C6owners Facebook Group

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
C6Dave   
Tue Sep 10 2013, 12:14pm

Member No: #1
Following a request I have created a C6owners Facebook Group: - Click Here -

If you have a Facebook Account you can send a request and be added to the group.
Website
BruceB   
Tue Sep 10 2013, 02:04pm
Member No: #234
C6Dave wrote ...
Following a request I have created a C6owners Facebook Group
I don't 'do' Facebook (mainly because I have a life![1]), but have spotted that there is already a C6 page/group/fan-club/whatever - - Click Here -. To be fair, however, it doesn't seem to be the most active of places. The French C5/C6 club also have a page. I am not pretending to know in what way they do or don't replicate what you may have in mind.

Without wishing to be smartarsey about it, what could/would another Facebook presence provide that is not already working satisfactorily on the forum? At best it a duplication and dilution of effort, and at worst (at least as far as I am concerned) it would mean the atrophy and death of the forum. I have found this problem with a Usenet bikers newsgroup, where some of the 'membership' have set up a Facebook group. Half the messages are necessarily duplicated, while many of the others get lost because a proportion of 'members' don't see them.

[1] I had/have a pseudonymous account which was used solely to stay in contact with my 3 god-daughters. Since they have all grown out of Facebook, my account is now rusted, mildewed and covered in weeds and fungus; as, quite possibly, am I.
C6Dave   
Tue Sep 10 2013, 03:07pm

I rarely do Facebook either, but there are times when something goes wrong with the hosting side of the site, so it's a way of communicating if the site is offline..............

Support questions etc. will always be directed to these forums and there will not be any duplication/dilution as far as I'm concerned.

It's simply another way for others to find and join C6owners.org not simply promote the C6 with a few pictures...........

Oh and you did sound 'smartarsey' but that's probably because I didn't explain 'why' the group was created in my initial post
Website
C6Dave   
Thu Sep 12 2013, 12:55pm

Just a heads up for those that are sending join requests, I'm not getting notifications so that's why there will be a short delay in responding
Website

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club