C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

Insufficient volume using iPod/aux

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Julian   
Sat Mar 08 2014, 11:21am
Member No: #1346
Now this may have been discussed before, in which case, my apologies...
Connecting my iPod Classic using the aux cable, even with the volume cranked up on the iPod, the volume on the head unit must be set at maximum for a reasonable (but a bit on the quiet side) level.
No, I am neither deaf nor a drums & bass aficionado...
C6Dave   
Sat Mar 08 2014, 11:54am

Member No: #1
The Aux function is not great. The USB upgrade using MiraScripts and a dedicated cable works fine for me and others.

There is a thread on it.
Website
Julian   
Sat Mar 08 2014, 12:16pm
What is the thread called, Dave? Or better still, a link to it...
I did start wading through some of the posts.
Now, how do I play cassettes?
Jodyone   
Sat Mar 08 2014, 01:59pm
Member No: #1240
As yours probably has a Navidrive RT3 like mine, there's no way of installing the Mirascripts and so on. (RT3 uses a CD for the satnav, whereas RT4 has a hard disk for maps and music).

I found a mini headphone amp like this FiiO E06: - Click Here - works well, except you have to remember to turn it on and off and charge it periodically.
Julian   
Sat Mar 08 2014, 02:29pm
Thank you. I have ordered one. Now does anyone know if one can obtain a USB lead that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket? It seems to be too deeply recessed to use the lead I used to use in the C5...
Jodyone   
Sat Mar 08 2014, 04:12pm
Julian wrote ...

Thank you. I have ordered one. Now does anyone know if one can obtain a USB lead that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket? It seems to be too deeply recessed to use the lead I used to use in the C5...

I'm sure such leads exist, but I prefer usb lighter sockets, that leave your options a bit more open- I've replaced all my lighters with them. Then use ordinary cables. The slim ones fit neatly and look discreet. Tip- choose 2.1 Amp ones which will also charge iPads and other tablets!
C6Dave   
Sat Mar 08 2014, 06:01pm

Julian wrote ...

Now does anyone know if one can obtain a USB lead that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket? It seems to be too deeply recessed to use the lead I used to use in the C5...

I have one in the front lighter socket and the top sits flush with the console, can't remember where I got it though.....

EDIT: just been to the car, it's a 'Griffin Power Jolt' - lots on the web, just make sure it's not one with the iPhone charger cable coming out of the side as it won't go in.....
Website
Julian   
Sat Mar 08 2014, 07:30pm
Would it be this:
- Click Here -
or this:
- Click Here -
Jodyone   
Sat Mar 08 2014, 07:41pm
For more than you ever wanted to know on car chargers read this!

- Click Here -

Apart from that- be wary of thick chargers such as the second one you link to, the sockets in a C6 are deep and narrow. Only slimmer ones fit. I think I've got one of these, I'll check tomorrow:

- Click Here -
Julian   
Sat Mar 08 2014, 08:33pm
Thanks - I think I might have one too - used one last year in the C5 so that the children could charge their various electronic devices that kept them occupied while driving through boring France and Spain...
C6Dave   
Sun Mar 09 2014, 08:35am

C6Dave wrote ...

EDIT: just been to the car, it's a 'Griffin Power Jolt' - lots on the web, just make sure it's not one with the iPhone charger cable coming out of the side as it won't go in.....

Your 1st link is the one I said not to get.......
Website
Julian   
Tue Mar 11 2014, 03:54pm
Well, having visited Halfords and discovered that none of their USB/lighter adapters were long enough, I went to Maplins where I obtained one which might have been purpose built for the job -
- Click Here -
twin powered USB sockets - one for the iPod and the other for the headphone amplifier - I can now hear the music!
Thank you to everyone for their assistance and advice.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club