C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Instrument lights ...

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
ChrisHunter   
Thu Jan 16 2014, 10:00pm
Member No: #188
noticed this evening, on the way home, that our car does have lights in the ashtray & in the switches for suspension & transmission adjustments (up down sport snow) ...

not sure why not noticed this before ...

also has the ambient lighting in the doors ...

firmware was brought up to date when the front spheres were replaced, 'though not sure that's relevant ...

NB: we should also have replaced the third front sphere - it's beginning to roll about like a ship at sea (well, not quite that bad, but SWMBO is beginning to notice it's not quite right) !
speedfix   
Thu Jan 16 2014, 11:54pm
Member No: #1043
Worth a check to make sure the steering angle sensor is ok
drummond   
Fri Jan 17 2014, 08:06am
Member No: #238
Yeah, my car has lights in the middle, too- ignore my previous post..
ChrisHunter   
Fri Jan 17 2014, 08:41am
third sphere was down a bit, in pressure, so seems likely has gone further - will check sensors, too ...
magicands   
Fri Jan 17 2014, 12:13pm
Member No: #1021
I wish I'd not read this thread as I have no lighting in my ashtray, no ambient door lighting and no switch lighting on sport and suspension buttons.
It must be a wiring glitch that I am suffering from!!
Website
smihaialex   
Sun Jan 19 2014, 01:07am
Member No: #1031
Or just blown bulbs

Or both

Or a blown fuse

On the C4 if the ashtray bulb burns out, the headlight height adjustment stops working

Cheers,
Sam
magicands   
Sun Jan 19 2014, 07:12pm
Member No: #1021
Not lamps as I changed the ashtray for a new lamp and replaced the switches for suspension and sport mode at a cost of £90
Website
Stealth   
Mon Jan 20 2014, 05:53am
Member No: #986
I've got illumination in all those places but would suggest the following theories might explain why you haven't noticed you do before Chris.

Let me see...

1. You don't smoke so you have no business with your ashtray at night
2. Your suspension and gearbox modes are displayed in front of you on the instrument panel so you don't need to consult the centre console
3. The ambient door lighting is only particularly noticeable when its pitch dark outside, and the instrument brightness is at full strength, and you remember to take your eyes off the road to check (then it's very noticeable)
4. If you were adjusting your cruising altitude, you'd be consulting the main display (after a quick look at the centre console buttons) but if you don't often drive at night...

How'd I go?
ChrisHunter   
Tue Jan 21 2014, 09:50pm
yep, could be, 'though ISTR looking more carefully awhile back ...

the lighting is quite subtly arranged, so when it's not fully dark outside, some of it is easily missed ...
C6Dave   
Wed Jan 22 2014, 08:33am

Member No: #1
I had a look at mine last night whilst out and the buttons are illuminated, but just. It needs to be very dark out to see them.

I did however easily manage to operate them by 'feel' without taking my eyes off the road so personally, don't see why it's worth investing a lot of time and effort or money to fix the non working button or 'mood' lights.
Website
verycleverman   
Thu Jan 23 2014, 01:34pm
Member No: #65
I sat in the car in a dark car park last night whilst my wife had an interview for a job at a brewery and took the opportunity to a)read the owner's manual and b) check out some of the lighting. I discovered that I do have ambient lighting and the switches do illuminate but I didn't check the ashtray as I had forgotten about it! However, I won't be cheering about it because as I previously stated, it doesn't matter. what I did discover was that the brightness of the ambient lighting is adjusted by the two switches to the right of the screen.

Now I just hope the wife gets the job!

Pete.
gmerry   
Thu Jan 23 2014, 03:44pm
Member No: #21
There must be a joke in there somewhere about sitting in the dark after visting a brewery and seeing lights, or the northern illuminations, or somethink...

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club