Sun Oct 20 2013, 08:39am
Member No: #1069
Was aware to date of:

Beige leather
Black leather
Grey leather
Plain cloth
Black leather/cloth lineage trim

Saw this today. Black dash and orangy / beige interior. Think this was a pretty rare option?

- Click Here -
Trainman   
Sun Oct 20 2013, 11:09am

Member No: #86
It's called 'Altazan' and yes it was a rare option, I only know of a couple
Valleybuoy   
Sun Oct 20 2013, 12:25pm
Member No: #1069
I like it. 6 months in to my ownership - and I am thinking of the next model to switch to.

I'm thinking 2.2 lineage. Will have had enough of the extra toys by then (which get limited use!). Struggling to get over 32MPG. Something has to give!

Also thinking Blue or Red. Blue gets the edge.
verycleverman   
Sun Oct 20 2013, 01:09pm
Member No: #65
Valleybuoy wrote ...

Saw this today. Black dash and orangy / beige interior. Think this was a pretty rare option?

- Click Here -

I weighed this one up before settling for black with black leather. I love the blue but SWMBO will not tolerate the cream or brown upholstery!

Pete.
e3steve   
Sun Oct 20 2013, 03:29pm
Member No: #1163
I just love the cream leather -- light & airy -- but the seatbelts are a nightmare to clean.

I do like the tan colour, though; quite rare! Would look nicer if it all matched.....

Not keen on the darker interiors at all. Too Teutonic. I like German cars (and most Germans I've encountered in my travels and in yachting) and I like and very much admire German engineering, but those Dark Knight interiors just don't do it for me personally.

Now, a nice mid-grey, though......
C6Dave   
Sun Oct 20 2013, 03:45pm

Member No: #1
Trainman wrote ...

It's called 'Altazan' and yes it was a rare option, I only know of a couple

One of those got written off.
Website
BruceB   
Sun Oct 20 2013, 09:07pm
Member No: #234
e3steve wrote ...
I just love the cream leather -- light & airy -- but the seatbelts are a nightmare to clean.

I like German cars (and most Germans I've encountered in my travels and in yachting) and I like and very much admire German engineering,

The cream interior whispers 'quality'. I love it, but haven't tried cleaning the seat-belts yet.

My father learned German before the 'unpleasantness' of 1939, and I also learned it at school. My Boy One elected to learn it at 13, in turn, "so that Mum can't understand what we're saying".

I'm currently reading 'Noble Endeavours' by Miranda Seymour. It describes the extreme cultural and intellectual parallels between our two countries since at least 1613 (a handy anniversary), when the daughter of James I (okay, VI of Scotland) married Friedrich V, the Elector Palatine. It's full of fascinating family histories.

I've taught both my boys that we are wrong to blame the World Wars on Germany. WW1 was caused by Austrian pride and intransigence, and as for #2 - well, Hitler was Austrian, not German! Much better to offend 8m Austrians than 80m Germans.

<Very quiet, slightly embarrassed, voice> Do we have any Austrian members? <vqsem/>
smihaialex   
Sun Oct 20 2013, 09:32pm
Member No: #1031
It's actually called Claudia Alezane, not Altazan and that's my Six's interior I absolutely love it

It's befeating of the C6 because it's rare, unique and good looking, but also fairly easy to maintain, because all of the elements that usually get dirty are black

Cheers,
Sam
e3steve   
Sun Oct 20 2013, 09:57pm
Member No: #1163
Bruce, I'm in full agreement with your philosophies. And I, too, learned Deutsch at grammar school, alongside French & Latin, although I've forgotten a great deal of those.

My español is quite good, but that's what comes from living Med-side for seventeen years!
BruceB   
Mon Oct 21 2013, 03:00pm
Member No: #234
e3steve wrote ...

Bruce, I'm in full agreement with your philosophies. And I, too, learned Deutsch at grammar school, alongside French & Latin, although I've forgotten a great deal of those.

My español is quite good, but that's what comes from living Med-side for seventeen years!

I have French and German, and I'm learning basic Spanish fast as I'm working with a bank in Madrid.
My wife is French (hence the Citroen), and completely bi-lingual.
Boy1 has French and German.
Boy2 has French, Spanish and Russian. His archery teacher is Polish, so he's learning lots of Polish profanities! I reckon he has 2 career paths: the Diplomatic Service or the McDonalds on Piccadilly Circus.
dadie11   
Wed Aug 02 2017, 08:44am
Member No: #2724
...good morning, with reference to 'e3steve's' comments from 2013 about seat-belt cleaning...do you have any advice, please? My (supposedly) cream one's are starting to annoy me, by clashing with rest of the interior.
Similarly, and I suspect that this may be a bit of a room with a pachyderm...is there a solution (?) to cleaning the interior 'B'post cloth?
Many thanks, David Crawford.
ul9601   
Wed Aug 02 2017, 09:46am
Member No: #1975
dadie11 wrote ...

...good morning, with reference to 'e3steve's' comments from 2013 about seat-belt cleaning...do you have any advice, please? My (supposedly) cream one's are starting to annoy me, by clashing with rest of the interior.
Similarly, and I suspect that this may be a bit of a room with a pachyderm...is there a solution (?) to cleaning the interior 'B'post cloth?
Many thanks, David Crawford.

I used Simple Green, a stiff scrubbing brush, followed by a thorough rinse with a hose. Almost good as new. It was closer to dark grey before cleaning. I had before/after photos but thanks to photobucket, not any more.
I have the same issue with the B pillar cloth - it's no longer taut, now wrinkly after tried to clean with foam type aerosol interior cleaner. Marginally cleaner though.
Cisco   
Wed Aug 02 2017, 10:56am
Member No: #1429
My B pillar cloth is the same and I'm intending to recover both the B and C pillar cloths.

I'm a bit wary about removing these trims due to the airbags etc. Has anyone done this and can offer some advice?

David-H's photos re. the airbags seem to have got eaten by photobucket....but I don't think they gave me the views I need anyway.

ATB

Frank
321dave   
Wed Aug 02 2017, 12:13pm
Member No: #614
Regards the b-pillars, I bought them both new again when I bought my C6. I found them to be a bit weak to be honest! And if you summer drive with the drivers window down a lot, they won't last to long idir. Thats the unfortunate but lovely beige interior. But amazingly, it affects both dark and light interiors as it's standard trim. Which is good. Was around 80 euros last time I bought them a few years back.

Best of luck
Dave
Cisco   
Wed Aug 02 2017, 03:26pm
Member No: #1429
Thanks Dave,

Do you or anyone else have the part diagram/part no's for the B (and C) pillar trims.

I didn't expect to be able to buy them. By the time I've paid someone to re-trim it will be easier to buy new.

Many thanks,

Frank
Go to page       >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club