C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: The Garage

Removing driver's door speaker grill

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
Julian   
Sun Sep 15 2013, 02:43pm
Member No: #1346
There is some bass distortion from the RH front speaker which stops when I push against the grill. This suggests to me that either the grill is loose or the speaker is. How does one go about removing the grill?
Rich   
Sun Sep 15 2013, 04:54pm
Member No: #542
I don't think you can. I think the whole door card has to come off. Correct me if i'm wrong though!
C6Dave   
Sun Sep 15 2013, 04:55pm

Member No: #1
Parts list with numbers: - Click Here -

Not having ever done it, I suspect you need to remove the door card to get acess to the rear as Rich says.
Website
cruiserphil   
Mon Sep 16 2013, 06:11pm

Member No: #38
Yes lads,

You remove the door card. Removing the card is straightforward, but I'd recommend getting a Sealey or Laser trim removal tool kit. The tools are excellent and avoid the misery of breaking clips or locking tabs or scratching trim!

Julian, on your specific issue, my left hand front door speaker developed an annoying rattle. I thought the speaker was blown. But when I accessed it there is a plastic grille in front of the speaker (not the one on the door card). A piece of it had broken off and was lying at the bottom of the speaker! Problem sorted! Don't know how it got broken but it may have been from previous access. It looked like the window regulator had been replaced at some point.

Regards,

Phil C.
Hattershaun   
Wed Sep 18 2013, 07:31am
Member No: #320
That's an interesting pint you make cruiserphil, as the driver's side window of Julian's car was replaced earlier this year, when I still owned it, so the internal door panel would have been removed.

Julian you might want to get new clips and fixings for the door panel and systematically replace as one of the old 'push on' ones may be a bit loose/worn.
Julian   
Wed Sep 18 2013, 09:05am
Member No: #1346
Okay - an idiot's guide to removing the card, please...
Rich   
Wed Sep 18 2013, 03:30pm
Member No: #542
I think its here on this site:

- Click Here -
sotweedfactor   
Thu Jul 13 2017, 04:00pm
Member No: #2185
The speaker grille is secured to the main door card by 4 x 9mm nuts. You have to gain access to the back of the door card to remove them. The speaker grille does not prise off.

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club