C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Windscreen wiper control ...

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ChrisHunter   
Sat Jan 25 2014, 11:56pm
Member No: #188
these days, many parts are common to many cars ...

so, with English rain being clearly quite different to French rain ...

we wondered if there might be a drop-in substitute for the one used in the C6, that would allow us to reduce the frequency of wipes - both the slow & intermittent settings are at least twice as fast as would like, and the fast setting is so fast we worry about the blades going missing ...

variable adjustment, would be nice ...

???

C6Dave   
Sun Jan 26 2014, 07:57am

Member No: #1
I find with mine that keeping the blades clean (wipe with screen wash once a week or so) and the screen clean around the sensor that in 'Auto' mode the wipers adjust themselves nicely to the conditions.

If they occasionally get'confused' just switching them out of auto back to slow then off resets them.
Website
magicands   
Sun Jan 26 2014, 01:10pm
Member No: #1021
Mine are like the airport ground crew with the paddles trying to direct traffic, up, down & side to side but they sort it out in the end
Website
JPV   
Sun Jan 26 2014, 06:04pm
Member No: #606
Ours are to clever for their own good, so have to keep manually initiating a single wipe. It is the most irritating feature on the car, OH for a simple intermittent wipe as in a 60's Ford.
C6Dave   
Sun Jan 26 2014, 07:44pm

Just nudge the control up to slow setting once, job done
Website
magicands   
Mon Jan 27 2014, 12:04pm
Member No: #1021
Yes Dave, I tend to flick mine onto intermittent wipe when it gets on my nerves, which, to be honest doesn't take too long these days !!!!
Website
Tjensen   
Mon Jan 27 2014, 01:39pm
Member No: #954
I am very pleased with the automatic setting, almost never use the other settings.
Rog   
Mon Jan 27 2014, 05:01pm
Tjensen wrote ...

I am very pleased with the automatic setting, almost never use the other settings.

Hopefully not the kiss of death, but I never have!
drummond   
Mon Jan 27 2014, 05:37pm
Member No: #238
I used to have a CX, and I added an aftermarket switch to the wipers which gave whatever you wanted the wipers to do (within reason...) trouble is, I cannot remember where it came fróm. One of the classic car outlets, but where?
C6Dave   
Mon Jan 27 2014, 07:13pm

drummond wrote ...

I used to have a CX, and I added an aftermarket switch to the wipers which gave whatever you wanted the wipers to do (within reason...) trouble is, I cannot remember where it came fróm. One of the classic car outlets, but where?

But the CX doesn't have a Multiplexed, Can Bus system, wiring system, does it Tim?
Website
drummond   
Tue Jan 28 2014, 07:38am
Member No: #238
No, Dave!

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club