C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

EGR valve C6 V6 2,7Hdi.

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Sun Oct 13 2013, 12:21pm

Member No: #1
With blank plates with a small hole in, the ECU is fine, according to what I read as it's only sensing pressure difference and the small 'bleed' hole takes care of that?
Website
buylove   
Sun Oct 13 2013, 07:01pm
Member No: #1442
That is correct, I have read the same and so far my experience is the same.
I didn't get any errors, but at Land Rovers they wrote that this kit was for cars from 2007 and earlyer. They also wrote that the kit works on EU3 cars but not on EU4 cars.My car is EU4 but I desided to try anywere and it works. Maybe it can be some errors at newer cars, I dont know. I recomend you to try, it is not so much jobb, so it's worth it.
dsharples   
Fri Nov 01 2013, 09:51pm
Member No: #119
My C6 seems to be developing a "cough" or "hesitation" between 1k and 2k rpms, under light throttle. However, I wasn't sure if this was the EGR valve issue mentioned above OR the automatic gearbox not quite being sure which gear to put the car in and/or the 3rd gear lock-up getting "stuck" sometimes.

The problem sometimes happens after slowing down off throttle, and then applying the throttle again, i.e. when negotiating a roundabout or after coasting around a corner or curve.

What is the forum's view?
Hattershaun   
Fri Nov 01 2013, 10:13pm
Member No: #320
These symptoms are identical to those I experienced when an EGR valve needed replacing.
smihaialex   
Sat Nov 02 2013, 12:15am
Member No: #1031
I know this might sound selfish, but I must tell you that I'm simply horrified when thinking that there's still so much that can go wrong with my C6...

For now I have the HP pump and the main harness, possibly a sphere or two, but I haven't yet touched EGR valves, turbos, injectors, the gearbox etc.

Sorry to hear about your troubles DSharp,
Sam

Trainman   
Sat Nov 02 2013, 09:06am

Member No: #86
EGR valve, most definately, Can you accelerate through it, and does it run OK when you do? If so, mine was exactly the same.
dsharples   
Sat Nov 02 2013, 05:46pm
The C6 generally runs fine. 500+ mile round trip to Wigan with no beats missed this last week. Its the running around town when you feel it.

The car has been used to covering 500 miles+ per week for two-three years, but since January, has probably barely done 20% of that - so suspect that items that remained warm and clean, and now getting a bit gunky. I generally use ultra-premium diesel, but have been using some cheaper stuff recently when offers are on.

It feels like a an occasional misfire on when applying light-ish throttle after being off-thottle - I think it does it more than I can feel. For example, when coasting down a hill, and re-applying throttle, you can sense something isn't quite ok (more like the feeling of the gearbox hunting for a gear - i.e. its quite mechanical) - but unless you are tuned to the car you probably wouldn't notice.

If you coast up a gentle incline and then re-apply throttle, you can invoke quite a "coughing fit", but its just not consistent. I'm sure my dealer will say "no fault found" so therefore no warranty cover...
dsharples   
Sat Nov 02 2013, 06:31pm
Incidentally, do you know which EGR valve fails? I notice that Citroen have superseded the part 1618 NG with 1618 QF for the Rear/left? "AR" part, but not the part for the other side/bank of the engine.
Hattershaun   
Sat Nov 02 2013, 11:07pm
Member No: #320
Either EGR valve can fail. I bought both valves, one got fitted to my car.
The second valve was fitted to another C6, the owner is also a B.L.Autos customer.
Trainman   
Sun Nov 03 2013, 07:53am

It sounds extremely similar to when mine went, Lexia should be able to tell you which one has gone.

I described the car as 'hunting' almost like there was a fuel blockage or like when you were running out of fuel, but not quite a severe. After a period of time it became progresivily worse.

Mine was the rear one, which is the worst of the two......
Dekidex   
Sun Nov 03 2013, 05:02pm
Member No: #1471
Hmm Could the Delay that i experience when stepping on the throttle be associated with a faulty EGR valve???
Trainman   
Sun Nov 03 2013, 05:16pm

Dekidex wrote ...

Hmm Could the Delay that i experience when stepping on the throttle be associated with a faulty EGR valve???

No, with 2 working EGR valves there is still the turbo lag, it's been exactly the same on both 2.7's that I've had.
Mike H   
Sun Jun 15 2014, 10:08am
Member No: #53
Well it sounds like blanking is worth a try if it possible to reach the rear valve to slide the plate in.
Has anyone tried the JLM EGR cleaner?
It might at least clean the inlet manifold etc.
Mike
TonyFu   
Wed Nov 15 2017, 11:34pm
Member No: #1869
I have been told today that the EGR valves help keep the particulate filter clean and also help to stop the turbos stalling during gear changes so they are not purely an anti-pollution device, so blanking off your EGR valves may not be the best idea after all!

While I am typing I have a reported stuck EGR valve no. 1 does anyone know if that is the front or rear valve on a C6 2.7HDi pleaase?
C6Dave   
Thu Nov 16 2017, 08:34am

Member No: #1
TonyFu wrote ...

.... blanking off your EGR valves may not be the best idea after all!

While I am typing I have a reported stuck EGR valve no. 1 does anyone know if that is the front or rear valve on a C6 2.7HDi pleaase?

Diagbox should tell you in the fault log if it's front or rear. There is no point in guessing.

BTW blanking or closing the EGR's are better for the DPF as it's when they are open (which is the position they invariably fail in)that all the crud goes into the exhaust system and DPF.
Website
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club