Replacement DLR's from England

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
321dave   
Sun Apr 26 2015, 07:10am
Member No: #614
Norman wrote ...

Received the new Amber sidelight LEDs and changed them all except for the drivers side which I could not access it looks like I will have to move the lds tank somewhat to gain access.

Norman

Morning Norman,
I have been following your postings with interest recently regarding the change over of your bulb set to LED. How did the amber side light turn out? You wouldn't have a before and after shot of the different type of bulbs in the same lamp(s)! That would be really great! The fact the LED bulbs last longer (apparently) would be helpful considering the front sidelights are quite difficult (my driver sidelight bulb has gone out as well) to access. Many thanks again.

Kind regards
321dave

Kind regards
321dave
Trainman   
Sun Apr 26 2015, 08:41am

Member No: #86
Morning Norman,

You can get access to the one behind the LDS tank, but it is 'fiddly'.......... I can do it for you at the Northern if you're there.
Norman   
Mon Apr 27 2015, 11:01am
Member No: #364
Hi All,
The front side light bulbs are easy to change simply take off the plastic panel held on by three push in clips pull of the bonnet seal remove the large plug type seal then swap out the bulb. unfortunetly i dont have any before and after photos as the security light comes on where the car resides.
Thanks for the offer steve i will take up your offer to swap the bulb over also i would like to have the side lights programed to come on with the Dlr's i cant do it at the moment as i have sold my lexia to (white exec) in spain when i was over there last week and i'm waiting for a replacment cable set to arrive,
Also which day will you be at northern rally so we can meet up?
Trainman   
Mon Apr 27 2015, 11:35am

I'll be there all weekend and will have the Lexia with me as well
magicands   
Mon Apr 27 2015, 05:34pm
Member No: #1021
Norman wrote ...

Hi All,
The front side light bulbs are easy to change

Can you post some photos so that we can see how the side lights look ?
Website
Trainman   
Mon Apr 27 2015, 08:32pm

I will take some tomorrow, I've just done rewrite up as part of my column for June, along with pictures.

I will post them tomorrow....
Norman   
Tue Apr 28 2015, 01:17pm
Member No: #364
I'll take some tonight and see if i can upload them. Steve i'll see you at the northern rally,

Norman
flump   
Sun Sep 01 2019, 04:59pm
Member No: #4028
Has any bought the correct LED bulb type recently as all the links on here no longer work? If so can you post a link please.
C6Dave   
Sun Sep 01 2019, 05:25pm

Member No: #1
flump wrote ...

Has any bought the correct LED bulb type recently as all the links on here no longer work? If so can you post a link please.

You need to search on PY24W LED White, here is an example of some on eBay - Click Here -

Google brings up plenty - Click Here -
Website
Go to page   <<       

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club