 years down.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
Leo   
Tue Mar 11 2014, 09:50am
Member No: #94
Hi all,

This month marks the end of my fifth year with GF 08 HNK. Around 45,000 miles covered. Little to report really. Four replacement tyre valves (ordinary type), one ball joint and a Differential Pressure Sensor in the exhaust are the only non-routine maintenance items required. Other than that, a fast, comfortable and stylish way to get around. About 32 MPG overall, which is fine for such a big car. Very pleased with this car and looking forward to the next five years use.

Leo.
artisan100   
Fri Mar 21 2014, 07:01am
Member No: #1625
Leo,

Have you achieved that mpg figure over the full 45,000 miles? The reason I ask is that I have an 1800cc petrol Insignia and I'm not a quick driver and over the entire 15,000 miles I've driven in the past 2 years my average is 32.3mpg. I can obviously get more than that on a motorway, but that figure includes some town driving as well as ambling along country roads. I was using the risk of poor mpg from the much bigger engine as an excuse for not changing the Insignia for a C6, but it looks as though you may have just destroyed that!

Geoff
Leo   
Fri Mar 21 2014, 02:16pm
Member No: #94
Geoff

Yes, about 32 mpg over the 45K miles in mixed driving. I am not a fast driver, the car rarely has a full load and I keep the tyre pressures as per manufactures guidance. Just watch the expensive VED on the 2.7 HDI.

Leo
gmerry   
Fri Mar 21 2014, 03:34pm
Member No: #21
Leo, similar story for me in terms of years and miles but maybe I have slightly more issues (replaced ball joints x 2, rear wishbone bush, tyre valves by choice, battery, suspension spheres and normal filters). Overall pretty good!
Regards
G
artisan100   
Sat Mar 22 2014, 06:57am
Member No: #1625
Leo, that 32mpg over 45000 miles impresses me. Thanks for confirming it.
As for the road fund licence (or whatever it's called these days) I agree it's steep on the 2.7, but unfortunately there's nothing that can be done to reduce it. Perhaps I'd have to have a 'grin box' in the C6 instead of a swear box, and each time I went over a particularly poor bit of road surface and didn't loose a dental filling I'd just grin and put another 10p in the box. Then, once a year, there should be more than enough to cover the extra road fund.

Geoff
ChrisHunter   
Sun Mar 23 2014, 09:09pm
Member No: #188
ours has done a bit over 70k miles, and averaged 33.3mpg - mix of motorway (maybe 50%) and A-roads & country lanes & town (about equally), and we make good use of its capabilities, no hanging back ... one lower ball joint, another coming up, plus an over-'tank ABS connector, being all that's gone wrong ... v.recently it's started being a bit unrefined after starting from cold, but it's fine once warm, a mile or two down the road - unrefined meaning that response to gently pressing the accelerator pedal can a bit like the engine mounts have gone soft - only it's fine after a few minutes ...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club