using iPhone in the new 2010 C6, RT5, 3.0l Diesel

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
tonyrome   
Sun Jun 27 2010, 12:40pm
Member No: #15
tonyrome wrote ...
Quentin, I've already checked all the seals and there appears to be nothing wrong with them. On Sunday, I will try out the air con trick mentioned and see if that makes any difference.

It doesn't!

I set the air con to recirculation for about 20 minutes whilst on the Autobahn and, even at 130km/h, there was no improvement. I then increased the speed to 220km/h and, at that speed, it's pretty loud and certainly no limo. Sounds as though it's wind rushing around the A-pillars, rather than through bad seals and, as I said before, the seals look fine to me.
C6Dave   
Sun Jun 27 2010, 01:25pm

Member No: #1
Tony I can't imagine many cars being 'quiet' with no wind noise at 136 mph, but I have never been in a car at that speed
Website
tonyrome   
Sun Jun 27 2010, 05:05pm
C6Dave wrote ...
I can't imagine many cars being 'quiet' with no wind noise at 136 mph, but I have never been in a car at that speed

Maybe but, for something promoted as a luxury car, it certainly should be at 80mph, in my opinion, and that annoys me somewhat!
alan   
Sun Jul 04 2010, 04:01pm
Member No: #24
Hi all. I joined the club in Dec 09 but this is my 1st reply so please be kind. Re the wind noise. my car is the 3L deisel exclusive finished black and cream and was bought new in Dec 09. Ihave owned 2 CX citroens previously,a 2.5L turbo 2 and a prestige.

Re the wind noise - my car was suffering wind noise at 70mph + from the front passenger window at the top right in the corner. My dealer has had 3 attempts to cure it apparently having to hire in special tools and shims from Citroen UK to carry out any adjustments. The first 2 visits did not cure the problem but the 3rd visit did.

Apparently Citroen have known of this fault and have now come up with a solution which they passed on to my Dealer.It involves some sort of re-allignment of the window gear and I now have a very quiet beautiful car

I hope my contribution is of some interest and shall write again soon re my USB story
Regards Alan
alan   
Sun Jul 04 2010, 04:38pm
Hi all - re the USB port saga. My car was brand new in Dec 09. The hand book said that my car was fitted with a USB port which is located in the central bin store under the arm rest. But quess what - it was not there. I contacted my main dealer who was equally confused and in turn they contacted citroen UK for further advise.

After some delay, Citroen UK instructed the dealer to fit a USB port free of charge to me. When I collected the car after the installation, the fitter informed me that I would not get any of the facilities to control my i-Pod as stated in the hand book as my car had a RD5 head unit and the Citroen USB port fitted was meant for a RD4 head unit and was not fully compatable with the head fitted and that there was no USB port installation available to suit the RD5 head unit.

My i pod does play through the cars system but I cannot select any recording of choice and the system just runs in random mode only.
Does any one know of an upgrade that may be available now or in the future???
Regards Alan
michaelb   
Sun Jul 04 2010, 05:51pm
Member No: #14
alan wrote ...
My i pod does play through the cars system but I cannot select any recording of choice and the system just runs in random mode only.

Same problem on mine. I can sort of accept this shortcoming because it was a two-year-old car when I bought it and although this is shameful in a current model I try to tell myself that at least I've saved money buying used.

If I was asked to put up with the same shortcomings having paid full price for a new car such as yours I would really throw my toys out of the pram. I've no idea if a software download will fix your problem put you certainly need to speak to Slough. Try their Service Manager, Mr Alan Warwick on 01753 219 222.

Please let us know how you get on.

Michael
tonyrome   
Mon Jul 05 2010, 03:10pm
alan wrote ...
Re the wind noise - my car was suffering wind noise at 70mph + from the front passenger window at the top right in the corner. My dealer has had 3 attempts to cure it apparently having to hire in special tools and shims from Citroen UK to carry out any adjustments. The first 2 visits did not cure the problem but the 3rd visit did.

Apparently Citroen have known of this fault and have now come up with a solution which they passed on to my Dealer.It involves some sort of re-allignment of the window gear

Thank you, Alan! You see, C6Dave, it wasn't me moaning - it is a fault and Citroen knew about it all along! Pity the previous owner of my car was deaf or it may have been resolved under warranty.
capt109   
Fri Jul 09 2010, 08:40pm
Member No: #47
Hi

This is the system I have in my C6 with RT4. The way the select tracks is to select the folder or playlist them plug in the iPod. This works if you select for example a batch of podcasts or select random for your music
michaelb   
Mon Jul 12 2010, 07:54pm
alan wrote ...

Apparently Citroen have known of this fault and have now come up with a solution which they passed on to my Dealer.It involves some sort of re-allignment of the window gear and I now have a very quiet beautiful car

Alan,

I'd be interested in learning more about this please. I've just done 600 kms today across France and with my new almost quiet Michelins (certainly a damn sight better than the square tyres which had been supplied with the car) the wind noise is noticeably intrusive. I tried the a/c re-circulation trick but it did nothing. In my case I think it is mainly from the A pillar.

I know I'm not imagining things when I see the missus - who has zero interest in all things motoring - trying to raise her window several times today obviously in the mistaken belief that her window wasn't fully closed.

I also know if I go back to my dealer he will probably try to tell me everything is within normal parameters. Any details you can supply to help me force the issue would be welcome. Could we have your dealer's name? It might be simpler for me to go directly there.

tia

Michael
alan   
Wed Jul 14 2010, 10:35am
Hi michaelb, my main dealer is Citroen Hoddesdon - tel no 01992 801250 - contact - Ian. He is very helpfull.

I have spoke to him on 13.07.10 regarding the C6 club and a number of members appear to be suffering with wind noise -JOKE and he looks forward to receiving your call and hopes that he can help you out.

Hope this helps all you suffers. Let me know how you get on.

alan
tonyrome   
Wed Jul 14 2010, 11:16am
Michael, if you decide to get your car looked at, let me know how much it costs to rectify.
michaelb   
Wed Jul 14 2010, 01:13pm
alan wrote ...
a number of members appear to be suffering with wind noise

Better not tell him what I ate for lunch today!

Hoddeston is probably more convenient for me than Slough. Thanks for the info I'll give him a call when I'm back in the UK.

pclark   
Thu Jul 29 2010, 04:05pm
Member No: #3
To get back to the original question in this thread about streaming Bluetooth audio from an iphone to the cars' audio system. (RT5)

While thumbing through my owners manual while sitting in trhe car waiting for an appointment this morning I noticed a section in the 'Navidrive' part of the guide about Bluetooth Audio Streaming.

It had 'Available in the year' in the heading and suggested that when the bluetooth device is paired and connected audio files on the phone can be selected and played by pressing the 'source' button on the stereo.

I tried this of course and it didn't work so I assume the RT5 will need a software update to enable it when available.
Has anyone any information on this?
tonyrome   
Thu Jul 29 2010, 05:43pm
You're the only one on the forum who has an RT5, so I doubt anyone else will have any experience of this functionality!
pclark   
Thu Jul 29 2010, 08:38pm
Member No: #3
I realise there won't be many C6 owners here with RT5 (there's at least one other - Volker, who started this thread). I was looking really for any general thoughts about how to proceed in terms of updating the software or even the system fitted to Peugeot models. I intend to consult the dealer when my car is next there (along with the daytime running lights/parking lights minor issue - see thread elsewhere).

At present I use my ipod and iphone through the 'aux' input via a 3.5mm jack to 2x phono plug lead which works ok but it would be great not to have to plug the device in and be able to control the music from the dash.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club