Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

Navidrive update & HUD

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
james_r_wilson   
Tue Nov 07 2017, 06:48pm
Member No: #627
I have recently updated the maps and firmware to version 8.31 and since then the HUD no longer shows the navigation directions in the windscreen. I can't see any menu options to fix this...any ideas?
C6Dave   
Tue Nov 07 2017, 07:05pm

Member No: #1
Dashboard, lower right side near the door is where the HUD controls are.
Website
james_r_wilson   
Tue Nov 07 2017, 08:45pm
Those controls now only allow you to select the navigation display option, the entire negation array lights briefly to confirm the command, but it does't seem to be getting a feed from the head unit any more. Only since the update to 8.31. Have they sold me the wrong firmware?
Tjensen   
Tue Nov 07 2017, 11:56pm
Member No: #954
The latest update 8.31 enclosed in the box of new 2016 maps introduced a picture of a C5 in the suspension menu and the built-in telephone stopped working. Maybe some of the newest version has some C6 problems ? Also the opening screen with engine temperatures and TPMS, the climate screen and the front sensors stops working. Need to be re-enabled with Lexia even if new installation/update with the right disc (the Citroen update disc) is done.
C6Dave   
Wed Nov 08 2017, 08:41am

james_r_wilson wrote ...

Only since the update to 8.31. Have they sold me the wrong firmware?

Daft question, but you did try and move the display up and down?

It is possible to adjust it to high so it disappears off the windscreen when sat in the drivers seat and you can also increase/decrease the brightness.

I bought a genuine firmware disc from Citroen and have no HUD issue after installing it BTW. I don't use anything that comes with the maps, especially 'copies' from fleabay.
Website
james_r_wilson   
Wed Nov 08 2017, 06:15pm
Thanks, I'll get another disc from a more reputable source(!) It's strange that it seems fine in every other respect, perhaps there are different issues for different models?
katje1   
Thu Feb 27 2020, 06:15am
Member No: #4266
hello,

i am having the same problem, have you solve dis problem?

thanks
Tjensen   
Fri Feb 28 2020, 12:07pm
Member No: #954
Not this problem, but a series of other problems after installing 8.31 from the latest colletion of map discs. Many C6 special features disappears and must be revoked with Lexia. This does not happen if I use "original Citroen" 8.31 disc. Recommended.

But: Todays problem is that the whole system is stuck in "20%" reinstallation/HDD disc check. It is so stuck that the screen is still there after I switch off engine and reappears in the same stubborn way after diconnecting/reconnecting battery and applying the BSI restart procedure.
What to do ?
JohnB   
Sun Mar 08 2020, 11:07am
Member No: #1968
Hi. I recently updated software with a cheapish 8.31 disk and lost various functions including, oddly, ability to adjust temperature, and a picture of. C5 when I change suspension height. I bought the £129 disk direct from Citroen, in the hope this would sort them out, but all the same issue. I don’t have access to a Lexia, so any ideas? It’s a 2010 2.2 automatic Exclusive. Thanks.
C6Dave   
Sun Mar 08 2020, 12:47pm

JohnB wrote ...

I bought the £129 disk direct from Citroen, in the hope this would sort them out, but all the same issue. I don’t have access to a Lexia, so any ideas? It’s a 2010 2.2 automatic Exclusive. Thanks.

The Disc part number: 96 792 425 80 was only around £5.00 from Citroen last time I bought one so why were you charged £129?
Website
JohnB   
Sun Mar 08 2020, 03:12pm
Member No: #1968
It was the full map update.
C6Dave   
Sun Mar 08 2020, 06:32pm

JohnB wrote ...

It was the full map update.

Ah, explains things.
Website
Garfield   
Sun Mar 08 2020, 07:18pm
Member No: #4234
So a copy is dangerous but an original disk is fine? My C6 is also 7.xx now and i have acces to a genuine Citroen 8.31 disk at the garage who did my engine swap, so i can upgrade safely or...? I was planning to do it tomorrow so what is the verdict?

Also i think there is a way to change the picture, see below and YT link, but could be an external box..

- Click Here -

Also when someone updates to the use of an original C6 screen for use with a miracast box and sets the speedlimit form 5 kp/h to 225 kp/h with mirascript, there is an option to make a backup, maybe it is possilble to extract this copy/backup and restore it on the corrupted navidrive?

@C6Dave, your C6 picture is still there at the hight settings or do you also have a C5 picture now?

RTxSET.CMD

This script lets you modify the “User_com.dat” file directly on RTx device. When starting it asks you to do
a backup copy of current User_com.dat file, or, if a backup is already present, to restore it.
Backup copy is written on the internal hard disk, each time you execute a backup, the previous will be
overwritten. I suggest you to do a backup only the first time you use RTxSET, so you have the original
configuration for safely came back.
RTxSET recognizes and modifies configuration file for sw:7.02 sw:7.10 sw:7.11 sw:8.00 sw:8.10 sw:8.11
sw:8.20. The editable values are divided in sections, and have the same name used by PC program
RTXud.exe.
Here is the list:

"View/modify GENERAL section?"
"Video speed" 5 or 225. It’s the Km/h upper speed limit for video-in disabling.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club