Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

replacing motor mount (anti basculating)

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
citrohanc6   
Mon Nov 11 2013, 12:35am
Member No: #329
don't know if it's an expression: anti basculating, but the lower motor mount on my 2.2 has gone south. It starts to detoriate which results in axial movements of the engine and some acoustical inconvenience.

I've done the trick on the xm once with the transmissionaxle out of the gearbox and a new neopreen mount to press into it's case, but can it be done likewise on the 6 2.2?

In other words somebody been there done that? (little chance with only four c6 2.2 owners here but nevertheless)

Can someone provide the oem number of the case and mount as sold by citroen or the item itself if sold seperately? (found c5 only)

Some French tutorials propose to replace the mount in situ. Is there a way to remove the old metal ring (dremel?) as the neopreen rubbermass can be cut-away fairly easily.

Tia, regards
Winus

C6Dave   
Mon Nov 11 2013, 09:03am

Member No: #1
I can't seem to find any engine mounts in the parts list at the moment.
Website
drummond   
Tue Nov 12 2013, 08:55am
Member No: #238
Mine is 2009, so no, not yet. Can you put the jób ón here when you've done it?
citrohanc6   
Tue Nov 12 2013, 02:43pm
ok, not shure it will be a DIY job... If so a tutorial will be posted.

After inspection, it must be possible to replace the mount without removing the axle from the gear box.
Removing the empty steel ring from it's case will be the hurdle.
On ebay are some amortiseurs that resemble the one that has to be replaced.

Okay Enough for now.
Regards
Winus

citrohanc6   
Tue Nov 12 2013, 02:51pm
is this the one?
- Click Here -
C6Dave   
Tue Nov 12 2013, 04:00pm

Member No: #1
citrohanc6 wrote ...

is this the one?
- Click Here -

That one is for the INJECTION ES9A engine.

I managed to find them all though and you can download the correct part numbers: - Click Here -

Try - Click Here - to get the correct one delivered to you
Website
cruiserphil   
Tue Nov 12 2013, 08:16pm

Member No: #38
Winus,

Looks similar to XM and Xantia. As you changed one before you probably know that the orientation of the rubber bushing is critical. I replaced the bushing on an XM mounting and fitted it randomly! But when I installed the mounting the vibrations transmitted into the bodyshell floor were fairly severe! I then checked the orientation against a Xantia I owned and saw it was different. I then corrected the bushing fitted to the XM (removed and refitted) and everything was fine.

Regards,

Phil C.
citrohanc6   
Wed Nov 13 2013, 07:27am
oh no a lot of work taking axle und hub apart again.

Can we draw the conclusion from the exploded view and the parts list - thanks Dave- that the dimensions are different from XM etc. (EM 2587 QH for instance)?
It's not clear from series of cars mentioned that it will fit in C6. The dimension required for C6 are 80x56mm. The oem numbers are 1809 41 until orga. 11283 and 1809 42 from 11284. I need the first one.

regards,
winus
gmerry   
Wed Nov 13 2013, 10:27am
Member No: #21
Hi Winus, would it be possible to destruct the bush in situ?

(make a couple of radial slits in the outer metal bush with a powered hacksaw).

Then replace the mount with a custom job, one that is not pressed into the gearbox?

Regards
G
citrohanc6   
Wed Nov 13 2013, 04:45pm
apart from that the bush is halfway destruction yeah think so and the metal ring with a dremel.
A hackensaw ok with a fine teeth blade will do.

Will this press the mount in the bracket?

Radox   
Wed Feb 03 2021, 05:02pm
Member No: #4044
Can someone tell me how many engine mounts does the 2.7 engine have and where are they located? I plan on changing them all in order to try to reduce the engine vibrations a little. Will it help?
MGmike   
Wed Feb 03 2021, 07:10pm
Member No: #3151
Radox wrote ...

Can someone tell me how many engine mounts does the 2.7 engine have and where are they located? I plan on changing them all in order to try to reduce the engine vibrations a little. Will it help?

There's three, one on the timing belt end of the engine and two at the front of the gearbox. Of these two, one is under the air intake pipes behind the radiator and one down the back of the engine near the starter motor.

The gearbox ones do fail and are expensive if you can find them.

Even if they have failed, changing them is unlikely to make any noticeable difference to engine vibrations. In my experience vibrations are caused by other problems, most notable being ignition/fuelling issues.

Start by trying the car on premium fuel. Then check the glow plugs are working properly, check the fuel pressure and have the injectors cleaned and tested.

Radox   
Thu Feb 04 2021, 01:49pm
MGmike wrote ...

Even if they have failed, changing them is unlikely to make any noticeable difference to engine vibrations. In my experience vibrations are caused by other problems, most notable being ignition/fuelling issues.

Start by trying the car on premium fuel. Then check the glow plugs are working properly, check the fuel pressure and have the injectors cleaned and tested.

How many fuel injectors does the car have? I guess six?

And what about the glow plugs? My car is a 2.7 Diesel. Aren't they needed only upon starting the car? How can they be connected to the vibrations during driving?
MGmike   
Fri Feb 05 2021, 01:27pm
Member No: #3151
Radox wrote ...

How many fuel injectors does the car have? I guess six?

And what about the glow plugs? My car is a 2.7 Diesel. Aren't they needed only upon starting the car? How can they be connected to the vibrations during driving?

well that was an important bit of information you missed out "during driving"!

Yep six injectors and six glow plugs. Glow plugs continue to run after starting for about 5mins to help with ignition while the engine is cold. They do help to smooth the idle a bit.

If the vibrations are noticeable while driving normally I would be looking at the injectors or possibly a gearbox problem.

Radox   
Mon Mar 22 2021, 08:15am
All right, I finally found time to bring the car to the dealer.

I will be changing all the engine mounts, the gearbox oil (3 litres only) and the glowplugs. Will keep you updated on the results.

They gave me the following list of parts to be changed, in connection wih the mounts:

1813G9
1846A3
1880C3
1807Z7
1813A1
1813C3
1813C5
1813E4

These are the two gearbox mounts, as well as two other elastic mounts (one of them callen "Silentblock" hehe), some brackets etc.

Can someone confirm if these are all the needed parts in order to fully renew the engine mounting, or there are some more?
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club