Login   
C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Ice / USB Box / Telephone problems

using iPhone in the new 2010 C6, RT5, 3.0l Diesel

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Top Thanked Forum Posts: Today | Week | Month | Year | All time | Most Thanks Given: To member | By user
Author Post
hans268   
Mon May 31 2010, 11:00am
Member No: #50
Hi, just picked up my C6 - it's phantastic. Can't get the grin off my face. Been on motorways, on frost-damaged roads and on mountain gravel roads. Who needs an SUV / S-class / any other car?!

Just one thing would make me even happier: I've become used to carry my iPhone everywhere and store lots of music on it. Knowing that I could use the car's hard disk, I still would like to play tunes directly from the iPod feature. I can connect the phone function via bluetooth -

TIP: international call numbers must be preceeded by "00" instead of "+", at least when calling from Austria, otherwise the car's phone number repository won't be able to place the call. dialling directly from the phone works, though.

- but I cannot play music that way. I can do that with a Philips stereo I use at home, so I guess it has nothing to do with the iphone.

I could use an FM-transmitter, but the one I used is to short to plug into the lighter sockets. The RT5 does not have a USB connector (at least, not visible), only three cinch connectors for video in the glove gox.

Thanks for you patience thus far, here's now my question:

Anyone any ideas what to do about playing iPod music on my C6?

Cheers, thanks in advance,

Volker
tonyrome   
Mon May 31 2010, 12:20pm
Member No: #15
Hi Volker, I think you are the first person on the forum to have bought the new 3 litre diesel model, so expect plenty of questions about it! How about some photos?

Re the MP3 functionality, I also assumed it would be possible to play music direct from any phone, using bluetooth. However, if you are reporting it doesn't work, it may be that the RT5 doesn't support the necessary protocols for streaming, which would be disappointing. Hope you can find a way around it.
C6Dave   
Mon May 31 2010, 12:24pm

Member No: #1
Welcome Volker. You can fit a USB BOX 9702.EZ or an XCarlink - details are here: - Click Here -
Website
hans268   
Mon May 31 2010, 01:32pm
Thanks for the responses! Concerning the new 3-liter engine: From memory of a test ride of a 2006 2.7l Diesel: Quality of buttons on steering wheel and dash seems higher. The transmission still thinks for a about a second for the best response to my kick-down. Most noticable when accelerating from stand-still. other gear changes also strike me as being very slow, power is briefly interrupted. Manual gear changes are okay for racing up Austrian mountain hairpins, though.

However, I seem to be driving MUCH faster than with my 2001 3-l 5-series Beemer. The same bend at 55 kpm I took with baited breath before feels like 30 kpm now. In wide, fast bends the steering does get stiff, just as Clarksen noted in the super car test. Again, I'm probably 30% faster than in my beemer.

I have found no interference from the front wheel drive at all yet. Totally unlike any other FWD car I have ever driven. Totally unlike an X3 I once tried.

Gravel roads are great fun, btw. Next to be tried are German motorways. Sound levels seem not existing compared to the old car, VERY quiet. Just that little bit of noise from the top rear corner of the side window. The German forum recommends setting the air conditioning to "circulate" (?) as this seems to even out the air pressure and allow the window to close properly. Academic at 70 mph, eh?

You see, nothing at all to complain about. On the contrary. THE MOST WONDERFUL CAR. I just hope that the great relaxation effect takes over from the great and expensive joy of driving insanely fast in the C6.

Volker
gmerry   
Mon May 31 2010, 04:12pm
Member No: #21
Volker, you'll have us all reaching for our chequebooks for the upgrade to 3.0L power, or a tuning chip upgrade.

Re the RT5, seems like Citroen finally got Bluetoothed on the C6.

Enjoy!!

PS, I'm guessing you were referring to the Phaeton as a comparison with the phantastic description??
michaelb   
Mon May 31 2010, 05:14pm
Member No: #14
hans268 wrote ...
The German forum recommends setting the air conditioning to "circulate" (?) as this seems to even out the air pressure and allow the window to close properly.

Welcome.

I'm curious to try this but little confused as to how it can work. Surely the window achieves the fully closed position the moment you get into the car? At that point there is no build up of air-pressure in the cabin because the car obviously isn't moving yet.

Are you saying that the pressure at autobahn speeds forces the windows open?

cheers

Michael
hans268   
Wed Jun 02 2010, 07:30pm
Actually Michael, I think you are right. Doing the routine helps a bit if the windows had been opened while driving, but obviously not in the normal condition.

Regarding noise, complaint is on a very high level. With no radio on, when can here a tiny bit of wind noise from the top corner of the driver's window at around 140kph. Not noticable with the radio on. It only gets noticable again at 180kph. Having said that, to complain about that is really quite decadent...

But everything else is just SO perfect. (Apart from the lack of iPhone conectivity. According to Citroen in Berlin, the USB box only connects to the RT3 and 4, I've got the RT. Actually, I'm coping fine with the hard drive.)
tonyrome   
Thu Jun 03 2010, 10:07am
hans268 wrote ...
Regarding noise, complaint is on a very high level. With no radio on, when can here a tiny bit of wind noise from the top corner of the driver's window at around 140kph. Not noticable with the radio on. It only gets noticable again at 180kph.

Not on my car! Wind noise is easy audible at 100km/h and loud at 130 and upwards. I need to shout to make myself heard in the rear seats at those speeds. It was the same with a 2007 Lignage I drove, so I'm pretty sure it's not just a bad seal on my car. The radio is not sufficient to drown out the noise, at least not at normal listening levels. Perhaps if I had the stereo on volume 30 but I don't want to drown out one noise by creating another noise! I want no noise, which probably means a Jaguar, a Rolls Royce or one of those noise-cancellation units
gmerry   
Thu Jun 03 2010, 11:32am
Member No: #21
Tony, Bose Noise cancellation plus Airbus A380 is a recommended combination. Dubai Sydney Dubai no problem arrived fresh, and that was in steerage.

Regards
G
hans268   
Sun Jun 06 2010, 08:54pm
hans268 wrote ...
The German forum recommends setting the air conditioning to "circulate" (?) as this seems to even out the air pressure and allow the window to close properly.

Michael wrote...

I'm curious to try this but little confused as to how it can work. Surely the window achieves the fully closed position the moment you get into the car? At that point there is no build up of air-pressure in the cabin because the car obviously isn't moving yet.

Are you saying that the pressure at autobahn speeds forces the windows open?

---

I tried the trick again, it really worked, both on the driver's and on the passenger's side. The noise was substantial at 180 kph after driving of normally with normally closed windows. I had to drop down to 140kph, warned my wife of what was going to happened, switched the air circulation to recycling, opened and closed the window - and the noise was gone - as manifested by my other half, too. Amazing. It works, so - no need to understand why. Says someone with a PhD in (experimental) physics....
tonyrome   
Mon Jun 07 2010, 08:30am
gmerry wrote ...
Bose Noise cancellation plus Airbus A380 is a recommended combination.

I'll have to look at this but I'm guessing it's very expensive?!

hans268 wrote ...
I tried the trick again, it really worked, both on the driver's and on the passenger's side. The noise was substantial at 180 kph after driving of normally with normally closed windows. I had to drop down to 140kph, warned my wife of what was going to happened, switched the air circulation to recycling, opened and closed the window - and the noise was gone

Interesting! I'm going to try this on my next trip, at the weekend, and will see if I experience the same reduction in noise. One question, though. Once the re-circulation and open/close trick has been done and the noise has dropped, if the air conditioning is returned to the normal setting, does the noise remain reduced or return?
hans268   
Mon Jun 07 2010, 09:56am
after that, it stayed alright, even when going back to 180kph.
Quentin   
Fri Jun 11 2010, 07:31pm
Member No: #141
Re: wind noise, as experienced by tonyrome.

It's not a design fault, otherwise they'd all do it, and mine most certainly doesn't. At 90 m.p.h. it's full of hush unless the road surface is bad, in which case there's some road roar.

There used to be some wind noise from the leading edge of the driver's window, but I investigated and found that the seal had been deformed inwards and upwards, probably by the door being shut with the battery flat (meaning that the window wouldn't drop on opening.) My car was second-hand and seems to have done most of its pre-Quentin miles in its extreme youth, so it must have sat around a dealer's yard for quite a while - hence the flat battery.

Anyhoo, a bit of judicious picking with a well-honed fingernail encouraged the seal back to the right place. Result: hush, as previously mentioned.

Don't know if that's helpful to anyone....?
tonyrome   
Fri Jun 11 2010, 08:18pm
Quentin, I've already checked all the seals and there appears to be nothing wrong with them. On Sunday, I will try out the air con trick mentioned and see if that makes any difference.
michaelb   
Sat Jun 12 2010, 07:53am
Member No: #14
Quentin wrote ...

Re: wind noise, as experienced by tonyrome.

It's not a design fault, otherwise they'd all do it, and mine most certainly doesn't. At 90 m.p.h. it's full of hush unless the road surface is bad, in which case there's some road roar.

We really need to meet up at a motorway service station some day and take each other on a quick motorway blast in our respective cars. Mine is certainly quieter since I changed the offending Michelins but I wouldn't describe it as "full of hush". I hear wind noise and accompanying Michelin roar depending on asphalt surface. I've checked my window seals too and I don't see any sign of damage. I don't know whether we really have that much difference of perception between us or do the cars differ this much.
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club