C6owners :: Forums :: C6 Support :: Towing and Roof Boxes

What towbar to fit to a C6?

Home   Forum Rules    Forum Help  Conversion Tools

Please Register to enjoy additional Member Benefits
Author Post
gmerry   
Wed Jul 24 2013, 08:17am
Member No: #21
"feef" was wondering whether anyone has one that could be used as a template, to make a copy etc.

Unfortunately, there is the small matter of a European Directive 94/20/EC which governs type approval and manufacturing which means that any knocked up copy would be illegal in the UK (but OK presumably in Norway?).

Regards
G

feef   
Wed Aug 28 2013, 10:24am
Member No: #1260
I've since got a Bosal towbar fitted by a 'local' citroen garage near my folk's place in France. Made life so much easier just calling them up when I arrived there, and booking it in to get done
gmerry   
Wed Aug 28 2013, 12:17pm
This seems to confirm that within the EU at least, the only available towbar for the C6 is the Bosal AK6.

Regards
G
feef   
Wed Aug 28 2013, 09:27pm
gmerry wrote ...

This seems to confirm that within the EU at least, the only available towbar for the C6 is the Bosal AK6.

Regards
G

No, there's plenty, it's just the Bosal was what the garage had. The other brands I saw were:

Boisnier,
Atnor
Siarr (part of Westfalia)

Indeed, France Attellage seem to do an own-brand as well

Just have to find a French address to get them sent to, then find someone to fit them
drummond   
Thu Aug 29 2013, 06:43am
Member No: #238
Feef, I have a French address, and I know people who live there as well. Also, France-Attelage seem to do the towbars for a lot less than one would have paid in England.

Btw, I can get Cítroen Granville to fit the bars, or (for a better price) my local garage. I'd prefer Granville...you'd have to get the car to France, of course! I'm going in about 4 weeks, so if you want the bars, pm me.

Tim
gmerry   
Thu Aug 29 2013, 08:21am
Hi all, when getting mine fitted early 2010, I did some research and spoke to Westfalia head office who confirmed that although they had a catalogue item number for the C6, they had in fact stopped manufacturing them. Info may be out of date, but I would not be surprised if the other brands listed were similiar and that even in France, having a catalogue listing and physically getting hold of one might prove to a different thing.

Of course, previous post points out the difficulty of getting French suppliers to ship to the UK. I looked at one site that was more than happy to ship to New Caledonia, or Tahiti, but could not / would not ship across La Manche

G
feef   
Fri Aug 30 2013, 09:18am
drummond wrote ...

Feef, I have a French address, and I know people who live there as well. Also, France-Attelage seem to do the towbars for a lot less than one would have paid in England.

Btw, I can get Cítroen Granville to fit the bars, or (for a better price) my local garage. I'd prefer Granville...you'd have to get the car to France, of course! I'm going in about 4 weeks, so if you want the bars, pm me.

Tim

I've got mine done already, got the Bosal fitted by a garage in Saint Jean d'Angely, but I'm sure others might be interested in taking you up on that.

a
drummond   
Fri Aug 30 2013, 11:41am
I have just spoken to France-Attelage who have them in stock. Nevertheless, I would like to actually order one for a C6, rather than the say so of a central department.

Oh, la Poste goes to all departements of France, including Guadeloupe etc, within 2 days. Try going to Barbados, however....
Cisco   
Tue Oct 15 2013, 02:25pm
Member No: #1429
Here's some details of the towbar I fitted to the C6 a couple of weeks ago..

Takes about 20 sec to fit and lock the ball.

When I had this fitted it was pointed out that it will not fit the 3L car, which, I assume, is down to the exhaust arrangement

All the best

Frank

gmerry   
Wed Oct 16 2013, 08:26am
Hi, that towbar looks like a Bosal but with a different label. Interesting it also fits the Pug 407 Berline!

Also nice that they fitted the electrics on the left so that when it drops down it is next to the ball. The dealer fitted by 13pin electrics so that when hinged down, it ends up on the far right of the car.

Regards
G
jacktherev   
Fri Nov 01 2013, 09:21pm
Member No: #1423
Frank, can i be so nosey as to ask you where you got it and how much it cost? if you don't feel you can say I understand.

Thanks,

jacktherev,
Cisco   
Sat Nov 02 2013, 12:12am
Member No: #1429
Jack,

Supplied and fitted by Totally Towbars in Glasgow.

Give them a shout, I'm sure they can supply only or sort you out somehow.

ATB

Frank
jacktherev   
Mon Dec 09 2013, 04:54pm
Member No: #1423
Has anyone got a Bosal AK6 System that TowEquipe is selling on their site? Their price includes the electrics and delivery which in my case is expensive to Northern Ireland. Or do I need to but the Citroen electrics harness? Any help would be appreciated.
drummond   
Sun Oct 05 2014, 08:52am
I've got a Boisnier towbar with the same characteristics as the Citroen original, including detachable ball. I paid e430, which is about £340,with the specific C6 wiring rather than the aftermarket one size (doesn't) fit all variety.

Fitting according to Boisnier takes 1.5 hours, but we will see about that! I'm having the towbar fitted in England, but it does seem cheaper than the Citroen original. Which cannot be found in England, btw.

The Citroen garage in France said to go aftermarket, as well...looks like no one wants to know about C6's.

Tim
egegron   
Sun Sep 20 2015, 06:43pm
Member No: #1406
Can anyone tell me how to connect the electric wier to the can bus, my tow bar is a Bosal with spesial wiering for C6.
Go to page   <<        >>   

Jump:     Back to top

User Colour Key:
Head Administrator, Administrator, C6 owner, Technical Expert, C6 Premier Discount Club