C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

etouch (again)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Tjensen   
Thu Nov 21 2013, 10:09am
Member No: #954
The (theoretically) wonderful etouch system in C6 (from 2009/10) shoudl have the ability to call for help , even automatically in an accident.
After I got a SIM-card in the system it almost works:

-When pressing the double chevron for techical help
-It counts down to making the call
-Then it gathers information on place (longitude and latitude)
-And calls.... (but after e few seconds gives an "unseccesful" error message

Citroen Norway suggest that my car lacks something called a "BTA" box

Any information out there ? Is it hope (the system, in theory, is very good)
C6Dave   
Thu Nov 21 2013, 10:35am

Member No: #1
My understanding (from previous C6owners.org forum discussions) was that it was only available if you have the full Citroen Warranty on the car when new, 'Citroen Assist' and you then to 'subscribe' to 'Citroen Assist' annually to get the SOS system working once the 'free' period has ended.

However someone else may know better........
Website
gmerry   
Thu Nov 21 2013, 01:02pm
Member No: #21
Hi, have you checked that the system coverage includes Norway. Citroen's website should clarify.

Regards
G
C6Dave   
Thu Nov 21 2013, 01:11pm

gmerry wrote ...

Hi, have you checked that the system coverage includes Norway. Citroen's website should clarify.

Regards
G

The page gmerry refers to is - Click Here -
Website
gmerry   
Thu Nov 21 2013, 01:45pm
Hi again, according to NCAP webiste, Norway and the UK were NOT covered in 2010. Maybe they are now covered retrospectively if the vehicle details have been registed.

Looks as though you will have to ask via a Norwegian Citroen dealer.

Anyway, by 2015, it will be compulsory fit on all new vehicles in European Union

Regards
G
Tjensen   
Thu Nov 21 2013, 02:01pm
Thanks for all information. I think the key question is about the hardware. If the car (bought fram Germany, produced March 2010) has the equipment it can be included in the system (now established in Norway for some new DS versions). Does the car have a BTA box ? How would I know. Norwegian Citroen is only modertely enthusiastic, since I have bought/imported behind their backs. (But they say that I lack the hardware)
C6Dave   
Thu Nov 21 2013, 03:13pm

Check the cars build spec via the Vin?

PM it across and we can see what it throws up........
Website
gmerry   
Thu Nov 21 2013, 03:14pm
Hi again, get a copy of the build specification. Check the build date (may be 2009 for a car sold in new in 2010)
smihaialex   
Thu Nov 21 2013, 06:01pm
Member No: #1031
But what is a BTA?!?

Thanks,
Sam
Tjensen   
Fri Nov 22 2013, 12:07am

Build date 26/3 2010. BTA is a "thing" in the car that makes etouch work, according to Citroen,
gmerry   
Fri Nov 22 2013, 08:40am
Hi Tjensen, given the build date and the sale market, I think it highly unlikely that the BTA is not included in your build specification. I think the BTA is basically a built in SIM card, to guarantee that the auto dialling feature would work.

Have you thought of contacting the orginal supplying German dealer to see what they know about the original specification. My guess is that there is a configuration or registration issue that needs to be dealt with.

Regards
G
Tjensen   
Fri Nov 22 2013, 11:32am
Agree with gmerry, but dont know what to do. Dealer in Germany is not responding, Norway Citroen denies the option, and from the Citroen internet I get the impression that the car should be included in the Eur system as belonging in Norway and with some information and with some contribution from the national dealership. Get the impression that the system was advertised in Norway from 2010, but not implemented, maybe with an exception for some 2012 DS cars. But my local and very good garage have no knowledge. Have a nagging feeling that the solution is out there, somewhere...... But if I can prove that my car has the BTA box or not, I am helped a lot. Is there a database that have VIN numbers and all buld details ?
C6Dave   
Fri Nov 22 2013, 01:13pm

Factory Build Spec e mailed, but I couldn't see any mention of the eTouch/SOS system in it.
Website
smihaialex   
Fri Nov 22 2013, 08:43pm
Member No: #1031
Funny story, after reading your post I decided to try my Six's SOS button to see if it would work in Romania (because that's what we're talking about, isnt't it?!?) And, surprise, it does! A lady answered with: 'Hello Sir, what's your emergency?!?' in Romanian ) I was shocked as I didn't expect it to work, and froze for a milisecond, but then immediately appologized and everything went back to normal...

Cheers,
Sam
Tjensen   
Sat Nov 23 2013, 04:40pm
Its good news that it is working in some cars ! Then there should be hope also for mine 2010 model. But not mentioned in the build specs, so its still a little mystery. In mine, it tries to make the call after collecting position data etc, but then fails.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club