Non Functioning Heater Blower

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Leo   
Tue Jan 14 2014, 03:50pm
Member No: #94
Hi Dave,

Yes, it is a big car to manoeuvre when in a tight space - pays not to ignore the parking sensors!

Hope your luck turns good soon.

Leo
C6Dave   
Wed Jan 15 2014, 07:04pm

Member No: #1
Leo wrote ...

Yes, it is a big car to manoeuvre when in a tight space - pays not to ignore the parking sensors!

But it was the long serving Service Manager that did it........

Anyway today he confirmed that I was correct and that the headlight also needs replacing at a cool £1,040.00 so those ones on ebay (not the correct side for mine I'm afraid) are a real bargain guys so don't let them slip away........
Website
C6Dave   
Thu Jan 16 2014, 10:19am

C6Dave wrote ...

Anyway today he confirmed that I was correct and that the headlight also needs replacing at a cool £1,040.00 so those ones on ebay (not the correct side for mine I'm afraid) are a real bargain guys so don't let them slip away........

Hm not so big a bargain as it's only the headlight shell which has a few scratches on it, no bulb or ballast etc. so if your thinking of bidding........ - Click Here -
Website
C6Dave   
Fri Jan 17 2014, 01:41pm

Well finally got to the bottom of the damaged bumper, it was hit by a van going into the workshop........

They have painted it but........ It's cracked inside the engine bay so needs a new bumper at a cost of £1,000. Add that to the cost of a headlight etc. etc. it's an expensive mistake.

BTW when I looked at the paint finish I told them that it wasn't acceptable anyway as it was 'orange peel' like and the new bumper must not be like that or they will get it to do again.
Website
C6Dave   
Thu Mar 27 2014, 05:01pm

over 2 months down the line and the car is now repaired as I collected it today.

It took from January until the end of last week to get a new headlight from Citroen in France........

BTW watch out on eBay for the old headlamp as the garage are trying to recoup some of the costs

Website
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club