Diesel Particulate Filter Blocked

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Rich   
Wed Nov 06 2013, 03:07pm
Member No: #542
Hi there
The above message appeared on my screen the other day and now I have the depollution system faulty message each time i start the car and the orange engine light. As the Diesel Particulate Filter message appeared first, I assume this is the reason for the 2nd message. Is there an easy fix or is it a garage job? Just wondering if there is something I can flush through the engine.

Cheers
Rich
C6Dave   
Wed Nov 06 2013, 04:27pm

Member No: #1
It possibly needs a 'forced regeneration' to clear it: - Click Here -
Website
speedfix   
Thu Nov 07 2013, 07:15am
Member No: #1043
Before lexia doing a forced regen check for any codes other probs ie faults with a fuel cap sensor can upset the eolys being used for regen.

Make sure the eolys fluid is not below the required amount needed.

I have rarly needed a replace a blocked dpf, in the worse cases remove dpf and carefully pressure wash the particulates out, makes a bit of a black mess!

Ps, IMO don't use any snake products additives to try a cure.
Rich   
Thu Nov 07 2013, 09:24am
Member No: #542
Thanks for the great help! I will give it a go....
MurphyC6   
Tue Feb 11 2014, 12:06pm
Member No: #1573
Hi All,

I am a new owner of a 2007 2.7 C6 Exclusive, with 76700 miles on the clock, purchased end of january 2014. Traveling home after purchase check engine light came on. DPF faulty appeared on the screen.

I had looked on this site before purchaseing the car so i wasnt panicked
Im grateful for this site. Its very very helpful.
I PUT JLM clean DPF in the tank and filled up the next day and after a few day the light went off.

I got the confidence to put infineum F7995 DPF fluid in the car yesterday after looking at this site and getting a £300+ quote from main dealer.
I also bought the Diagbox update version 7.27 to reset the DPF Fluid counter but as i have never used anything like this on a car I could not find it on the software.

Can anyone guide me to the section to reset or inform the car that i have put 4 liters(£157) in or will the car figure it out by its self?

Thanks and i hope ive posted this in the right place.
C6Dave   
Tue Feb 11 2014, 01:47pm

MurphyC6 wrote ...

Can anyone guide me to the section to reset or inform the car that i have put 4 liters(£157) in or will the car figure it out by its self?

Your going to have to reset the additive ECU but I have no idea how you do that in diagbox I'm afraid (or Lexia for that matter)

The additive refill process doc simply says to reset the counter via the diagnostic tool as well - Click Here -
Website
MurphyC6   
Tue Feb 11 2014, 11:08pm
Member No: #1573
Thanks for your quick response and advise.

I will have to look again into the software.

Thanks.
Junksleeper   
Fri Feb 28 2014, 09:11pm
Member No: #1605
I've also just purchased my dream car, a 2007 exclusive with 81000 on the clock. 4 days later and one day prior to a touring holiday of Scotland in said dream motor, the service light and engine light has come on, the depollution system malfunction notice has illuminated and the car has gone into limp mode (no turbo function) I know I shouldn't panic but anyone out there got any suggestions for a newbie, i'm out of my depth here!
C6Dave   
Sat Mar 01 2014, 07:35am

It is a generic warning and it really needs the error log read to try and pinpoint where the issue is but, has the Eolys additive been topped up as far as you know, is the diesel filter clean and clear?

There the 2 obvious points to check.

It may be that the car simply needs a run for the DPF to regenerate and it may start OK this morning.........
Website
ChrisHunter   
Sun Mar 02 2014, 04:43pm
Member No: #188
when our fuel filter was blocked, trying to accelerate v.quickly resulted in the engine dropping to idle ... wait a moment or two, and normal driving was again possible ...
Junksleeper   
Tue Mar 11 2014, 09:38pm
Member No: #1605
Thanks for all the help, downloaded the forced regeneration PDF which basically seemed to guide mechanics to rev the engine at 4000 rpm for a time , then idle it and then rev at 3000rpm. It didn't state the timings so I took it to a quiet layby so as not to upset the neighbours and did it for 6 minutes at each. Banged in some JLM DPF cleaner and have had no probs since. All levels seem ok. Trip to Scotland was trouble free and a dream drive. Apologies for late reply- didn't take laptop or phone, just chilled. Great site and look forward to taking part as much as I can.
C6Dave   
Wed Mar 12 2014, 09:12am

Since I stopped using Asda diesel and have stuck to Shell (with the occasional fill with V Power Nitro), I have had no more warning messages
Website
jacktherev   
Wed Mar 12 2014, 08:14pm
Member No: #1423
A Citroen friend so mine who knows Citroens inside out and outside in told me when I got my C6 to only put Shell V Power Nitro or the similar BP one in. I must say I would not go back to using supermarket diesel and I use the best now in my Land Rover too.
ChrisHunter   
Wed Mar 12 2014, 09:40pm
Member No: #188
after using it for quite a while in the 'C6, we started using it in our 'Berlingo, too - our assumption had been that it's more mundane engine (two litre HDi) wouldn't see the benefit, but we were wrong, the difference was huge - responsiveness, quietness, general well-being, and fuel consumption ... we did have to replace its glow-plugs recently, after starting became sometimes a bit prolonged, but we've put that down to the age (over eight years) and/or the miles (77k), rather than the fuel ...
Rettopian   
Thu Mar 13 2014, 08:33am
Member No: #1195
I've just put a tankful of Esso ultimate in my C6 & it MAY be slightly smoother and more responsive but IF it is, its really small differences were talking about. (And more likely I just WANT it to feel better to justify to myself spending the extra 8p per litre!)

Mine usually runs on a mixed diet of Sainsbury's diesel & normal Esso diesel.

I've run for 22,000 miles in the last 12 months. It rarely has a run of less than 18 miles so gets properly warm, and (tempting fate) I've not had any problem with the DPF.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club