BlackVeu dashcamera.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
egegron   
Sun Feb 02 2014, 06:00pm
Member No: #1406
hi.
Can i hardwire Power Magic pro in my C6? Can i use the fusebox, or do i have to wire it direct to the battery?
diyjoke   
Tue Mar 11 2014, 02:10am
Member No: #354
Hi, can't see any reason why you can't hardwire this piece of kit, from the battery or via the fusebox. But hang on, I'm no expert - you'll find plenty of people here who are.

Fusebox at the front of the car may be simpler without having to pass a length of wire through the whole car. Just need to find a constant live - friend of mine uses a pin connected to a meter and earth and pokes tiny holes in the various wires to find the necessary live.

I've thought about one of these devices too but opted for a through-power (charge in and supply out at the same time) device instead.

Let us know what route you opted for and good luck.

Regards,
Martin
C6Dave   
Tue Mar 11 2014, 07:57am

Member No: #1
If your only using it with the engine on i.e. no economy mode, then you could take a spur off the cigarette lighter socket?

Or on the back of the radio there should be a red and yellow cable, one is a switched live and one a permanent live.
Website
egegron   
Sat Mar 15 2014, 07:14pm
Member No: #1406
Tnx for answer. I have wierd it from the fusebox in the back, because i got 2 cameras, 1 in fron and 1 back. The Power Magic cut the power when the battery is dovn to 11,8 v. So there is no problem with starting the car.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club